PDA

View Full Version : Cost Of This Stuff Is Nuts

SKATER241
04-30-2004, 11:14 AM
THIS STEREO STUFF IS NUTS!I AM DOING MY FIRST HIGH END STEREO IN MY SKATER.MULTIPLE AMPS,SUBS,ECT.I SPENT $260.00 LAST NIGHT ON WIRING,RCA CABLES,FUSES,ECT.THAT IS NUTS!
OH WELL I'LL INSTALL IT THIS WEEKEND SINCE THE WEATHER HERE IS AGAIN IN THE CRAPPER.I JUST HOPE IT SOUNDS GOOD WHEN DONE.I NEED TO BE ABLE TO HEAR IT OVER A PAIR OF SINGING 2.5'S

MirageSmack
05-01-2004, 02:21 PM
My buddy spent 4K on his Progression system. It sounds good in the cabin, but outside, it sounds a lot like the other cheaper systems do. He has a pair of big blocks. At least you saved money on installation!:D

SKATER241
05-03-2004, 10:44 AM
FIFTEEN HOURS AND ONE HELL OF A SORE BODY LATER IT IS IN AND SOUNDS AWESOME.TOTAL IN INSTALLATION MATERIALS $300.00 I NOW HAVE 1080 WATTS OF POWER AND CAN FEEL THE AIR RUSH FROM UNDER THE DECK WHEN CRANKED UP.I OUGHT TO BE ABLE TO HEAR THAT OVER TWIN 2.5'S

mouaclan
05-19-2004, 06:48 PM
may be a dumb question, but how do you guys run all that power w/o draining out your batteries? capacitors, bigger alternators? just wondering because I want to put a sub or two in my Charger, but i'm a little concerned w/ power usage and don't really want to be stranded in the middle of a lake (i will install backup battery in any case).

quickonstep
05-19-2004, 07:58 PM
skater i wish you would have said somthing earlier about the audio stuff... i used to own a mobile electronics shop, and did installs in all kinds of stuff, boats, pwc's, cars, trucks, blahblahblahblah.... and i have everything ya need and woulda just given it to ya..

If anyone needs anything, im just tryin to get rid of stuff thats piling up.

Jesse

SKATER241
05-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by mouaclan
may be a dumb question, but how do you guys run all that power w/o draining out your batteries? capacitors, bigger alternators? just wondering because I want to put a sub or two in my Charger, but i'm a little concerned w/ power usage and don't really want to be stranded in the middle of a lake (i will install backup battery in any case).

I USE A SEPERATE BATTERY FOR THE STEREO SYSTEM.I ALSO USE A SOLAR CHARGER ATTACHED TO THAT BATTERY SO IF I AM AT THE BEACH IT IS CHARGING WHILE BEING USED.I HATE THE WEIGHT OF HAVING AN EXTRA BUT DONT WANT TO GET STRANDED EITHER.

mouaclan
05-20-2004, 08:28 AM
solar charger? can you direct me to a website. and how many amps, etc.?

SKATER241
05-20-2004, 08:34 AM
NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR QUESTIONS.I MANAGE A BODY SHOP THAT DOES A LOT OF WORK FOR A VW DEALER.THE CARS ARRIVE AT THE DEALER WITH THESE CHARGERS AND THEY USUALLY GIVE THEM TO US WHEN ASKED.I DO BELIEVE THAT RADIO SHACK HAS THEM THOUGH OR TRY A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR SOLAR BATTERY CHARGERS.

mendo
05-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Northern tool has them too.

check their webpage.