PDA

View Full Version : 25HP Race Boats

DHos
05-16-2004, 01:05 AM
I was wondering if anyone out there has any info on the kneel down boats with the small outboard engines (j-class except for little kids), such as the specs, where the races are held, and what kind of boat and motor is used. Thanks.

David_L6
05-16-2004, 06:12 AM
There are a few of us around here that race or have raced kneelers. :cool: I race C mod hydro and D mod hydro.

There are races in Millville, NJ and Trinity, TX this weekend (yesterday and today). Also there is a "test and tune" session in Quincy, IL today.

For detailed answers about the boats and motors try posting your question at www.HydroRacer.net .

jeff55v
05-31-2004, 08:51 AM
I couldn't quite tell from your post if you want info about 'J' class or exept 'J' class. I'm gonna go with the assumption you'd like to know about the 'J' (junior) class.
There's a bunch of the small kneel-down type racing in Florida. Here's a link to the APBA region 5 club page:
http://www.apba-racing.com/Clubs.php?Reg=5

Here's another link to APBA 'J' class info:
http://www.apba-racing.com/Categories/J/

I hope this helps you out.
:)

jeff55v
05-31-2004, 11:29 AM
If you were looking for 25hp race boat info, you should find that at the APBA site link I gave you. Or at the Hydroracer site link that David gave you.

Here's a couple 25ssh boats:

DHos
06-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Thanks, to let you know I'm not looking for J-Class, but i don't know which class to use I'll have to call the Florida clubs and get some info on boat hull types and which ones are restricted.
DHos

Hey Dewitt, thanks for the chopper prop. I'm bringing my boat to Demopolis as well as the R/C boat tell Daryll to have his Stryker ready because Fun Cruiser is running great.(Like Dewitt will read this)

baja200merk
06-30-2004, 06:38 PM
where can i get props for a 25hp merc?my bro has the motor on a 12ft mini hawk and its spinnin too high

DHos
07-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Your local Mercury dealer should be able to order a Chopper II prop. I got mine from Boatworks in Ridgeland Miss. and it works great and doesn't rev to high either. Plus, I run my 25 on surface drive.

baja200merk
07-11-2004, 01:28 PM
i dont think a chopper would be good for this hull i dont plan on surfaceing the prop any stainless 15p for sale out there?

JUNIOR SPEED
08-05-2004, 11:55 PM
whats up my name is pete im 15 and live in lindenhurst ny my neibor down the block has one he was asking the same ?'s as u they run 25 mercs and johnsons with racing lower units doing 73+mph crazy they race in riverhead thats all i know so far . i will post more info
pete

jeff55v
08-06-2004, 05:11 AM
Pete, You're right. Whenever you see one of those little 25hp Mercs racing, It's more than likely, mounted on a racing lower unit and towerhousing. It's completely different from anything you can buy from a marine dealer.
If you know someone looking for a prop or other parts for one of these little screamers. Here's a link that'll help get you connected with our little racing world:

http://www.indianaoutboard.org/new-racers/new-racers.html

:)

JUNIOR SPEED
08-06-2004, 09:50 PM
yup its crazy going that fast in something so smal must fell like your going 900 mph thanks for the link my neibor will find it use fullme to ive been trying to get into racing aprecaite it
pete

Six Four
08-06-2004, 10:25 PM
I love it:D :D ,, go to hydroracer.net