PDA

View Full Version : Cloth seats and "cloth seats"

Techno
03-29-2004, 06:36 PM
2 in 1
An idea I got while glassing the seats was to paint the back to mimic cloth. Since they were going to be done in cloth.

Well the idea was great but the execution wasn't. Drips, nibs, wet areas and even a few dog hairs.
You don't see this stuff for real until it gets some paint on it. This idea is best with very dry cloth. You want "print through":eek:

I can always cover the backs with cloth in several months or years:mad:

Any way- cleaned it with cleaner, adhesion promoter, orion silver base, Kandy red. And finaly cleared.

The sun saw the camera and hid so the paint is kind of dead. This is a relatively good view of the idea.

Techno
03-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Looks pretty much like cloth

Techno
03-29-2004, 06:45 PM
I don't know what I was focusing on since everything exept the subject is in focus!
The seat back gets glued on. Thats why the seat had to be painted to finish this thing.
I figure the cloth to be much more comfy in direct sunlight than vinyl. Yes it is outdoor fabric. Overkill was sewing with kevlar thread. Make a mistake and you suffer since not much cuts kevlar.
I could have paneled and tuck rolled colored and decided to go simple and monolithic. Besides its less work and is less likely to screw it up.:D
I won't say how many times I had to rip out kevlar stitches.:rolleyes: