PDA

View Full Version : New levels of restraint

Barney
05-07-2001, 01:32 PM
Well it appears the underground has done a turn around.

Barney has managed to keep his lens pointed at subject matter that may be viewed by all audiences, imagine that!

Virus has been so kind as to provide a link to Lake Havasu photos on the "What's New" section of the S&F Home page!

I will keep them PG rated.

Thanks again Virus!

[Edited by Barney on 05-07-2001 at 01:36 PM]

ScreaminSunbird
05-07-2001, 02:32 PM
Great pics. Sure is alot of skaters and other I/O's. Is it usually that crowded every weekend or was something special going on?? Looks like a great place to spend the weekend. Where are all the small go-fast boats???

Barney
05-07-2001, 03:23 PM
All the pictures are from Saturday May 5th. It was a bit of a special occasion, Cinco de Mayo and Eliminator Regatta.

Lots of Eliminators, they thought I was one too, I think that accounted for more of the BIG boats showing up, but this was not really a big crowd by Havasu standards. The big boats destroy the water for the rest of us and that may have kept the faster small ones out, kept me from boating on Sunday. Speed Alley was empty on Saturday. Copper Canyon was also empty. There are normally many fast boats looking for some action, including Mirage's STV's and such, Allisons are very rare here. Quite a few Stokers also.

In the weeks to come I will include sections on both the Speed Alley, Copper Canyon locations.

Speed Alley, actually there are now 2 areas to race, the original is very shallow 4-6 ft, limited to small fast boats, about a 1/2 mile long, standing starts. The other area is mostly large boats that don't yet know better and is over a mile long and made to put up your big numbers. Most take a nice running start here.

Copper Canyon is a secluded canyon for those not wanting the phyiscal contact of the sand bar. Boats just float or tie up and get naked on thier own crafts, I'll show you mine if you show me yours place, no contact, all deep water.

The Sand Bar makes it possible to walk around, with the boats with the larger stereo's attracting the crowds. It gets out of hand often, lots of open sexual activity taking place, they now close the sand bar on big weekends. The sand bar crowd inhabit Kokomo's at night, very nasty bunch indeed. God Bless America!

I have committed to keeping these links PG. My lens does tend to wander toward some other Havasu features, but I'll only make those available at a latter date via email only.

Enjoy, thanks again Virus!

Balzy
05-07-2001, 03:29 PM
The Three Amigos may have to look an UNUBTAINIUM mine at Lake Havasu some day. There seem to be traces of it there !!!!!!!!!

Barney
05-07-2001, 03:59 PM
I read the thread from BK regarding the Sensation Of Speed, Ken Warby and now the Three Amigos seem to be effected by this constant state of "Obtainium".

I wish to understand more about this state of "Obtainium" that has all of you in it's grasp.

Just so I would know if I were also infected by Obtainium, how might I be able to tell?

KaptainKirk
05-07-2001, 04:08 PM
Hey Balz ya gotta go ta Barneys neverneverland!!
Its unreal!!

Ken Warby
05-07-2001, 05:55 PM
AH!!!
The search for UNOBTAINIUM knows no boundaries...
Like gold , it is where you find it.
True AMIGOS will go to the ends of the earth to find
it....even to Havasu if need be, true adventurers to the end.
They seek it here...they seek it there ...why HELL...they seek it EVERYWHERE!!!!!
A dedicated band of swashbuckling ,take no prisoner (but they will take a "BOX-o-BEER),hard driving and occasionally fast, hard core boaters.
Always ready to meet any challenge..
Havasu.... watch out , they will probably be in your neighborhood soon!!!!!!
I may go first , just to make sure I get MY share of UNOBTAINIUM,if it is really there.
Because I think they could get greedy with that stuff!!!

Barney
05-07-2001, 06:52 PM
Then it is just a question of when you are not.

