Has anyone but me had a horrible time
with Dell regarding a return and proper
credit issue? Once I wade through all
the phone options, I get the same person
with no grasp of the English language.
This is more of her employer's fault than
her's I think, but I'm getting nowhere!
She tells me one thing and something
different gets credited on the statement.
The whole thing started with a bait and
switch on an order. 17" flat panel ordered
and 15" delivered. They shipped a 17 next
day and billed me but won't credit the full
amount for the returned (unopened) 15.
Thanks in advance, Steve

msc5195
04-24-2004, 10:45 AM
When I ordered my new dell I got the 19" monitor. The monitor made a terrible humming noise from the minute I plugged it in. I called Customer Service not tech support and they immediately shipped out a new monitor but I had to give a Credit Card # in case I failed to return the bad monitor. The replacement came overnight and Dell issued a call tag for the bad monitor. I did recieve a bill 3 days later that showed my CC had been charged. I was HOT! I called back to India. I mean Dell and Mrs Patel assured me that whenever they recieved the bad monitor then they would credit me back on my credit card. It took them about a week but they credited it back. Ask to speak with a manager. Did you order via the phone? If so call back and talk to the salesperson that ordered from. Did you pay with a credit card? If so tell them that you are gonna file a fraud complaint with your credit card company. Be blount tell them that you want to speak to an american who can speak english.

Good Luck!

Ray Neudecker
04-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Amazing that the people at the forefront of the computer world don't have a clue what service is. You don't seem to ever get anywhere with them without screaming first. Includes most major suppliers. They can't seem to get the message even though many are on a down hill slope as far as their customer base. AOL, AT&T, Charter Communications, MSN, Dell, ect. all are showing drastic losses that they try to offset by cutting service. Most of their earnings are being eaten up by interest expense at the lowest rates in history. It will be a bloody day for them when interest rates increase. I don't think I will miss any of them. They are all well known at the comsumer protection agencies and BBB's for their problems and many times refusal to even answer their complaints.

Steve Reist
04-24-2004, 05:09 PM
I agree and thanks for the help! The 17 also has
a warped base that they seem to care nothing
about though it was brought to their attention.
I run an auto repair business and my wife works
for an eye Dr. If we treated our customers like
that we'd be out of business/fired. Do these
clowns realize how many people we talk to in
a day's time! Good news travels fast; do a good
job and people will tell a few people about it.
Screw 'em and they'll tell everybody they know.
Regards, Steve