PDA

View Full Version : how do you resize pics?

mragu
07-06-2004, 12:01 AM
how do you resize pics so they can be posted on s&f?:confused:

sho305
07-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Check the camera and computer sections of the forum. In general you save as a .JPG file, and make it 72-100 or less pixels and maybe 6" or less in size. Open it with a browser like explorer to see what it will look like posted after you resave the new file with the changes. It will not post if too big.

mragu
07-06-2004, 01:16 PM
sho, thanks. i'll give it a try

sho305
07-06-2004, 03:40 PM
We try to save room on the site here, so if not important to show a lot I will make a pic real small or crank the jpg quality/pixels down even more. If it needs to be bigger/sharper to show detail then I go up to the limits they allow. Going over 72 pixels much does not even change how it looks on a monitor, if you try a few you can see that. If you printed it though, it would look bad. Your options depend on the software you have, my adobe makes real nice jpgs with smaller files sizes than other software will.

You can also post your pic elsewhere, say on a personal site, then link to it in a post to show the pic at about any size I think since S&F does not have to store it then.

Have fun and don't forget to try the search if you have not as there is tons of stuff saved up here on all kinds of boats, motors, and mods you can pull up.