PDA

View Full Version : Do you think these will withstand...

mouaclan
05-28-2004, 07:35 PM
the elements, especially splashing water? I mean to a minimal of course, but lets face it, they will get splashed quite a bit from time to time. i like 'em cuz they're blue (matches my color scheme), and rubberized (hopefully good enough for water protection). ur comments are welcomed.

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8868&qp=0&oid=69874&oid=69874

sho305
05-28-2004, 10:26 PM
I think it depends on how you mount them. You have to be careful with some of the coax post mount type that have no seal on the woofer, where the water can go down the post and inside the woofer. I would guess those would be as good as any for moisture but not sure about splash. Maybe you can use the pantyhose trick, unless the grills have a cloth in them.

Techno
05-28-2004, 11:47 PM
The spec sheet lists
Woofer Surround Material -Treated cloth
And that don't sound too good for a boat.
Doesn't say what treated cloth is but if you hit the links for poly it gives a glossery.

I don't like oval speakers. Those are car stupid idea location sizes.
The color shouldn't guide you since they should be grilled over. The latest trend is to glamorize the speaker for show. And that is show. Pop a $50 speaker and you'll wish it was covered.

Beside almost the same look can be done with blue cloth and some filed aluminum plate. In fact a better look since its any way you want.

MMMmmm aaallllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuminum.