PDA

View Full Version : Turbine Powered Jet Boat

Dragons Breath
06-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Another picture of project boat

Stv Euro
07-04-2004, 01:58 PM
More pics!! What speeds are you looking for?

Dragons Breath
07-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Steve, being it is jet drive not as fast as screw...70-80.
When you build from nothing just to see her go is a high...
Let me know if you want more info
Matt

Rampager
07-09-2004, 07:18 AM
Always love to see people doing this type of thing. Thats just a great engine for a jetboat! I've been in one of Mark Nye's boats and it was just nuts. Where did you get the motor and what did it cost? Mark told me that package can be had for about $15k USD which really isn't bad considering the relaibility and power to weight ratio. Did you fab everything yourself? I assume you have some sort of brake on the free turbine?
Pics, definatly more pics...... :D

Cheers

Dragons Breath
07-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Rampager,

Found engine at local Helicopter guy... it was real hot in his hanger...and did I mention I was in Commercial A/C business...
The rest is history.Took him about two months to find a deal.
I started on hull...I did everything but the fuel and oil tanks...
I don't have brake on output yet,but the project is young...
Try to more pics...Let me know Matt

Rampager
07-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Wow thats the kind of deal I'd like to get! You're lucky!

If you haven't surfed Mark Nye's site it would be well worth your while to do so. He also sells some CD's with buildups of both his boats (his first, Squirt 1 was much like yours) He also sells parts for this kind of swap and is a great guy to boot. you may have seen him running a Junk Yard wars team building jetdragsters.

Check out nye.ca for more info

I'd love one of those engines for my 'new' hull..

Cheers

punkinhead
07-28-2004, 01:51 AM
nice clean install. your sheetmetal fab experience is evident. That one should be a scrreamer, i'd hate trying to ski behind that !!

mr fun
07-30-2004, 07:06 PM
is that the aprox 400 hp model? i've asked around a bit in the past, seems like that is the smaller # i recall. saw a 24 elimonator in miami years ago w/arneson drive. he had a stack much higher than your exhaust, may want to consider not cookin that paint job and/or tanks? :rolleyes: just a casual observation, not nessisarly correct. where in pinellas co are you? we come to st pete regularly, maby meet for some hors d'oeuvres and a chilled beverage sometime, fun out :cool: