PDA

View Full Version : Eutsis, FL Nationals

PRAOF
07-05-2004, 10:24 AM
AOF is so pleased to announce the first ever AOF drag boat nationals in the drag boat capital of the world: Eustis Florida. The race is scheduled for September 24-25-26. Money is being raised at this time, but a sizeable purse is already gathered and much more expected. All rules are the regular drag rules you are used to. Please note, that we are not in competition with any other racing organization. This is just a chance to have MORE FUN!!! See you all in Eustis getting your names in the AOF books. We have been asked by some of the OPC people if they can participate. We will keep you updated.
Tony Staron
President of the American Outboard Federation

spn#43
07-05-2004, 05:05 PM
We'll drag race too 1/4 mile turn left, 1/4 mile turn left, 1/4 mile turn left, 1/4 mile turn left, and so on for 15 laps :D :D :D ;) ;)

Hot Shot Merc
07-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Rules that we are used to?....ODBA????If not please post them.I'll be there.:)

PRAOF
07-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Rob, I am not really a drag racer myself, but I am assured by Dorcy Frabot that the rules run are the same as ODBA uses. Dorcy has proposed these as the bonafide rules for the new Drag classes that are being added to the AOF rulebooks.
Hope this helps. I know that drag racers seem to have a very nice group. Seems everyone gets along real well and the nicest people I have worked with in boat racing are the drags including those from ODBA. AOf is a little bit the wal-mart of racing, but hey, it's a boat race. Have talked at length to seveal ODBA officials and we realize that AOF can only help the sport, not be a competitor. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Tony Staron

Hot Shot Merc
07-11-2004, 08:41 PM
That pretty much covers my question.I'm looking foward to this event.