PDA

View Full Version : A friend to all of us needs your help

05-08-2001, 08:41 AM
Several times over the past year, while my mother was gravely ill I asked for your support and prayers, The support was overwhelming to say the least and I again want to thank all of you who stood by and supported me through my mothers illness and death. Now I want to interceed for two of the finest people I know in this business. I'm sure all of you are familiar with Chuck and Debbie Goodman at Nitrox/ Hydodynamics in Benton La. For many years they have manufactured and supplied jack plates and other products that are the staple of our hobbies and helped with answers to technical questions on this board. Yesterday I received a call from Debbie who is very upset about a member of her family who has been diagnosed with a rare disease that is incurable.Many of you may at one time have spoken to Debbie's niece, Rose, on the phone when she worked at Hydrodynamics. Rose is gravely ill and they are moving her to Houston for further treatment. Debbie and Chuck have always been supportive of our sport and deeply involved with helping it grow. These people need your help. They are trying to set up a fund to help Rose. I sincerely ask that you contact Debbie or Chuck Goodman at 318-965-0201, if no more than to offer your support. I don't have an e-mail address but Debbie and Chuck both watch this board. They need your help and support in this time of need. Do your part to show them they have many friends here.
Noah Legear/ Eagle One Performance Products

AnthonySS
05-08-2001, 09:19 AM
NOAH,

Thanks for the post. We will add Rose to our prayer list cause when the doctors state incurable, then we really have to rely on God, as he is the ultimate healer.

To Debbie and Chuck,

Please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

AnthonySS

905-426-7726 (home)

Balzy
05-08-2001, 09:48 AM
from Wisconsin. Chuck and Debbie and the whole crew at HydrDynamics have been great people to work with. It has been super dealing with them. I have not bought a lot of stuff from them but the dealing I have had have been flawless. We will pray for the whole family. I will give Chuck a call. Thanks for the post Noah.

Ms. Hydro
05-08-2001, 01:45 PM
My little niece, Rose Ann, has an incurable disease "RSD", which has been described as worse than cancer, more costly than aids and "Hell on Earth". Unfortunately, Rose Ann is a Level Four which is the worst stage. In order for you to understand this disease, because it is so rare, you need to research RSD on the internet. It involves the complete nervous system; anyone can get this disease. It usually results from a mild injury. It is crippling and your skin feels like a hot iron is being applied. Her skin actually bursts open and bleeds. Rose Ann can not be touched and has to have a walker to get around. RSD affects the brain stem and will impair your vision, etc. Rose Ann is a dual RSD in that two nerves in her neck were injured. So, anything you read, multiply it at least times two.

Rose Ann was terminated from her job last year due to her inabilty to work and lost her insurance. Several weeks ago, a foundation was established for Rose Ann by an anonymous benefactor at the First National Bank of Benton. We have no idea who this kind and generous person is; the bank could not release the name of the person as per the instructions of the benefactor.

At this time, we do not know the date that Rose will be going to Houston. Her doctor may try another nerve block treatment this afternoon.

Rose Ann's doctor sent a message to her mother and me to stop encouraging her that there was no cure and there would be no miracle. I refuse to accept this. Chuck and I do not have children and Rose is like a daughter to us.

A very special thanks to Noah Legear for giving me words of encouragement and bringing this need to your attention.

Please continue your prayers and support. Miracles do and can happen!

Debbie Goodman/Hydro Dynamics/Nitrox

KaptainKirk
05-08-2001, 04:12 PM
Prayers go out to your family and Rose Ann.

espen
05-08-2001, 04:58 PM
My little prayer to HIM are sent....
My hope is that HI will hear our prayers in this awfull
suffering and cure her with a miracle!

Delta
05-10-2001, 12:41 AM
Chuck and Debbie:
My hopes and prayers are with you and Rose Ann.
May you be given the strength,courage and faith to see this ordeal through.
Sincerely,Mark

skatermike24
05-10-2001, 06:40 AM
Our prayers go out to you and the family, Wish you the best

Sincerely
Skatermike24

T-REX
05-10-2001, 07:08 AM
My prayers go out to ya'll...don't give up hope!!! No matter how incurable the Doctors say it iz, they don't have the last word...I wuz supposed to be in a wheelchair @ the age of 20, but I'm knock'in 50, and still gitt'in around without that chair...not gracefully, but gitt'in there!! I know Rose will have painfull times and think she all by herself and wonder "why me", but with Ya'lls Love and keeping her faith will see her through these bad times...I wish her the best, GOD bless all of ya'll, T-REX

Scott
05-10-2001, 10:51 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to and for you in this time of need. Would appreciate a number or address for contributions.

Scott & Kathy
Scott.raby@grace.com
(410)354-8970

Scott 77Baha

thebone12
05-10-2001, 01:28 PM
You have my prayers, but all you really need is your faith in the Lord. You will see you through this. I promise!

TD
05-10-2001, 01:34 PM
I just read about Rose. May God show her mercy and miracles in the times to come. It will not be easy but it can happen. I will pray for her and God bless you and Chuck in this trying time.
Ron Zimmerman

Ron V
05-10-2001, 03:55 PM
My thoughts and prayers are also with Rose and her family during this obviously very trying time.