PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Mustang GT-R. THIS is just VERY cool.

Scream And Fly
04-06-2004, 01:48 AM
One of the coolest looking cars I've seen in a long time...

Scream And Fly
04-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Another...

Scream And Fly
04-06-2004, 01:49 AM
This almost makes me want to buy a Mustang... Almost ;)

mendo
04-06-2004, 01:57 AM
Too bad it is a ford. I got shafted once by them. I am kind of a Dodge man myself. Well, that is why they make so many different kinds of cars. It's not a contest, it is a choice. I like the workmanship in this ride, kind of like your boat Greg, looks good, and clean, and seldom used.:eek:

At least you go out on your boat, one of your boats. like me, I always make sure that at least one of them runs.

Still waiting for the intense pic's of your Mota, You did a great job on it.

Later,

CDave
04-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Scream And Fly
This almost makes me want to buy a Mustang... Almost ;)

Keep your chin up Greg. Maybe one day you'll be able to handle the power of a Ford. :D

WARLOCK
04-08-2004, 08:52 AM
I've never really been a Mustang fan, but If they really come out with this thing, I might have to change my mind. The car in the picture is pretty trick, but lets see how it changes by next year. Later, Dave

chynewalkr
04-08-2004, 04:33 PM
i used to live, eat, and breath GM until the day i drove a 5.0 mustang. I never would have thought i would end up buying one.

Raceman
04-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Like I said in another thread, it's a damn shame that GM kept bumpin' the price on the Camaro/Firebird until it wasn't competitive with the Mustang, then killed it because of lack of market share. Too many damn liberals without a clue in the front office I guess.:confused: :mad:

Anyhow, the new Mustang does look cool. I've never been a Ford guy (except there are a few old pieces I'd like to have) but right now, in the sporty/high perf market I think Ford has GM beat. I even like the new F150 truck better than the last several years Chevy truck with that butt ugly Avalanch front sheet metal. The GMC is still the best lookin' in my opinion though.

Scream And Fly
04-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Norris,

I agree on all points. It really is too bad. I like the GTO idea though.

This is my next car. The local dealer is getting them in this June.

Greg

David_L6
04-08-2004, 08:08 PM
and only 3 cars (gotta have a pick-up), but I'd like to have one of those Mustangs! (I like the new Vette too.)

1BadAction
04-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by chynewalkr
i used to live, eat, and breath GM until the day i drove a 5.0 mustang. I never would have thought i would end up buying one.

What? what was your last camaro, a 1983 with a 175hp 305?

stock for stock, the LT1 and LS1 and to a lesser extent, certain TPI camaros, will make a 5.0/4.6 driver sick to his stomach. a standard 04 gt only has 260 crank horsepower. :rolleyes: there is a auto tranny 03 in town here that has a 125 shot of nitrous, and i have made him cry on several occasions from a 45mph roll. from a stop to 45 he will get me by a car length, but thats mainly due to him having 11" wide pirellis in the back and my eagles being close to worn out.

I have a little something up my sleeve now tho, a 485+ RWHP cam/intake/ported head package in my garage for my WS6. lol, and it cost me less than $2,500 for the whole deal. :D

IMHO that gtr is awesome looking except for that rice-like rear wing that looks like it belongs on a pikes peak racecar.

jim

CDave
04-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Ford has been run by bean counter until Bill Ford took charge.

I use to have alot of fun with those ram airs and 5.7 Camaros when I had my weak little 5.0