PDA

View Full Version : I spent the day yesterday with 2 strippers

Raceman
03-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Pictures were taken. It was a full blown threesome. Some surprises were uncovered, but overall it was excellent. I'll be posting some naked pictures tomorrow. I hope the moderators are on vacation.

rmh77
03-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Dont hold back on us now!:D

WATERWINGS
03-23-2004, 12:40 PM
so, three of ya'll were stripping some old paint off of a boat?

and found another color underneth?:D

GP-1
03-23-2004, 04:46 PM
I knew it... Conservatives like you are a bomb waiting to go off:D I can't wait for the evidence.......

:D :D :D :D :D

us1
03-23-2004, 06:20 PM
As long as your not naked I'll be back to check it out.:D

PARKER RABE
05-26-2004, 07:24 AM
**** NORRIS, LETS SEE THEM , IF U POST SOME ......I WILL!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :o

mr.clean
05-26-2004, 09:59 AM
what was his name?

NPK2003
05-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Well here's an oximoron for yeah! Raceman, if you are with a couple of strippers, then you bought some new toy to renew and a couple of buddies are dipping the body or bead blasting. Heck, you're almost as ancient as I am!

Nick Kaye:cool: :D

msc5195
06-02-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Raceman
Pictures were taken. It was a full blown threesome. Some surprises were uncovered, but overall it was excellent. I'll be posting some naked pictures tomorrow. I hope the moderators are on vacation.

Looks like he is back in hiding.

V8astrovan
06-10-2004, 11:00 AM
he posted in march n still hasnt put pix yet

stokernick
06-10-2004, 07:38 PM
me thinks he means stripers (bass) just don`t know how to spell!!!!!!

Raceman
06-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Well, the pictures didn't turn out as good as I hoped, but here's the first one: That's peeling paint behind the emblem, not rust.

Raceman
06-10-2004, 07:48 PM
This was an original paint car, except for the left front fender, and was much nicer when we got it naked than I expected. No rust anywhere except under the bottom trim on the front windshield, and no damage.

Damn.......... says file too big. I'll have to work on em and post em later.

shadowman
06-10-2004, 08:02 PM
And buy the way.... My daddy used to have one of Dem.

Raceman
06-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Got em shrunk

Raceman
06-10-2004, 08:40 PM
another view

Raceman
06-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Since the original paint looked like hell, I was really surprised how perfect all the sheet metal was underneath when it was washed clean

Raceman
06-10-2004, 08:46 PM
I particularly like the sedan (post) stuff in the old muscle cars. In the first place I think they're stronger and it kinda adds to the stripped down econo body with big motor personality. This one is also a bench seat/4 speed car which was somewhat unusual in a 442, but not a combination I care for. It's probably gonna get converted to a bucket seat/console combination. My LS6 Chevelle is a bench seat/4 speed also, but I've got too much original documentation on it to change it.

shadowman
06-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Keep the PICS. commin:) .

tripledude
06-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Quite a body. It's nice with a start like that. For northern cars, half the resto is spent on rust repair and prevention. You never know what's under the paint when you buy a car up here. Fortunately, my GTO was winter stored (and then some) since brand new. Was hardly even out in the rain, even when it was a "driver." Are you going back to the pale yellow??? You are right that it's rare due to bench seat. The 442 was always a plusher muscle car, especially in the early 70's.

Raceman
06-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I'm goin' back with the original color. I've got both original/resto stuff and clone/hotrod type stuff. I wouldn't ever change the color on an original car, but in my mind the clone stuff is amost like a blank canvas for an artist to paint on, so there aren't any limits. Unfortunately, I've gotten where I lean more toward the non originals because it's more fun to build em when there's room for personal expression.

tripledude
06-14-2004, 06:03 PM
That's a big advantage about buying a non-original car. Ya don't have to worry about it anymore. The pale yellow was a decent color. Gotta have redlines to set it off though. I think that's the way it was shown in the ads back then. Sionce my GTO was new, I've seen it with just about every type of tire--whitewalls, blackwalls, raised letters. The redlines just seem to set it off. Of course, the younger crowd wonder,"What's with the redwalls?"

