PDA

View Full Version : fuel psi regulators

sosmerc
05-10-2001, 09:05 AM
My current Laser style EFI system runs 34 PSI. Is there a higher pressure regulator available for this system? It needs to be the same design so that it will fit on top of the vapor tank on the engine. I have read in different service manuals that 39 psi is the expected pressure on this Laser system, but I have tested many engines and rarely see more than 34-36 PSI. I have heard there may be a 56 PSI unit...but I think it is only for actual High Performance style (center horn) systems.
My thinking is that raising fuel pressure will richen up my mixture throughout entire rpm range. (I am running the old analog ECU...not easy or cheap to reprogram). Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks.

stan merck
01-28-2005, 04:10 PM
I know this is an old thread SOS but I have been checking into this recently and the Yamaha 50 psi regulator on the HPDIs looks like an exact bolt on to a Merc vapor seperator. I might try one.

ON THE HUNT
01-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Pull the little hose off of the top and plug the hose. Run it at idle and see what your fpsi is. Dont run the engine on the water this way. An after market adjustable can be plumbed in.