PDA

View Full Version : Busy June for Mod/Stock/PRO east coast ...

Mark75H
05-29-2004, 09:37 PM
A race every weekend:

June 5-6 Lambertville, NJ
June 12-13 Warren, PA
June 19-20 Denton, MD
June 26-27 Sharptown

Lambertville is on the Delaware River just north of Washington Crossing ... good for a history lesson for the kids .... bad for Mod Division racing 'cause it is noise restricted ... no loud pipes; just the same look for 3 or 4 3 cylinder OMC FE mod hydros thumping out 90+ mph as one of the feature races at this site

Denton is probably the shortest race course anywhere with the tightest first turn in racing. A dozen C class runabouts trying to squeeze around the pin without banging together or going into the weeds is always exciting. Watching Ian and Gary Augustine turn it into an oval or spraying down the judges stand is worth the trip as well.

Sharptown is close enough to Ocean City, MD or the Delaware resorts to be a nice daytrip between nights out. Wake up at noon and still get there in time to see most of the races.

Mark75H
05-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Forgot to mention the Augustine's run a boat in most of the classes from 20ss Stock to 350cc alky.

6 more years and the Augustine Racing Team starts another racer .... Fearless Wil Augustine will join his grandfather, father uncles and cousins

Mark75H
05-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Oh, yeah .... the Augustine's 350 alky ... is one of the Rossi 3 cylinder racers. 2 cylinders on one side and one on the other.

Really it is an opposed twin on the bottom and a single cylinder added above the pair ... a real odd motor to look at in the pits.

delawarerick
05-30-2004, 07:32 AM
Sam I will drag Dave S and any others I can find to Denton. Look forward to seeing you run. Should I bring a boat incase an extra hand is needed? Rick

Mark75H
05-30-2004, 09:03 AM
Thanks, Rick. It never hurts to have an extra boat in the turns to drag Dave's boats back to the pits.

Dave S
06-02-2004, 06:09 AM
Ya I gotta get towed in cause Sam stole my gas when I was not lookin.:p And his noisey motor sacres My dog, poor thing will have to stay home with the wife. Hey that means I can DRINK.:eek: Then I will forget to put in the drain plugs.;) HeeHee

Dave S
06-09-2004, 09:07 PM
A good getogether, Let's all show up...And Dunk De rick... HeeHee.:D

Mark75H
06-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Dave, if you spend less time on Screamandfly you might get one of those boats done in time for Sharptown. Back to work, galley slave!!

Dave S
06-10-2004, 06:18 AM
Yes masser.:( The guy with the Hydro is dragg'in his feet. I been busy work'in on fiss'in boats. Need to get it done.:rolleyes: I plan to be there with a boat. Even if I gotta put a sail on it.

delawarerick
06-10-2004, 06:32 AM
Anyone in the area might want to attend this race. It will allow us to put a name with a face on the board. Bring a boat if you want and we can play after the races. Email me for directions. Rick

Dave S
06-14-2004, 10:12 PM
De Rick the DRUNKS are loaded up and ready to come up and party.:eek: But my wife is comeing too so I gotta be good.:cool: I hope your felling better, and bring the tow boat. :D

Mark75H
06-16-2004, 06:53 AM
Dave I do not have spare cable to boat anchor clamps. Don't you have some on the boat hanging in your shop?

Brandt is bugging me for boat count. I emailed the guys up north, but no answer yet ..... if I don't hear from them I guess FER won't run at Sharptown.

Mark75H
06-16-2004, 07:04 AM
This guy sells new hardware: tcronk@tampabay.rr.com

Mark75H
06-16-2004, 07:07 AM
My elbow is preventing me from completing my runabout motor in time to test at Denton. Looks like HYDROPLANE racing for me ....

Dave S
06-16-2004, 09:07 AM
I have them on the boat hangnin'n from the cealing but I can't reach it with all the junk under it.:o My team has kinda dissolved, the guy with the butt's is draggin both feet, a family man, wife, kids and no time. We will see. I got the runabout ready, just need to build up the transome for the little motor, thats kinda strange.:rolleyes: Big motor small transome- small motor big transome.:confused: