PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Merc SportJet V6 motor and/or jet pump...

jrumon
04-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Still looking for a complete V6 Merc Sportjet 175, 200, 210, 240 HP...

I need a complete drop-in motor with or without the matching V6 jet pump (I'd prefere the whole matching deal of motor & pump if possible)... running or not!!!

Any wrecked boats out there or submerged salvage motors???

With the thousands and thousands of these things out there used in just about EVERY jet "bath-tub" made... SeaRay, SugarSand, Seadoo Boats...anyone know of a SALVAGE yards that deal in this type of stuff in the USA???

I may also buy any PARTS or PIECES for this V6 set-up...
Powerhead complete, or ANY sportjet spectic parts...
Jet pump...complete V6 175 up jet pump....

Contact Jim ASAP at:
jrumon@yahoo.com

arcticracer
05-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Contact Craig Compeau at Compeau's in Fairbanks, Alaska. Their website is http://www.compeaus.com/

They sold a lot of these things, but a word of warning, you can't give one away in these parts, the pump was notoriously unreliable. He might have a yard full of them.

jrumon
05-11-2004, 07:40 AM
I would like to try and find a complete ready to run drop-in V6 sportjet motor if possible... Jim.

arcticracer
05-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Gentlemen, my apologies about the Sportjet. I was getting it mixed up with the Turbojet, known in these parts as the "Turdbo-Jet".

I think the Sportjet is selling and performing real well on our challenging rivers, the Tanana is supposed to be the siltiest river anywhere, and the Sportjet is doing well.