PDA

View Full Version : Al. Hydro. 4May

Winger Ed.
06-05-2004, 01:31 AM
Well, its coming along.

I lost 2-3 weeks on it due to finally having to teardown, strip & paint a Cadillac I'd been promising to do for about a year. Naturally, it had several 'complications', like the new paint raising up on the few places I didn't strip it all the way down. Gosh I hate it when guys don't use enough catylist in the clear and they re-paint a car that I have work on afterwards.

Anyway,

The foam is pretty much done - sort of.
My wife's pet goat has developed a taste for it. I often catch the little monster up on the sponsons eating the solidified foam. I try to keep it covered as much as I can. Its no big deal to re-pour & patch the holes its ate in it, but there sure are other things I'd rather be doing. Oh well.......

There is Hooty glassing in the nose this past Tuesday.

I got him to take off his Howard Stern wig, and his Groucho Marx nose/glasses/moustache disquise; but I couldn't really show his face- he's got about a school bus full of ex-wives & old girlfriends chashing after him wanting alimony & child support for about 2 dozen 'war babies'. Plus. he's also in the witness protection program.

Fortunately for me, they let him out of that re-hab. half way house for a day or two...

He sure bailed me out on the front end,
That was one panel I just couldn't get the metal to form to, so it got glassed after I'd put a cardboard dam a few inches back from were the Al. panel starts and filled the whole front end with foam, then rasped/sanded it down to shape.

The skin is on for almost the entire Starboard side- all but about the last 2' is done, the trailer is done and the hull is on it, and I've temporarilly got the 2.4 Black Max hanging the transom.

Thanks for all the help & support, I can finally start seeing the of this project end now.

In a week or two, the decking should be done.

Then we'll float it and try to get the center of gravity right by moving the fuel tank, battery . etc. around before they get nailed down.

Ed.

Winger Ed.
06-05-2004, 01:34 AM
I"ll try to get a better pic in a day or so.

I fried the pooter last week, and haven't gotten this new one set up quite perfect yet, but will soon and do up some better pics.

Winger Ed.
06-05-2004, 01:37 AM
This one is out dated, but it shows a good perspective..

The decking is almost totally done now on this side--- and all the holes the goat ate were filled & re-primed too.