PDA

View Full Version : Safety is EZ!!!!!

JTS Racing
10-22-2001, 10:16 PM
If anyone is concerned if what they have is enough......how many of ya have ever skied???

If not....try it... and take a fall at 30 mph or so.....or better yet jus get yo friend ta drive and jump.....take in how that feels and triple it! Going out at 90+ ain't no fun...it outrite hurts. Take all the precaution you can. If you wear a helmet...use the GOOD restraints. A PFD with leg straps is a must. One of the so called 100mph vest without the straps will likely be ripped off. I know its a free country and few laws are mandated for high speed running...but whats yaz life worth??

Some spend mega bucks on rigs and for the price of a good prop you can add protection to yourself that hopefully you will never need.

Go as fast as you can......but do it safely!!

TWright
11-10-2001, 10:25 AM
Whether I'm doing 30 mph (Unlikely of course) or 120 I always wear my impact jacket and lanyard. I tend to not use a helmet unless racing so I'm more aware of the boats around me. But then again I'm in a cockpit too. Were going to try the skiing thing next year behing the 120. It should pull the skier right out of the water, he he he. With a power prop of course. Tom