PDA

View Full Version : Killer New Jet Boats...made In Michigan!!!

jrumon
03-20-2004, 10:39 PM
I was just at a boat show in Novi, Mi. and was floored by two beautiful custom jet boats with all the trick California Annodized hardware, set-back jet, killer gel-coat graphics, and one of the best uphostery jobs I've seam in a long time....Totally 1st class in all respects... nice Big Block Chevy with Chrome Over the transoms too...does that bring back memories!!! Watch out west coast builders...this may start a new Jet revolution in the Great Lakes area! Jim.

>>>Steven Murillo 734-973-2321<<<

clydecleinmark
03-23-2004, 07:25 PM
But I'll bet they're not as pretty as an Advantage. :D Did you ever find a boat?? Mine's Still in the garage untouched since we last talked. Over this past weekend, I was LOOKING at all the things I wanted to get done over the winter. LOOKING has become a habit. The weather is getting pretty good here and will trailer the rig over to some local upholsterers for some costs. Hopefully, after I drop it off, they won't also LOOK at it for a few months.

jrumon
03-23-2004, 08:06 PM
I hear you on the winter "work time" slipping by...DAM!!! Anyway, I haven't found the "family" boat yet.... still looking and fear gas being $2.50 this summer...$3.00 at marina! Might put a pinch on a jet but I haven't ruled yours out. I would really want something ALL DONE...turn key if possible. Keep me posted on whats happening, and I still need to get an address to send your photos back (sorry). Send me a direct e-mail with info. I want to stop by and see it on my next trip to Iowa. Thanks, Jim.
jrumon@yahoo.com

clydecleinmark
03-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Jim, That Checkmate you're selling looks like it would fit all your needs?? The weather looks to be good this weekend, so I might get the Advantage out of the garage. It really jammed me up for workspace over the winter (Excuse). The driveway has also filled up with the recent purchase of an enclosed trailer. Unsure of whether or not the upholstery shop will need the whole boat to replace missing cushion and recover the engine cover. Would be nice to get free, out of my hair storage for a couple of weeks. Keep in touch. Clyde

jrumon
03-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Well...I sold my Warlock offshore last fall, sold the hydrostream without motor, sold the motor, and now selling the Checkmate too. Soon, I will be down to only my 1947 Chris Craft and have a deal pending on a go-fast project...still looking for a 20+ft FAMILY boat... I like the idea of a jet, but worry about the low freeboard if we get caught in bad weather out on Lake Huron... Jim.

clydecleinmark
03-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Jim, You'll more than likely run into the same problem with ALL jetboats. The one exception I recall was when I was looking for one five years ago. A marina had a Taylor jet and I, of course had visions of a typical low profile. When I got there, I walked right past it. Turned out to be a deep v hull, about what you'd expect from SeaRay or even Bayliner. You need one of those old Sleekcraft style daycruisers with cuddy. Still see them occasionally for sale. I looked at a smallblock version years ago that had a blower. Did a whopping 65. My parents live down in midstate Illinois. I don't know how it happens but they get a boat trader down there that includes Minnesota. Lots of nice boats for sale up there.

jrumon
03-24-2004, 01:46 PM
but some of those are PIGS...55MPH if your lucky. I love the new Ultra and Advantage 22 footers...deeper, awesome interior layout and dash... but SPENDY!!! I called and priced out one with a 502...$55000 for 65MPH maybe... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

bulldogdaddy
03-24-2004, 05:27 PM
so wheres the pics of this new jet? don't keep us hanging!
my boat was a brainstorm froma kid at the manufacturer that told the boss"wonder what an outboard would do on this"lol

bulldogdaddy
03-24-2004, 05:29 PM
heres an original

bulldogdaddy
03-24-2004, 05:32 PM
can i e-mail this pic to someone to downsize it please:mad:

jrumon
03-24-2004, 11:46 PM
jrumon@yahoo.com

P.S. I will also copy the lit page and post it on these new jets... Very nicely done boats... hope they get some attention!!! I should rep for this company!!! Jim.

jrumon
03-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Here's photo of billdogdaddy's jet boat gone outboard... I just shrank the photo size & cropped it (scream & fly limits size to 800x800)... Here it is...

bulldogdaddy
03-26-2004, 04:10 PM
oh believe me thats not mime,lol.just like the 1 i had when i was young
my new 1 has a 2.7 omc,the old one pused 63 with a 140
charlie m said dont worry well make her fast
just loved this boat when i was a kis,they're tanks

JW
01-03-2007, 08:05 PM
This is all my search turned up? LOLOL! I just started checking out Bamco this week. They've got a few boats in stock, and I'm only a couple hours away. Am planning a road trip over to Whitmore lake to check them out, but before I do I wanna know if anyone's got good or bad experience with these boats.

http://www.bamcojetboats.com/the_mirage.htm

Might be a fun little 18' run-around boat for my small lake. Make some noise, get beat by a few bassers.

