PDA

View Full Version : ODBA/Mercury

W. Tripp
03-23-2004, 08:13 PM
“The Outboard Drag Boat Association has teamed up with Mercury Marine to include the ‘Mercury Marine Triple Crown Racing Series’. This will be a series of three races within the ODBA’s 2004 racing schedule, where racers in each of five classes will compete for points awarded by their finishing position. At the final ‘Triple Crown’ event, the racer in each of these classes with the highest cumulative points will be awarded the ‘Mercury Marine Triple Crown’ and contingency prizes.
The three events selected to be part of the Mercury Marine Triple Crown Racing Series are Winchester, TN; Sneads, FL; and Jasper, TN. At each of these events, Mercury Marine will be present, and their racing support trailer will be on site selling parts and engines to racers as well as Mercury Racing apparel and gear to spectators.
The ODBA is proud to have Mercury Marine on board to sponsor this series and promote the sport on a larger scale than ever before. Mercury’s long history in boat racing adds greatly to the Outboard Drag Boat Association’s efforts to promote the growing sport of outboard drag boat racing on a national level. The ODBA is looking forward to working with Mercury Marine well into the future.”

EFI25
03-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Wayne, congradulations on getting Mercury back into the mix. I'm sure that this just didn't happen by itself and someone had to spend a good bit of time and effort to bring this about.

Balzy
03-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Good to see that happen again. It will be nice to see the Merc trailer and crew at Jasper !!!!!!!!!

W. Tripp
03-24-2004, 11:49 AM
A closer association with Mercury Marine is something we have been working on for a while. I think this will be good for the sport and for the spectators. Mercury is very excited to be involved in drag boat racing this year. I know we can all benefit from this as racer, sponsor, and spectator alike.

Darrin Baxter
03-25-2004, 10:17 AM
Wayne thats good news. This will be good for everyone. See ya in Mississippi.

Darrin

W. Tripp
03-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks, Paul Freeman has been working hard on this as well as other issues. I'm looking forward to seeing you and the family in Meridian.

Are you planning on going to Eustis?

Darrin Baxter
03-25-2004, 12:26 PM
Wayne No Im not going to Eustis but I will be going to the DSRA race next weekend. Im probably going to get my butt handed to me on a plate...lol

Darrin

KMA1/4master
03-27-2004, 11:18 PM
did'nt know the dsra still existed where can i get a copy of the rules?

W. Tripp
03-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Go to www.dsraonline.com and in the upper left hand corner hit the button marked "class rules".

Or just go here:

http://www.dsraonline.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=8&menu=5

I hope this helps,