PDA

View Full Version : Anything on the Chesapeak?

Scott
05-10-2001, 11:16 AM
No need to re-hash the "I'm new to the sport" thing, ya'll know that, so just on to the Q. Are there any events scheduled in/on the Chesapeak Bay area? Any fast boaters on the board live in the area? I live in Catonsville and plan to hit the calm areas of the Bay and looking foreward to Deep Creek Lake (NO PWC's from 11 to 4 Sat and Sun!) Though the project '77 Baha is going well It probably won't get wet until next season. Got the last coat of West Systems 105 on the pad and should have it sanded smooooothhhh by this weekend, bottom painted (Dupont single stage chroma, white) and flipped by the end of June.

Sleekster
05-12-2001, 04:50 PM
Scott,

Which river do you use? I put out of the Bush and Gunpowder mostly. The Sesquehanna has an unofficial party scheduled sometime this summer. Check Hot Boat mag for the race at Kent Narrows -- probably in June, maybe later as well.

Deep Creek has gotten rough b/c of the tonage of boats.

delaware Rick is looking forward to a party the third week in June (after the kids get out of school).

I'm in Harford County and 15 min from the ramp. EME at gbradstock@home.com

What brand propulsion system do you have? When you are ready to dial in on props let me know, you can try what I have.

Scott Gilmore
05-13-2001, 08:59 AM
Scott, if you do get out to Chesapeake Bay LOOK OUT for a gut named DOCK BOY, cause that's where he does all his boating. You can't miss him , he's 400lbs, drives a Red Allison and hooks it all the time. So be carefull !! Scott

Scott
05-14-2001, 07:26 AM
Good to hear there's someone out there in my area! We've got a 15' '77 Baha. Picked it up as an abandoned for the mechanics lean. Motor was stolen so we snapped up a 75 hp Rude but got a line a 90Hp Merc this weekend. Should have it next weekend If I'm not scheduled to work. As we speak the boats bottom up in my garage, we expect to be done with it by this time next year. Hull is solid but had some deep scratches and was badly faded, so we decided to completely redo the package. Work is going faster than we expected, so there's an outside chance it'll see water later this summer.
our e-mail's are Scott.raby@grace.com or Kathyraby@gotomy.com looking foreward to meeting fellow fast boaters. Whadaya got?
Scott G. I've heard of the notorious "DOCK BOY" and plan to keep a close eye out for this character.

RocketMan
05-14-2001, 12:11 PM
Any of you guys ever get to the east side, upper bay? Sassafras River or Bohemia? Ordinary Point, Lloyd's Creek or Still Pond?

Used to run down there a lot. Last couple of years got sucked back into drag boat racing. Raced 9-12 races per year which kills the whole summer. Thinking of taking this summer off from a full schedule of racing, maybe just run 4 local DVBRC races.

Get back to some serious R&R pleasure boating and just plain relaxing again.

Paul

Scott
05-14-2001, 12:43 PM
RocketMan

When finished I plan to stick the Baha in the water every where it's deep enough! Glad to hear from another in the area. We would love to "get around" this summer as much as possible, just to get to know the area. Picked up a Public Access guide last weekend at Sandy Point, Yikes! quite a few! we'll check 'um off as we go!

05-14-2001, 05:43 PM
I'm a little south of you in Belhaven,NC used to work on the bay on a small push boat. loved working during the summer time always saw lots a " ( . ) ( . ) " I have more projects than i really need can't decide if i want to work on my 14' cheeta or the inboard 12' skat cat. we have a few races in plymouth and one in belhaven on the fourth of july.

always looking for a faster ride,
sixabove

Scott
05-14-2001, 07:13 PM
Another project :)

My wife was just getting to use to haveing the garage back, so in went the Baha! I just finished a 1954 MGTD Kit car with a Buick V6 for power! Neat 2 year project but sold it shortly after finishing it. Just can't seem to go for long w/o a project in the garage. This is our first boat so I've asked alot of q's on the board. Looking foreward to spanking my brother-in law with his big block jet boat!!

Sleekster
05-14-2001, 08:10 PM
Been to the Sassafras, Bohemia, Elk, C&D, Still Pond, Fairley Creek...great skiing over there. Heard Lloyds Creek is always fun. All the way back in the Sassafras, behind the bridge was fun skiing too. Been awhile though. A friend kept his boat at the marina. A little tricky sometimes going across the Bay in the V-King. The Sleek should be less of a problem.

Are you going to the Sesquehanna Island thing?