PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Drags AOF

PRAOF
05-06-2004, 09:57 PM
It is just a few weeks since the first AOF drag race of the year that was held at Eustis, FL. AOF was extremely pleased with all who attended. You are a great bunch.
The 15-16 you are invited to attend the Marathon Keys race. The drag part of the show will be AOF so you should already be members. Tow money will be paid. This is a great chance for you to get on major TV. I feel that the drag boats can be come a great second show to the offshore racing, so this could be the beginning of something really really big. APBA is involved, but not with the drag part of the program. Our time is limited on the water and this will be more of an exhibition to prove out stuff than a full blown race. You will be treated like royalty and will be a major part of all of the VIP parties with free beer and food.
This is a chance of a lifetime. The inflatables and the inboard drags are also and especially invited too. The more the merrier.
Hope you can all attend. A flushing station for you engines will be provided.
If you have any questions, call me at 561-644-1200. Tony Staron, Your humble President of AOF who really really appreciates all of the drag participants.

Scream And Fly
05-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the forums, Tony.

Could you please provide us with race location details, etc?

Thanks!
Greg

PRAOF
05-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Thanks Greg. I have been a fan of this site for a long time. Not much of a computer person. I race kneeldown and also Craftsman Trucks this year. (well, kinda, race them, Haven't qualified yet! I will be at Marathon and flying to Ohio for the truck race on Sunday). Good thing for sponsors. Look for number 57 (officially 157). Here is the information. Again, call or email me if you need more infor. Tony
MARATHON, Florida Keys --- Offshore powerboat racing fans can anticipate free viewing opportunities and complimentary admission to the Dry Pits and Wet Pits at this year's edition of the Marathon Offshore Powerboat Gran Prix, set for May 14th - 16th in the Florida Keys. The weekend event is to kick off with a parade of raceboats down the Overseas Highway and a second fleet of entries to the season-opener of the 2004 American Power Boat Association's Offshore GMC Pro Grade Tour. "We are excited to be able to showcase both our million-dollar fleet, as well as our fellow APBA/AOF Kneeldown/OPC/Drag," said race producer Lee Mills. Mills said the Race Village at Florida Keys Marathon Airport will open officially for the weekend Friday, May 14th, beginning at 9:00 A.M. The parade is slated that evening at 7:30 P.M. with a post-event party at Sombrero Beach. Fans are invited to attend with a donation admission benefiting the Marathon Rotary Club. Sunset Park, situated at the east end of the Seven Mile Bridge, is the prime viewing area and there is no charge for general admission, Mills said. The Kneeldown/OPC/Drag competition is to kick off the Saturday competition at 10:00 A.M., followed by APBA Offshore powerboat racing action at Noon and 2:00 P.M. At 3:30 P.M. the Stock Outboards are to end the first day of racing. Sunday, Kneeldown/OPC/Drags will again kick off action, with offshore powerboat races at noon and 2:00 P.M. An awards presentation is be held at Sombrero Beach at 7:00 P.M. Sunday to honor top finishers in each class. Complimentary to race teams, fans can attend for a small fee with proceeds again benefiting the Marathon Rotary Club. For race fans seeking an experience inclusive of catered cuisine and prime viewing area, a special VIP package is available. Tickets for the VIP area are $100 per person, per day, or a weekend pass for $175 per person. The VIP tickets also provides admission to all social events as well as a race program and poster. For more details on the race go to http://www.KeysOffshore.com

David_L6
05-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Hi Toe-knee! :D

Who you tryin' ta fool with that birthdate in your profile? BUSTED! :eek:

:D :D :D

PRAOF
05-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Dave, Birthdate done by accident. really! grin Now you know why I don't post much. I need a sexitary!!!
Toe Knee
PS. to all drag racers. Unfortunately, this race was to be announced in Eustis. I guess Dorcey felt Phil Zoeller was out of line talking about an APBA race at an AOF event. Not that it matters to me. but did to him. I finally explained to Dorcey that this is an AOF race for the dragsters.
Also, even if you don't race, but have a boat and want to pretend you are a racer, like "but I play one on TV"-then show up with your boat. We'll make this look good and you can be a VIP. What does that mean anyway?