PDA

View Full Version : Gaffrig Digital Speedometer GPS Guage

HST Madman
07-19-2004, 06:23 AM
Hi All,

Can someone tell me where you can buy the Gaffrig Digital Speedometer GPS guage and antenna for the cheapest price? Does this unit come as a kit, Gauge and Antenna for one price, or do you buy them seperate? Is the Gaffrig unit cheaper than Nordscog's and which do you all like better?

Thanks everyone for your help here!!:p :p

Jim

Rickracer
07-19-2004, 06:38 AM
They run about $440 with the antenna and your S&F discount. Let us know if we can help. :cool:

beer30
07-19-2004, 07:22 AM
Nordskog's is about $378 right off the street. I have never had any experience with Gaffrig, so I can't compare them. The people at Nordskog are a pleasure to deal with. The people I have ran into with Gaffrig have nothing but good things to say about them. Chuck.

HST Madman
07-20-2004, 06:27 AM
beer30,

Is your Nordscog Speedo a digital GPS unit? Does $378 include the antenna as well as Digital speedo guage? How do you like it? Have you had any issues with it at all? How difficult is the installation of this unit?

How accurate is the speed reading you get with it do you think? Lastly, do you have a link for Nordscog's web site? I can not find them anywhere. Thanks!!:p :p

Rickracer
07-20-2004, 06:42 AM
Livorsi (ex Gaffrig) is the hands down favorite, that's why I didn't mention it, but we handle Nordskog as well. Let us know if we can help. :cool:

beer30
07-20-2004, 07:39 AM
$378 is for the whole digital kit, I installed it myself, and I am no rocket scientist. If I can do it anybody can; seems to be very accurate. GPS is supposingly accurate to a tenth of a mile per hour. I really like their units. I have a digital tach from them also. Their website is www.nordskogperformance.net. Chuck.

HST Madman
07-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Hi beer 30 and Rickracer,

Thanks for your replies regarding Nordscog speedo's.

Rickracer, how much do you sell Nordscog Digital GPS Speedo - complete kit with antenna for?

Jim

yachter55
08-23-2004, 06:39 PM
rickman do yo know how to stop my gafferig speedo from leaking from the rear light socket?I asked this question in tech help but cant get an answer.any ideas .thanks

Techno
08-23-2004, 07:08 PM
I think for what these units cost they should fix it for you. Send them an E-mail.
Quality costs but if it fails should have some other support besides a nice name.

yachter55
08-24-2004, 05:12 PM
well I called gaffrig and they they said they rebuild em all the time for fifty bucks. It takes about two days to repair.Im thinking how will the silicone react to glycerin ? will it just leak again?

Techno
08-24-2004, 05:55 PM
Get an RTV gasket maker for oil and antifreeze, maybe that will be proof against it.

Now they rebuild leaking units for 1/2 the cost? Whats the point in buying one of thier units if they leak? That seems crap to me.