PDA

View Full Version : Eustis Nationals

PRAOF
07-01-2004, 02:52 PM
AOF is so pleased to announce the first ever AOF drag boat nationals in the drag boat capital of the world: Eustis Florida. The race is scheduled for September 24-25-26. Money is being raised at this time, but a sizeable purse is already gathered and much more expected. All rules are the regular drag rules you are used to. Please note, that we are not in competition with any other racing organization. This is just a chance to have MORE FUN!!! See you all in Eustis getting your names in the AOF books. We have been asked by some of the OPC people if they can participate. We will keep you updated.
Tony Staron
President of the American Outboard Federation

Banker
07-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Michael Price and I am the President of Lake Eustis Powerboat Inc. Mr. Dorsey Frabott has bestowed this honor upon me and I will try my best to follow in his footsteps. I have been Dorsey's Treasurer for four years, and Dorsey has committed to helping me continue this successful event. I could not do it without him. I would also like to thank AOF for allowing us to hold this event under their sanctioning.

The Lake Eustis Powerboat Nationals are progressing. We have began securing major sponsors and are looking forward to the largest payout of a Eustis Powerboat Inc. event to date. We will be paying a 60/40 split to 1st & 2nd place in all classes along with trophies and the traditional checkered flag to the winner.

Event setup will be Friday, September 24th, with racing to be Saturday, September 25th - Sunday, September 26th. Award ceremony will commence immediately following the race on Sunday.

We will be securing a host hotel and let you know as soon as possible.

We are always looking for sponsors. Please. As in the past, all net proceeds go to the race drivers. In past events we have paid up to $14,000. My personal goal is to see $20,000 paid to the drivers. This is made possible by our sponsors which we appreciate very much for the support.

Here is my contact information:

Email: Gambler248@comcast.net
PH# : 352-636-2639

If you have and questions, sugestions, would like to be added to an email list, or would like to help in any way, please email me.

Thank you and as always looking forward to having a fun, safe race.

gdfatha
07-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Michael,

As a fan, I wish you the very best success in your new position.
Eustis is and has been by far one of the best venues in Florida for ALL classes of races.

We look forward to returning to Eustis to once again enjoy boat racing as it should be, a multi- class (not only drags), driver/crew and fan friendly venue.

Thank you in advance for bringing some fresh air and an open mind into the sport of boat racing in our area.

marc bivona

Scream And Fly
07-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Welcome to the forums, Michael.

I covered the Eustis Spring Shootout, and I was very impressed with the site and organization of the races. It's an ideal location for many reasons.

If I can assist in any way possible with your efforts, please feel free to contact me anytime.

I look forward to attending future events! For those of you that haven't been at this location, make it a point to get there. It's fantastic.

Greg Terzian
Mobile (I'm in NY now): 516-244-3763

Scream And Fly
07-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Here we are at the Eustis Spring Shootout. Also with Lamar Standish from Apollo Imaging (taking photo).

Photo Credit: Marc Bivona (thanks Marc!)

You can view more photos of our coverage by clicking this link. (http://forums.screamandfly.com/Gallery/showgallery.php/cat/3037/password/)

Greg:)

gdfatha
07-20-2004, 08:55 PM
A view looking in at part of the viewing area, kids play area and park.

Wile E. Coyote
08-02-2004, 05:54 AM
Is there any news, time is running short and it would be nice to have the final information available so racers can make plans......

Banker
08-02-2004, 02:40 PM
The Eustis Nationals is moving ahead. We have the approval and support of the City of Eustis. AOF has approved the event and insurance is in place. Flyers are presently being prepared and event planning is going well. Safety crew is scheduled, scales are located, and sponsors are being secured.

If you have any questions please email me at Gambler248@comcast.net or call at 352-636-2639.

We are looking forward to a fun and safe event.
Thanks

Michael Price
President / Lake Eustis Powerboat Inc.

XTB21
08-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Let me know if things need to be changed!

Race Site (http://68.84.250.132/race%20site/)

Chuck.

Banker
08-18-2004, 10:05 PM
We are moving and sponsorship support is going great. We have already suppassed the previous record of a $14,000 payout. I feel with the response we are getting there will be no problem making the 80 entry goal.

If you would like a flyer, please email me at:

Gambler248@comcast.net

Thanks for the support and we look forward to a fun, safe race weekend.

Michael Price
President
Eustis Powerboat Inc.

Banker
08-23-2004, 11:06 PM
I have made a deal for a host hotel. The Holiday Inn Express located on 441 in Tavares next to Dead River Vics has blocked 30 rooms for the 2004 Eustis AOF Drag Nationals on Friday, September 24th and 50 rooms for Satuday, September 25th. When you call in tell them you are with the "Eustis Nationals" and you will recieve the following reduced rates:

$70.00 for a single king room
$79.00 for 2 twin room
$89.00 for a suite

Rooms include free breakfast opening at 6:30 am, power hook ups, plenty of parking, and the hotel is brand new.

I have made a deal in addition to the reduced rates that if we fill 30 rooms on Friday night the owner will give $500.00. Vic, owner of Dead River Vics located next door, will allow us use of the upstairs for pre race registration at 6:30-7:30 pm Friday September 24th. After registration, everyone is welcome to stay and eat, drink, have a good time, and walk back to your room. Generally every Friday night Vic has live entertainment out on the deck of the dead river.

In return, for every driver that shows up for the preregistration, I will have a drawing from the names preregistered and give back the $500.00 from the Holiday Inn Express. I can only do this if we have 30 rooms pre-booked for Friday night.