Ken Warby
05-08-2001, 05:23 AM
Obtainium is what Unobtainium becomes after you find it !!!!

thumper
05-08-2001, 06:57 AM
Methinks there's a bit of a poet in ya???
I have always noticed that unobtanium is where you find it. It is more rare than gold and the pursuit of it will most assuredly ruin your life or at least your wallet. I think you said it best once, if it flies...........
Barney, if you could send what you're not willing to publish to thumper@flashmail.com I'll let you in on what unobtanium is as long as you swear to never let the knowledge fall in to enemy or BK's :D hands or if you do, commit suicide before they get their hands on it? Whaddaya tink??

Barney
05-08-2001, 11:46 AM
I'm checking into some cloaking software also, that way when I hit the water even BK won't hear me because I will NOT make a splash :D not even a ripple! I love these covert opts.

I have begun sending some recon photos to Amigo, codename thumper, it appears his email is not large enough to hold the survellance video :eek: I sent, it was returned nondeliverable. Awaiting instructions, over.

Balzy
05-08-2001, 12:47 PM
Mbalz@charter.net and I will get them to him. Humper Dumper ain't enough smart enough to drive a Merc. How do you expect him to figure out a real Inbox ??????

ScreaminSunbird
05-08-2001, 02:09 PM
I am not scared of trying to see UNOBTAINIUM. Send the photos and videos. Mike.atkinson@rich.frb.org

Rickracer
05-08-2001, 02:22 PM
I hope ya know the addy, :-)

Barney
05-08-2001, 03:46 PM
Should I continue to hold? Look for new subject?

Take another core sample and transport to Amigo Headquarters?

Ship entire specimen?

Waiting instructions, over.
:D

Balzy
05-08-2001, 05:37 PM
you figured it out. That is a video of UNUBTAINUM if I ever saw one. Was that run made at Havasau? Too bad Humper Dumper doesn't have an Inbox big enough to handle it. He'll just have to come over here and remind himself what UNUBTAINIUM looks like. BTW, nice run TD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Warby
05-08-2001, 05:53 PM
I need to check that video out to make SURE that it is USDA approved !!!!!!!!
warbyinc@one.net
I sometimes just have to cast a critical eye on things like that....Purely in the interest of science,of course..
Shape , design , aerodynamic structure, are most important and MUST be studied in minute detail.
Gosh....the things I have to do for the benifit of mankind.

Barney
05-08-2001, 07:21 PM
You need a bigger mailbox.

I'll send a couple stills to see if that might help!

Purely in the interest of science. :)

[Edited by Barney on 05-08-2001 at 07:25 PM]

SleeveA
05-08-2001, 07:55 PM
Barney, UNUBTAINUM in Havasu??? The Amigo's have been to the far ends of the earth in search of the very sought after UNUBTAINUM, trying so very hard to make it UBTAINUM!!
If you have video of UNUBTAINUM from the Havasu area it would be greatly appreciated if you would send me the Video to be sure before we send out the troops. Can never be too sure, ya know. Lrainey1@prodigy.net (large files there)
Thanks for the photos on S&F they look great!!

[Edited by SteveA on 05-08-2001 at 08:10 PM]

Ken Warby
05-08-2001, 08:26 PM
Yes....the pics look very promising,Barney ,but a real scientist,like myself, would normally have to examine the item personally.
I am sure a visit to the discovery site would be rather more helpfull.....Computors can do many things and I would just like to be sure they were not computor generated!!!!!
I don't want my fellow(OUTBOARD)Amigos to get too excited if they are FAKE.
The Amigos are under high stress at all times and they could not face the mental anguish,if it was not true,100%,USDA approved.
It would break their poor hearts !!!!

05-08-2001, 09:00 PM
the unobtainium, you must save some for Dr. Wicky to examine the first weekend in Oct.!! Right now a double double is UNOBTAINIUM!!! Got the 30 to hit the limiter today @4000 ft. Wahoo!!!!
Time for a phone call,
Wicky

Barney
05-09-2001, 08:07 AM
to seek the answer, first hand :eek:, to the question,

Are they real?

My purpose is now clear, I will not let you down Amigos!

