PDA

View Full Version : ICUII with Linksys router?

at100plus
07-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Anyone had problems using ICUII with a Linksys router?

It seems you have to forward port 2000 - 2002 but to do this you have to disable DHCP.

I'm afraid to do that, cause it means a whole lot of setting the network back up....

Is there an easier way?

quickonstep
07-08-2004, 09:15 PM
id unno the program, but it seems like if your box has inet access then you should beable to use the software... i never really did like those small broadband routers, and they incounter problems such as these.. id email the people that make icuii and ask them whats going on

Jesse

Scream And Fly
07-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Mike,

Which Linksys router do you have? I've owned Linksys routers since the first one hit the market. Also, what is ICUII?

Greg

at100plus
07-08-2004, 09:34 PM
It's an older one, BEFSR41, I've had it for about 5 years.

ICUII is webcam software like Netmeeting. I'm trying to connect to my wife's family in Germany and my hardware firewall seems to be interfering.

Just did a google search and found some port forwarding settings that ICUII prefers.

I also needed a firmware update to do them.

I don't know if it works now though, cause I don't know anyone else that has ICUII

Scream And Fly
07-08-2004, 09:36 PM
I have a BEFSR41 somewhere - I was just going to suggest updating the firmware. Port forwarding would be the way to go, unless ICUII can run through the DMZ.

Greg

at100plus
07-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Well I disable the firewall through DMZ whenever I try to use a webcam to make a direct connection to another computer, but it still wasn't working.

I actually was able to connect to someone, but not to my mother in law.

With ICUII, there is a public directory with all the online names. You have to meet someone in a room in the directory and then call (connect) with them.

My mother in law could see my name but couldn't connect successfully. I could not see her name in the room.

She has a software firewall that she claims is disabled. I have just the router for a firwall with DMZ Host set to open firewall.