PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod Power Tour

LaserLTV
06-01-2004, 06:58 PM
I leave first thing tomorrow (wed.) morning for Dallas, TX for the start of Power Tour. This will be my third Power Tour with Year One, Inc. This year we are taking 3 project cars with us. We're taking the 69 Camaro w/LS1 (this year we have a 383 stroker in it), a 67 Chevelle w/540 fuel injected and 300HP NOS Noszle kit and our latest project car a 66 Mustang Fastback w/2003 Cobra engine and a Kenne Bell supercharger (approx. 600-650HP at the rear wheels). Each night we're having a cruise in to the local Hooters, this should be interesting. :D

Here's a pic of the Mustang

eautosales
06-01-2004, 07:21 PM
YOUR A LUCKY MAN TAKES LOTS OF PICS:cool:

DoktorC
06-01-2004, 07:22 PM
That is a bad ass stang!! Very nice.

LaserLTV
06-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by eautosales
YOUR A LUCKY MAN TAKES LOTS OF PICS:cool:

Pictures of Power Tour or the cruise to Hooters????????????:D http://www.yearone.com/enthusiast/articles/69camaro/69new_images/152.jpg
Here's the Camaro
http://www.yearone.com/enthusiast/articles/chevelle/chevpics/chevelle33.jpg
Here's the Chevelle

eautosales
06-01-2004, 07:54 PM
UMM BOTH I LOVE THEM BOTH THE SAME WOMEN & CARS:D :cool: SOMDAY I WANNA DO A TOUR IVE GOT THE MOTOR & TRANNY JUST NEED A STRAIGHT SOLID MOPAR THATS READY FOR A STROKED 440:D PREFERABLY AN A BODY

LaserLTV
06-01-2004, 08:34 PM
We're talking about doing a 527 Hemi crate engine in an E body this year, and we're also talking about doing a B body.

eautosales
06-01-2004, 08:48 PM
NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL BUT IF I HAD YOUR RESOURCES ID BUILD AN A BODY 69 DART GTS:D MAN THEY ARE MEAN WITH A HEMI :cool:

CDave
06-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Didn't y'all come through Lake Charles, La. last year?

Those are some sweet rides!:cool:

LaserLTV
06-02-2004, 06:56 AM
Hemi A Body, that'd be cool! This year the Holley Road Runner will be running with us, I heard they put a new Indy headed engine in it with a blower.

YES, Lake Charles was the stop after New Orleans last year. We had a great time at all of the LA stops last year. My wife and I are talking about going to New Orleans together, probably not for Mardi Gras (DARN). We are stoping tonight in Shreveport,LA and continuing to Dallas tomorrow.

WARLOCK
06-03-2004, 07:20 AM
A good friend of mine is leaving Monday for the Power Tour. He's got a trick 82 caddy that runs low 11's and now a 10 second Ultima GTR. You've got some killer cars in the pictures. Later, Dave

LaserLTV
06-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by WARLOCK
A good friend of mine is leaving Monday for the Power Tour. He's got a trick 82 caddy that runs low 11's and now a 10 second Ultima GTR. You've got some killer cars in the pictures. Later, Dave I KNOW THAT CADDY, he ran at our Bristol Bash this past year he brought Ultima.

WARLOCK
06-03-2004, 01:30 PM
I'vr been in that Caddy several times and it certainly does'nt handle or rip like Caddy. Jeff also came over and gave me ride in the Ultima. That car is incredible! You should see the Trans Am he building with his son. 84 T/A with 550 h.p. for a 16 year old. Pretty lucky kid. Later, Dave

tripledude
06-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Looks like your gonna be stylin'. Always read about the Power Tour and it looks like a great time. Someday.... Would also like to make ip up to the Woodward Cruise by Detroit. Maybe this year??? I remember seeing that Caddy in one of the magazines. Sleeper supreme.

WARLOCK
06-04-2004, 09:52 AM
That Caddy ran 146+ down the straight a way at Brainerd last year before throwing a driveshaft through the rear floor. He certainly surprises a lot of people not with just the speed , but the handling. You should see the bikes he's had and has. When you coming in town next ? Let me know. I have'nt talked to jeff in quite a while. Later, Dave

tripledude
06-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Bet that Caddy had the air conditioning on at 146?? Going to Jeffs sometime this moth for Kyle's grad party. Wanna make it up to the island for the races but will have to wait. Maybe next month. It works for me best when I cann take off Thursday and Friday cause of the drive. Hope you're doing well. I'm sure the local beer stores are glad you're back in action. Clyde

LaserLTV
06-12-2004, 02:23 PM
We had agreat time on Power Tour, I jsut got home about two hours ago, MAN it's great to be home. I missed my wife and children so much. We made all the way without any major problems. We spent some time tuning on the cars while we drove, they're all EFI. We also spent most of our time cruising with the Rides TV show crew, and Chris Titus from the show Titus. He's a riot, and he has a wicked car. One of the participants on Power Tour broke a Richmond 6 speed trans in Kansas, so we all wnet back about 40 or so miles with a trailer to pickit up and help him out, then Year One, Rides, Yellow Freight and Richmond all pitched in to take care otf the transmission and we barrowed a guys shop in Davenport, Iowa to install it. The taped most it to use on the show:D who knows maybe I'll end up on TV.

Karl817
06-12-2004, 11:11 PM
I saw that Mustang on the street in front of the Ballpark. Nice updated look to it.

CDave
06-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Sounds like y'all had a blast!

LaserLTV
06-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Karl817
I saw that Mustang on the street in front of the Ballpark. Nice updated look to it.

Thank you, we had a great time building it. Man it was HOT that weekend. Do you live in the Dallas area?