PDA

View Full Version : mini video cam question...

Rampager
07-18-2004, 07:48 PM
I have been toying with the idea of mounting a Sony pc cam I have lying around on the boat to take some wild video just playing around and the roost on my jetboat etc
The cam has 2 RCA outs for video and sound. I can get the picture and sound to play through a VCR/TV but I cannot get the VCR to record the picture. What am I missing here?
I have the RCA's plugged into the video/audio "in"s on the back of the VCR and the VCR hooked to the TV normally.
I don't get it, if you can't record off the RCA inputs whats the point of having them?
If I can get this to work I will just toss the old VCR in the boat and I can mount the tiny cam anywhere because its small and light. I could do some pretty extreme mounts if I can get it to work!
Cheers

stvhelm
07-18-2004, 08:17 PM
If you go to the remote for the vcr there's an option for input or video. press that button. most vcr's dont have that button on it. its only on the remote. sometimes you can use the channel button and bring it all the way down to channel "00". it usually dont say "00" it says something like "video1", "video2", or "input".

Rampager
07-19-2004, 06:56 AM
I will look at that tonight. I should have mentioned this is a slightly older VCR but I'm hoping that doesn't matter. If I am gonna throw an inverter and a VCR in my boat to bang around you can be sure its not going to be a good one!
I figured there has to be a way and what you're saying may be it
Thanks I will let you know if it works
Cheers