PDA

View Full Version : how do i change pic byte size...HELP..

streaming demon
06-21-2004, 01:31 PM
SOMONE PLEASE HELP SO I CAN POST PICS WITH MY NEW DIGITAL..................

sho305
06-21-2004, 02:15 PM
You need some photo software. You can get it free on the net if you didn't get some with your equipment or have it now.

Basics are to save the pic in a JPG to post on the net as the file is smaller; and there are limits for this and most other sites on posted file size. You can make the photo smaller in size, image size, if you keep the same resolution. Only need 72 to maybe 100 resolution to post, and more is a waste for monitor viewing. Some better software will also let you change the quality of the jpg file so less is smaller file yet. MS Paint will do jpgs if you force it to open one, or mine will anyway. It does still edit on bmp and you can't change the quality of the jpg. That is good for smaller stuff and very simple. I use adobe to make better quality pics, make them about 6-7" wide @ 72 resolution and save as a JPG. If I open them with explorer they will show the same as they do on the site here...as photo software can show them at different sizes than will appear on here. In general it is good to show/size pics small as will show what you need to to save room.

I forgot- there are some good posts about photo stuff on here you can read; do a search and also look in the community photo forum section.