PDA

View Full Version : do we have any stereo dealers here

bulldogdaddy
04-07-2004, 09:10 PM
was just wondering before i go through someone else,always have had great dealings with everone here

SKATER241
04-08-2004, 09:11 AM
JUST A SUGGESTION IF NO-ONE ANSWERS YOU BACK.I AM CURRENTLY INSTALLING A SYSTEM IN MY SKATER.A COUPLE OF MY EMPLOYEES ARE STEREO FANATICS AND HAVE BEEN COACHING ME ON WHAT TO GET.I AM A TRUE BELIEVER IN E-BAY.I WENT ON TO E-BAY AND THEY COULD NOT GET OVER HOW INEXPENSIVELY I WAS ABLE TO GET WHAT I NEEDED.SHOP THE STEREO STORES AND GET AN IDEA OF WHAT YOU WANT AND THEN FIND IT ON E-BAY.HOPE THIS HELPS.
ANDY

bulldogdaddy
04-08-2004, 02:38 PM
thanks for the reply skater. have seen a few things on there but was hoping to find someone who deals with mb quart.
what ya puttin in the skater?

SKATER241
04-08-2004, 02:54 PM
LOTS OF CLARION AND SONY EQUIPMENT.TWO SUBS,THREE AMPS,AND FOUR SURROUND SPEAKERS.WANT TO BE ABLE TO HEAR IT WITH THE 2.5'S SINGING

Liqui-Fly
04-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Although it's a very good choice in speakers I don't think you'll be able to detect their perfection in a boat. Save your $$ and get a set of pioneers that you won't freak about when they get wet or kicked or paddled.

David

SKATER241
04-08-2004, 03:07 PM
ALL FRAGILE EQUIPMENT WILL BE LOCATED UP UNDER THE DECK AND IN THE CUSTOM MADE RECESSED SIDE PANELS WHERE THEY CANNOT COME IN CONTACT WITH ANYTHING.I THOUGHT OF ALL THAT WHEN I REDESIGNED THE INTERIOR.THE AMPS AND SUBS AND TWO OF THE FOUR SURROUND SPEAKERS ARE LOCATED UP UNDER THE CLOSED DECK WHERE YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE A MIDGET TO GET TO THEM.

Liqui-Fly
04-08-2004, 03:08 PM
I was talking about the MB quart speakers. Ther are 4 to 5 times more than standard speakers but won't sound that much better in a boat.

David

bulldogdaddy
04-08-2004, 04:23 PM
yea its too bad you can't listen to a boat system like you can a cars around.

speedyfast
04-09-2004, 03:29 PM
i am in the process of planning out a whole new stereo set up in my car and from the research i have been doing (mostly on my car forum) the best bets are ebay (look for ebaystores links as these are the dealers of brand new stuff at discount prices) or go to etronics.com they have head units ar cheap prices (cheapest ive found on the net)
i would have to agree with Fly however; you will not be able to get the maximum potential out of a good set of speakers when installing in your boat. I would look at clarion and pioneer marine speakers. and all i have to say about head units is stay very far away from any Sony product. they suck
good luck with the search

bulldogdaddy
04-09-2004, 08:09 PM
ok guys i had a killer kenwood system in my 80 firebird,any info on these?
also had a alpine(i know they dont have marine system wit 2 31 band audioe tronics eq's) with pyle driver speakers. anyone heard anything on these speakers?loved them imn the caddy?

GP-1
04-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Seriously, I doubt it'll make much difference what kind of stuff you put in your boat... as long as you have enough power..

ghost28
04-11-2004, 12:10 PM
spend more on better amps then on speakers ..personal experiench..i have a twin engine offshore boat and at 55 mph you can hear mine..amps are protected in cabin spent some loot on those..i have 8 6 1/2 inchers out back and they are all eclipse brand nothing special..i need to replace them every few years..nothing holds up over time..mine still sounds killer ..clarity is not an issue ..but if you cheap out on power at high volumes you will not hear the distotion but your speakers will feel it and will not last long..