I will check them all personally! :D

Always keeping open the opportunity to learn, any advice from The Fastest Man on most surfaces ?

Keeping in mind, Dr. Wicky suggested I take two and call in the morning!:D Double Double, Animal Style!

[Edited by Barney on 05-09-2001 at 08:16 AM]

BK
05-09-2001, 09:29 AM
I've got eyes in the sky --

Friends watching for a bright green glow and to report back to me on Barney's experiences with UNOBTAINIUM. Maybe I'll now find out what that really is! :D

Don't look up! ~

http://www.homestead.com/threedunes13/ultralight.html

Barney
05-09-2001, 10:16 AM
Oh ****, now where will I hide.

Everything was cool as I came up over the front, could not hear anything, hull was quiet. Then as I approached the rear, I must have cracked under the stress and made a splash in the water, busted! :eek:

Very clever with those eyes from above BK, rest asurred I'll do everything I can to get back under the covers, and yes, it will be by design! :D

Barney
05-10-2001, 12:02 AM
Just finished packing the trucks, heading for Havasu.

Amigos, Ken, I'm on it in the worst way!

PG, I know Virus, See yall next week!

Until then please remember that...

Barney
05-14-2001, 02:06 AM
Well, just back from another 4 days of exploring the far reaches and cavaties :D at Lake Havasu. I was able to secure a few samples and they have been dispatched to the proper authorities, still awaiting word on the quality of samples aquired, samples may have been to young,:eek:,if that's possible!

I will find the source!

Balzy
05-14-2001, 07:27 AM
and have forwarded them to Amigo headquarters in MN. Waiting for opinions from there. My opinion is that you are on the right track and more exploration would be worth while. Keeps sending samples as you dig em up.

SleeveA
05-14-2001, 08:10 AM
OH-boy!!!! The quality of samples aquired is up to the Amigo standards. Please forward all proofs to the Amigo headquarters for further investigation.

Ken Warby
05-14-2001, 09:44 AM
Barney,
The samples definitely have potential!!!
However,I do believe that a personal,in depth examination, of all samples, should be carried by a fully qualified Amigo,at the discovery location.
A field trip is the only way to fully test for Amigo certification,but in the mean time ,keep sending samples,as I know Balzy (who has massive file capacity)would be most happy to keep them all properly recorded in the Amigo archives.
:) :) :D :D :rolleyes:

05-14-2001, 05:32 PM
handling these samples like they were just laboratory rats.
Do you realize that the samples could actually be toxic or perhaps have a narcotic effect on one's brain. C'mon guys, are you forgetting about the chance of getting a virus from one of these samples. Yes, I know Barney has a very keen eye for collecting samples of the unobtanium but, I want to see his license to actually handle and distribute these samples of the highly delicate unobtanium. Didn't Nirvana have a song called Unobtanium?
Wicky

Barney
05-15-2001, 11:59 AM
Yes a special handleing permit has been issued by "The Three Amigo's handling supervisor, Ken Warby" I have forwarded video proving my capacitiy to identify, capture and tag said samples of unobtanium.

Any grievance would have to be taken up with Amigo Headquarters, until they issue a stop order, I must continue my mission. Once enough unobtanium has been secured, I will transport it to Amigo Headquarters in time for the Pre-Firewater celebration!

Orders are orders after all!

We now have an eye in the sky helping locate new samples, right BK, just waiting for her to send some personally referred subjects over! We know she has been in contact here in the SW, will she release the locations of her contacts? Time will tell!

You can trust the ole Barn, send those samples over BK! It is still tag and release according to The Amigos! No harm will come to them!

BK
05-15-2001, 07:53 PM
I'm normally a pretty good 'scout', but my "Eyes in the Sky" have not reported to me anything unusual in the vicinity of Copper Canyon or "The Sandbar".

So, using my Net prowess, I hooked up those search phrases in my handy-dandy Google box, and to my surprise! What a results list I got!!!!

