PDA

View Full Version : ??? Graphics and/or Paint

KLR35
05-10-2004, 02:08 PM
I have a Vking that I am prepping for the short Maine Summer. The boat is all white inside and out. I am looking for ideas to add color to the hull by either paint or graphics. My question is does anyone have any good designs that they could share or know of any good companies that sell graphics that will withstand the elements and add a little flash to the boat.

I have seen some pics on the sight of some pretty awesome designs, but have never asked if these were actual paint jobs or graphics.

Also does anyone know where I can find a Vking windshield and frame as well as a backseat. These two items are very difficult to come by.

Thanks,

Kevin

Techno
05-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Local and online sign shops can do custom stickers to what ever you want.
As far as the style I made copies of my boat. Black and white is all you need. Start scribbling different things on it. Ones that look kind of good color them in with marker. Don't need to be an artist to do this. A perspective view is better than a top or front thing. Its just to work up some ideas first and fast.
One thing I did learn on this is don't follow the molding lines. Some are OK but all of them look like crap. The really radical paint jobs take an idea and just float it over the object whether its a boat or a car. Check out the peal thread for this affect. Doesn't follow anything but is like a peice of printed shrink wrap.
You can bend the windshield and maybe make the frame?
Some have done the bending but don't know on the frame.

Dregsz
06-21-2005, 03:48 AM
THere is a classified section on the hydro steam site, lots of cult parts there