3. Formula 1 (car) :)
4. Champ Car (Cart) :)
5. Moto GP
6. A.M.A. Superbike
7. W.R.C. Rally
8. World Superbike
9. Go Kart
10. Any road (skill) racing
No Nascar, IRL or racers in drag...I mean drag racing (my grandma can floor it and hold on for quarter mile) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

spn#43
05-10-2004, 09:47 PM
No racing fans???
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Clyde
05-10-2004, 10:27 PM
How can you like formula 1 (car), all babys IMO, CART too. I still like drag racing, if you think it's easy, try holding a funny car straight with a face full of flaming nitro after the motor goes south in a BIG way. I agree with NASCAR, now that's the motorsports WWF. I mean how can you change the rules week to week and belive it's a "race." While it's not a race, more of a contest I always wanted to go to salt lake, there's something about top end that's kewl.. :cool:

LaserModVee
05-11-2004, 11:45 AM
F1 is the pinnacle of motorsports.
I love them all, but F1 is still the ultimate in cutting edge technology.

As a gearhead it's hard not appreciate a 2.6 litre V-10 producing over 900 hp, whether or not the drivers are crybabies or whatever.

I can't put them in any order...I grew up on the dragstrip, (dad ran R/SA in the NHRA), and myself bracket race today for fun.

They are all awesome!

WATERWINGS
05-11-2004, 11:56 AM
As long as its got a motor!!

I don't like any kind of BALL sports.........BUT IF ITS GOT A MOTOR................

spn#43
05-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Clyde
How can you like formula 1 (car), all babys IMO, CART too. I still like drag racing, if you think it's easy, try holding a funny car straight with a face full of flaming nitro after the motor goes south in a BIG way. I agree with NASCAR, now that's the motorsports WWF. I mean how can you change the rules week to week and belive it's a "race."

:) At least we agree on Nascar:D :D ;)

all baby's in F1:confused: :confused: come on man...going down the short strait, V10 screaming 18500 rpm @ 220 mph, 100 yards b4 turn you get on breaks pulling 4 negative G's, turn in with 5 side G's, get back on throttle now with 3 G's under acceleration, and like that for next 2 hours.......I don't think "baby" would live to tell the tale. ;) ;) ;)

GP-1
05-11-2004, 10:35 PM
No drag racing?? How about SBS (shootout) bikes.. No wheelie bar, 300-400 horsepower motorcycles.. These are street legal sportbikes that run the quarter mile in the mid 7's.. They're often carrying the front wheel through the traps... at over 190 mph..

If you just "floor it and hold on", you get squashed..

spn#43
05-11-2004, 11:12 PM
From start to finish in 7 sec. going strait ....hmmm....just not my cup of tea, I guess:rolleyes:

FLOOR, :eek: BREAK, :eek: TURN, FLOOR, :eek: :eek: TURN, :D FLOOR, :eek: :eek: BREAK, TURN,:cool: FLOOR....= RACING:D

j.iverson
05-11-2004, 11:19 PM
:D Lawnmower racing:p

Clyde
05-12-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by spn#43
:) At least we agree on Nascar:D :D ;)

all baby's in F1:confused: :confused: come on man...going down the short strait, V10 screaming 18500 rpm @ 220 mph, 100 yards b4 turn you get on breaks pulling 4 negative G's, turn in with 5 side G's, get back on throttle now with 3 G's under acceleration, and like that for next 2 hours.......I don't think "baby" would live to tell the tale. ;) ;) ;)

I wasn't talking about the race itself, but the politics in the sport, too many teams worry about themselfs and not the sport as a whole i.e. magor league base ball, unlimted hydro. The thing that makes NASCAR great is the same thing that sucks about it, to orchestrated. I love the tech. part of any racing, and anybody that has the kauhunas to to "let her fly" weather on land sea or air has my vote.:cool:

Cobalti
05-12-2004, 12:26 PM
My .02 is 1) MOTO GP, try doing the F1 on a motorbike thas has 250+hp and ways in at less than 130kg. 2)Any thing that is fast on water! 3)World rally championchip. One wrong move and they could be "tree huggers" literally! I feel they are the best drivers in the world bar none. 4)Any thing alse with a mota! That includes lawn mowers.