However --- my "Net Nanny" fuses blew just as I was about to open one that seemed to be relating to Jazz music along the Colorado River, called http://www.riversax.com. I clicked and my computer immediately shut down and now my browser is in disrepair!!!

As soon as it comes up, I'll continue my quest for "UNOBTAINIUM". Til then -- hold those samples in a safe place. :D

BK

Barney
05-21-2001, 06:25 PM
Unobtainium, oh yes, Bk and myself engaging in meaningful dialog, thanks BK, PG ratings on my pictures, updated with a Mirage in the Channel section!, image capabilities, thanks Virus, now I'm shy though, what a great world we live in!

To those that have recieved invitations and declined, HAHAHAHAHA, hehehe, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, sorry.

To those that have yet to confirm, do not miss this!
You do not want to miss this, confirm while there is time. Even though I think I'm moving! :D

We do have some updated weekend pictures too!

Barney
05-22-2001, 04:59 PM
I have lived so close for many years, but this truely is the first real taste of Havasu I have experienced.

Are there other fresh water boating spots that display this concentration of BIG bad-ass boats? This southern CA group all think their 75mph boats are really fast, they all want to test, more fun than you can imagine. Girls do go crazy, if you have a chance you don't wanna miss this one.

AZH, please stop the plug talk and bring yo ass to Havasu!
Bring your Ducky so we can terrorize as a pack! Stop the talk, it's a call to action. Trust me, your whole life will make sense again. You are a couple hours away, stop it now, bring it to Havasu, I have a whole shop set up there, great lights for plug viewing!

UT, TD, Delta, Vishus, Dewey, come on gentleman, Propster's coming from Seattle....

Virus, Mark .....!!!!! :D

Ken Warby, The Amigos, BK and Brad as soon as the next samples are in, you might want to check flights now, but in the interest of science I'll forward the samples on, then you decide.....

Dr. and Nurse Wicky, TAZ, I'll call ya now, see ya soon!

So Havsuuwweeet.

[Edited by Barney on 05-22-2001 at 05:02 PM]

thumper
05-23-2001, 04:23 PM
My son. Do you realize what you're doing?
You're almost forcing the Amigos to band and go to Havasu to conduct a first hand investigation :eek: .
Do you relize what this would mean? None of those Southern Cal boaters would ever be the same again, not to mention that the unobtanium supply would go down considerably (forgive the pun :p )
Well, as long as you're there you have our blessing to continue your research as long as catch and release is stricly observed at all times, orders are orders!
By the way, I think I'm being left out. I can recieve files up to 700k k?
We're going to have to convene a board meeting real soon to discuss this inability to pass on info!!

Barney
05-23-2001, 09:44 PM
1. Oh-oh that one right there will be next!

2. Hey Balzy, swing that one around and let me smack that ass.

3. We'll race for your girls!

4. Are you sure your 18?

5. Uno mas cervesa por-favor!

6. Damn it Ken, how come your always first!

7. Is that a red tatoo?,:eek:, or Ken Warby's hand print?

8. Next time get five gallons of that KY jelly!

9. Don't answer that phone.

10. Tell her I left already!

These ten statements should be all you need! Get ready!

Just a little note, I'm posting from "The Internet Cafe" in Havasu, the only email I'll be checking is barney@boatracer.com.
The cafe does NOT have my pic software yet.

[Edited by Barney on 05-23-2001 at 09:50 PM]

05-23-2001, 10:17 PM
How can you stand that Hell hole!!
ohsoirie,
wicky

Balzy
05-24-2001, 07:33 AM
#5 should read:

Uno mas granda cervesa por-favor!

Barney
05-27-2001, 05:10 AM
Something like fools gold!

Or feels old!

Or smell mold!

Or could never be sold!

I need clear head! :D Tag and release. Your gonna love this weeks samples! Shot some interesting video!!!

Scott
05-29-2001, 08:48 PM
I know I'm just an Amigo "wannabe" but maybe ya could e-mail samples so I can see what I'm Missin?

Scott.raby@grace.com