Please call the Holiday Inn Express and reserve you room before September 10th at 352-742-1600. Remember to tell them you are with the "Eustis Nationals" to recieve you reduced rates.

Also email me to let me know you made your reservations please.

We are looking forward to a fun and safe race weekend.

Thanks again

Michael Price
President
Eustis Powerboat Inc.

ShorePounder
08-23-2004, 11:59 PM
How 'bout some info for those interesting in volunteering for race day duties?

Banker
08-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Race day starts with driver registration by 9:00Drivers meeting will start at 9:05. Racing starts at 10:00 till 5:00 both Sat and Sunday.

Dorsey Frabott will be referee.
Grady Miller has agreed to be pit boss.
Dive team is head by Bill Fotel.
Bill Goodwin will be starter.
Phil Zoller has agreed to be an inspector
Chuck Craft will be waiting at the finish line

We will need help as time gets closer. If you would like to volunteer, please email me at Gambler248@comcast.net and I'll contact you by phone.

Thanks

Michael Price
President
Eustis Powerboat Inc.

gdfatha
08-24-2004, 05:42 PM
I have a small request for myself and other interested photographers.

Please move the SVS sign/banner that was just behind the start lights and place it on the start dock.

Reason..That area is one of the highlights of the starts where the boats really get airborn but with the sign there the inside lane is blocked out..Only for a second but great shots will be missed...

Thanks

You friendly PIA

marc

Banker
08-24-2004, 09:09 PM
We will try our best to accommodate. We'll probably move it to the walk ramp out to start dock.

gdfatha
08-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the reply and consideration...

Rope hold area

Wile E. Coyote
08-25-2004, 06:00 AM
Pounder, you gots a PM

Banker
09-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Three weeks to race day and everything is on schedule. We are looking forward to a great race, hopefully without any hurricanes.

For any information, please contact me at Gambler248@comcast.net.

Michael Price
President
Eustis Powerboat Inc.
352-636-2639

gdfatha
09-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Just curious...

-How many IB drags will show??

-How many OB drags will show??

Due to the current, on the horizon (IVAN the smuck) and just past weather conditions I suggest a EXCEPTIONALLY comprehensive check of the racing area a day or two before the races..

There are most like a bunch of pissed off gators as well as hidden logs/branches in the general area..

I'll come up Tuesday thru Friday (9/21-9/24 if you need another pair of eyes..

I have no boat, but have an APBA membership with a signed waiver..

I also stayed at an Holiday inn Express Hotel last night..:D :D

My cell is 407-310-6652....

marc

PRAOF
09-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Been out of the loop. Parents lost elec on Hurricane one. I lost part of a roof in W Palm on Hurricne 2. Also, my phone service is still not up to snuff. Looking forward to the first ever AOF OUtboard Drag Nationals. Hope Ivan looses steam. We can't take much more.
Who knows, I might "blow" into Eustis.
See you all soon!
Tony Staron, President of AOF
PS. Good work to Mike and all who are making this race a "must go!"
I can't believe we have people actually asking to volunteer. That says a lot!

gdfatha
09-11-2004, 09:00 AM
I took a crew of wannabe fans for a tour of the Eustis site yesterday.

-The park area looks great-need to have lawns mowed..:D

-The launch area was lusting to have some action. There was some action far in the back corner of the lot.===> Two policepeople were neckin in a black and white..:p

-There was no evidence of any damage in the marina area. Danny had about 3-5 OPCs and lottsa other craft in dry dock. Nome looked damaged. There was a nice looking blow boat anchored in a cove down from the marina.

-The was obvious damage to a mobile home just down the street.

-The parks two swimming pools were temorarily closed.

-The Crazy Gator appeared to be ok. It appeared there were about 10 cars in its lot.

-I would post the 50+ photos I took except while I was downloading we had a power surge and it ate my
512mb SD card:mad: :mad: :mad:

-I'll put up another Eustis album after IVAN passes.

-Many gas stations closed or out of gas

-ALL OB & IB drag drivers would have had orgasms looking at the smooth water in the racing course area.;)

-Danny I will stop by as I can after IVAN..

-Tony S- I assume you will be at Eustis?? or remain Stealth like Marathone & Howey in the Hills?? ===Serious fans want to know??

Things are real busy stocking shelves in all grocery stores;)

marc

Banker
09-11-2004, 05:26 PM
We'll be setting up the track on Friday the 24th, so we'll be able to check for any debris. It's the East shore and most of all the debris is in the West end. Also the east shore is pretty protected, but we'll be making sure it is clear.

Trippin
09-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Just curious.

Banker
09-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Yes. We are expecting fuel from our local distributer, however we have a back up from orlando just in case. Also, there will be an Amsoil rep to sell oil by the quart and gallon.

Banker
09-22-2004, 08:32 PM
American Motorsports will be supplying fuel for the Race. We have Sunoco 110 and Amoco 93. Amsoil will be suppling the oil.

Michael Price
President
Lake Eustis Powerboat Inc.

Banker
09-23-2004, 10:46 AM
After much discussion we have decided that due to winds, rain chance percentage, and Hurricane Jeanne we have decide for safety and racer's expense to cancel the 2004 Eustis AOF Nationals.

At this time we do not see another opportunity to race this year due to conflicts with other race events already planned and the annual change in wind direction that will make Lake Eustis unraceable. I will be contacting all sponsors and we are already discussing a date for the 2005 April Spring Shootout.

If you have made reservations with Holiday Inn please call ASAP to cancel your reservation.

Again I am sorry to due this, but safety is our number 1 concern.

Regretfully,

Michael Price
President
Lake Eustis Powerboat Inc.