Oh, and without taking the due from F1 drivers, I would love to see one in the saddle of a 8000hp funny car, and try to hold it straight. I would say they would eventually master it, perhaps, but I'm sure they will Poo Poo their suits in the process. Bottom line....nothing wrong with drag racing! :cool: :cool:

You got an awesome grandma you lucky lucky man!!!!!!;)

spn#43
05-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Cobalti

You got an awesome grandma you lucky lucky man!!!!!!;)

She's got skills man :D :D :D :D "ain't big deal" that's what she says. :cool: :cool: :cool:

GP-1
05-12-2004, 07:13 PM
I read where Valentino Rossi got a test in a Ferrari F1 car.. Apparently, he ran within three seconds of Schumacher.. You think Mikey could come with 15 seconds of Rossi's times if you put him on a RC211V??

Cobalti
05-12-2004, 07:17 PM
On a special racetrack.......in LA LA Land! I think it's the next star to the left from Peter Pan.LOL.:D :D

I talk to these guys at Phillip Islan. I have a few contacts, but nothing to brag about. Infact I was at the Fortuna Yamaha camp, whwre they stored our helmets while we were walking around, and were talking about boas with the mechanics. Marco Melandri is there having a coffe and joining into the conversation. I fing they are the coolest, most down to earth bokes and when you cosider the skills they have, it really makes it a pleasure to watch them. Valentino Rossi is a phenomenon. He would hop in a monohull and take it past 100mph chine walking and all in no time I'm sure! Mick Doohan is a big boating fan. He has several boats and recently sold a 28foot Skater.
Unless you know the Pope, you will not get within sight of Michael Schumacher.

LaserModVee
05-12-2004, 08:21 PM
MotoGP is awesome...but I am still pissed off they let four strokes in. I miss the all 500cc two-stroke grid.
Oh well, at least I have some fellow country-men to cheer for with Nicky Hayden, Colin Edwards, and KR jr. (Which few Americans have ever heard of these guys).

Flat track motorcycle racing is one of my favorite motorsports I forgot to mention. That is where many American roadracers got their start. Awesome action.

MirageSmack
05-12-2004, 10:55 PM
I used to be a huge F1 fan - Ferrari mainly. But I can't keep interested now, even though my car dominates. There is little driver input needed to be a champion. Take Shu out and put someone else in his cars, and we'd be talking about how great that guy is. I believe it is too much technology if thats possible.

Plus, seeing a Ferrari slow down to let a teammate (Shu) pass almonst made me puke. I miss those freaky 6 wheeled Elf cars too!! Smack

spn#43
05-12-2004, 11:19 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool:

spn#43
05-12-2004, 11:20 PM
:cool: :cool:

spn#43
05-12-2004, 11:21 PM
:cool:

Cobalti
05-12-2004, 11:23 PM
About letting their team mates pass...

Now that is not racing and totally SUX!

All that technology, and then you see stuuf like that! They lost the plot I think.

How cool is that Elf.

Does any one remember the Elf Moto GP bike with the swing arm front end? It was discarded due to problems during braking, the very things it was ment to solve, but didn't it look cool?

MirageSmack
05-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Love that thing, for lack of a better word.

No, I love the technology itself in F1, but it takes away from driver's skill, IMHO. I remember the first time I saw little radiator setups for each brake asembly -- way cool!

CDave
05-14-2004, 08:54 AM
It is easier for me to name the kinds of racing I don't like.

Don't really care for Monster Truck Racin' and I really can't think of any other racin' I don't care for. Maybe sailboat racin' too.

To me good racing is close competitive racing. I've seen better Saturday night dirt track kart races than some of the professional races I've been to.

spn#43, you don't like drag racing? Go to a boat drag race sometime.
Next time ya talk to ya granny get some tips on drag racin' my Allison. I sure could use um. :D

CDave
05-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by GP-1
I read where Valentino Rossi got a test in a Ferrari F1 car.. Apparently, he ran within three seconds of Schumacher.. You think Mikey could come with 15 seconds of Rossi's times if you put him on a RC211V??

Not to knock Valentino or any of the motorcycle racers, those guys got nads!! 3 seconds is a huge difference in an F1 car.
Even Jeff Gordon ran competitive speeds in an F1 car.