Raceman
06-14-2004, 07:34 PM
I've already got 5 Coker/Firestone redline repops on the shelf for it. I agree, nothin' else would look the same with the yellow color. I also put em on the silver blue 65 GTO convertible that came back from the paint shop late last year. I think I posted a picture of it here somewhere.

tripledude
06-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Tire/wheel combo was a difficult choice for me. 17's?? Polished Americans??? I just took the easy way out. Already had the 14 inch rally wheels detailed and didn't wanna mess with offsets. The disc brakes GTO's had a special wheel. Ended up going with Diamondback for tires. The radials made a huge improvement over the old redline bias ply tires. Diamondback does some neat stuff. They can make a redline out of almost any tire, including drag radials. They can also wipe a tire clean of ALL sidewall lettering and impregnate a shine.

Raceman
06-16-2004, 09:52 AM
I put a set of 17 X 11's and 17 X 7's on my 55 with 335 35 17's on the rear, and now some of my buddies are givin' me crap about makin' it look like a rice rocket. I do wish I could find something with a little more sidewall height, because at 25 inches they do look a little small in the wheel opening, but after an extensive internet search, the only size available from any manufacturer in 17 with decent height is a 275 50 17 and the massive width of the 335's is gone. There is one sporttruck tire made by BFG (but now discontinued) that is a 335 or 345 50 17, but it's 31 inches tall and looks too Pro Street for my taste.

As far as the 442, it's gonna be F70 X 14 redlines on the factory wheels.

tripledude
06-16-2004, 01:29 PM
That oughta look pretty good. Like your newest purchase also. The right color. The right motor. Is there a neat story on how you came across it?? Almost looks like something from carsinbarns.com.

Raceman
06-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Which car are you talkin' about? The nova from last week was an E Bay find, only about 80 miles away that I almost didn't go look at because I thought the condition claims were exagerated. (40K miles and original paint that looked like it was just done) The claims were accurate and it was almost too good to be true.

sms
06-17-2004, 07:29 AM
Did you say Nova? What's the scoop?

dotz
07-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Sweet I love them old cars. My classic was a 69 El Camino SS396. Got the car when I was 15. A couple of buddys had some neat rides as well. 69 GTO, 68 442, 70 Nova. Don't see young kids with the classics anymore. I think it is a same. I am 25 and calling people young? Nothing like the sound of v-8 and open headers. Best of luck with the resto.

Raceman
07-29-2004, 08:06 PM
SMS, I guess I've gotta subscribe to these threads to stay caught up. I ain't sure which Nova the question is directed at, so here's the brief summary. I've had a 67 body with an early style Alston front clip for several years. It's real straight and non rusty and it's gettin a big block. I've also had a 63 body for a couple of years and it's been in a backyard paint shop since I bought it. I went and looked yesterday and wasn't happy with what I saw. The guy called and said he was fixing to paint it and I wanted to inspect it in primer. The quality just wasn't gonna be what I expect in my cars and he hit me up to sell it to a friend of his who wants to build a drag car, so I let him have it this morning. The third is a 68 showing real low miles and having original paint. It was an E bay find and it's a 6 cyl powerglide now, but it's gettin a big block/muncie. There was a new old stock L88 shortblock on E bay last week and I slept through it. It would've been perfect and I'm gonna look for another one or build one just like it.

Dotz, I have a 70 SS El Camino also, that's a factory LS6 with THE original motor and tons of documentation. It's back from a couple of years at the paint shop and just needs some re assembly now. It's one of my favorite cars now.

dotz
08-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Raceman It must be nice to be surround with all that speed. Boats, cars do you own anything slow???? They all sound nice and the L 88 would be an awsome build. YOur El Camino sounds sweet I wish I still had mine. I looking for a 55 Belair. That has always been my dream car.