PDA

View Full Version : How do I print posts w/o getting the right part cut off??

jimmy johnston
06-11-2004, 04:51 AM
Hello guys, I need some help!

How can I print "threads" without cutting off the right hand part? I wanted to print the pics of the 55 Homelite on the "worst outboard ever", but when I do it basically gets cut in half....

Thx Jimmy

Spd-Kilz
06-11-2004, 05:53 AM
If its just the image you'd want, why not right click and save the image?

pyro
06-11-2004, 06:15 AM
Also (with PC/Windows) you can click and drag to highlight a portion of the page. Leave it highlighted, go to "Print..." and check the box marked "Selection." The selection is the highlighted part. You can highlight the entire page of the thread and print it without the left column this way. If there's a large photo in the thread, it may still make it spill off the right side though. If this is the case, highlight the image by itself and print the "selection." Or, you can save and print the image. Right click, choose "save picture as...", save it to your desktop where you can find it easy, then open it, and print it by itself.

-Chad

Spd-Kilz
06-11-2004, 06:17 AM
Example of what he said.

B. Vruwink
06-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Turn the printing on your page 90 degrees. Go to "file" , page set-up, under "orientation" change to "landscape". Will turn page 90 degrees so all is on page.

Scream And Fly
06-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Don't forget the "Show Printable Version" option at the bottom. That should allow you to easily print threads without changing any printer settings.

Click here for an example (http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/printthread.php?s=&threadid=61048)

Greg

jimmy johnston
06-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Thank for all of the help guys...

I didn't know that I knew so little!!!!!

Jimmy