PDA

View Full Version : Well, I guess they finally killed off the old boards

Raceman
05-07-2001, 04:55 PM
This morning it would let me post or reply. Now it won't. I'm sure sorry to see em go. I've never had any trouble getting on these or posting, I just plain out don't like em. It's hard as hell to see what you have and haven't read and I just can't see the advantage in the new format except for a few technical things that looks like nobody's using anyway. I realize that I'm in the minority on that opinion, but it seems like the old boards are what really got this site going and there are tons of places with this, or at least a very similar format that are basically dead in the water. Just my one cents worth.

Ray Neudecker
05-07-2001, 07:12 PM
I think it is great. Saves a lot of time if you use the search feature. More the greater number using it from the number of posts.

05-07-2001, 07:24 PM
Virus didnt want to have to change boards, but the old ones were getting so full of crap he had to. This one is easier for him to police. Most people dont know that he can get into trouble for what others say on his boards, just because he 'ownes' it.

Way2Fast
05-07-2001, 08:55 PM
My biggest grip with the new board is if you want to make a printout of one particular answer you can't. It prints out EVERYTHING everyone wrote on that subject. What a waste of time, paper and ink. I'm with Raceman, I'd take the old board over the new one anytime!

TD
05-07-2001, 09:44 PM
but what ya gonna do? The MAN done shut our other one down. I dont think this has any advantage over the other one and its a pain in the ass going from one forum to another. My 2 cents.
Ron

Balzy
05-07-2001, 10:48 PM
Just swipe what you want and then go to the print option under file rather than the print button on the top and choose "Print Selection" then you just get what you want..........

jimmyb
05-08-2001, 10:20 AM
the new board is WAY better...

active posts are at the top, there is a highlighted button showing me which forums have new posts, easy to email people, can post pictures, can do searches, fast... the list goes on...

I honestly dont know why we didnt switch to this board format years ago! :)

XBuddawg
05-08-2001, 09:59 PM
.... if ya don't like it... click da little x in da upper right hand corner, and carry yo ass outta here!....lol...

I sho like da way he mixes dem wurds.....

Later,
Buddy

espen
05-10-2001, 04:21 PM
Hi!
I did not like it in the beginning and it has some down sides that its difficoult to spot the new questions .
Maybe if we just had one forum?
What is nice is the possibility to read the whole tread without having to waiting for a slow modem to load for each answer.
And the pictures could be used more frecuently to describe
problems ,tuning tips!!!

Thanks

(spell check for dumb foreigners like myself would be nice!!!)