Fulltilt
01-04-2007, 04:35 PM
BullDog Daddy
My first fullsize performance boat was a Python made in Romulus, MI. It was a jet hull made at the factory into an outboard for a boat show. I had an inline 150 and it would run about just over 60mph. Wish I still had it. Girls used to ask me for rides in it, all the time. Course I was single, young and good look'n back then!:D

pyro
01-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow, I didn't even realize that shop was there. I thought the Whitmore Lanes bowling alley & lounge and the flower shop were the only businesses in Whitmore. Main St, the little "main drag." It's about a half-hour from where I work in Ann Arbor.

Trying to figure out where the gallery photos were taken. Doesn't look like Whitmore. Maybe Zukey or Portage?

Cobra1racer
01-04-2007, 08:31 PM
I worked for Advantage years ago. WOW 55k for a jet boat? Heck when I built them I was buying pump and motor for $3,500.00 deliverd to my door,1k for tandem custom trailer,1,500.00 for interior 2k to build hull + rigging. What the stink are they putting in them to make them worth 55k, thats nuts!

boaterhead
01-05-2007, 10:58 AM
JW... these boats are 100% top shelf!!!! I have looked at SIX of them over the past couple of years at the Novi Expo center boat show, and every one of them is absolutely incredible!!! The fit & finish, the rigging, the power-train, the interior, the trailer, etc. I would easily say they are at par with the best of the west-coast customs! The owner has offered rides but I haven't taken him up on it just because I can't have a low-profile boat like that because of where I use them (Lake Huron - saginaw bay)... plus, one ride and I'd be whippin' out the check book again on another toy! They are only about 35 minutes away from my house... but I have not toured his building. Call them and see if they'll have any boats at the new Rock Financial Showplace (replaced the novi expo center just down the road in Novi). JIM
P.S. maybe a JW, PYRO, JRUMON saturday lunch and tour is needed (I need a fiberglass fix)

PYRO... your 'Stream is looking sweet!!! I sure miss my Vegas XT / 2.4BP combo! I saw 94-95mph before I got that "going to kite it" feeling so I backed off. I also had NOS nitrous system on it but never had the nuts to actually try it... now that I have my "family needs" covered (a 26' cat deck boat), I need to find another budget go-fast for a cheap thrill... (or at least a few rides from you fellow boater-buds occasionally)??? JIM

Cobra1racer... WOW!!! seriously what decade was that... 1970's???
"when I built them I was buying pump and motor for $3,500.00 deliverd to my door,1k for tandem custom trailer, $1,500.00 for interior, $2,000 to build hull + rigging"... ???
OK>>> I recently priced a 502efi Jet-Pack combo ($21,000+shipping), a REAL custom designed and fitted power-coated tandom trailer with billet mags, chrome fenders, etc. ($5000+), a sweet McCloud custom interior ($4,000), and what about the cost of ALL top-shelf billet anodized rigging, the hull materials, gel coat, and absolutely stunning killer graphics...???
I'd say they easily have $40K in just materials in these boats... so $15K is nothing considering the time, labor, and overhead!!! I just wish he'd do some BIGGER models! Seriously, being an ex-builder, you really need to SEE them to appreciate them!!!

JW
01-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Jim, did you get a price from these guys? I might do a road trip over there in a couple weeks, I'll let everyone know if I'm gonna head that way.
I got a bunch of pix e-mailed, good looking boats.

Cobra1racer
01-05-2007, 07:00 PM
You are giving retail, I was talking whole sale. All I need is a set of molds to get back into it. I still have box's of clean dry material, gel coat and a drum of resin and I'm off to the races. I was thinking about asking an old friend where his molds went for his 20' pickle fork. It was a good deep boat as well, could have held twins. Will have to call and check. And then there is another guy that had som Mod VP molds. Heck 10 years ago I could have bought the 21' molds from Talon. Watch out I just might do it.

The Big Al
01-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Web site: http://www.bamcojetboats.com/

http://www.bamcojetboats.com/boat_gallery/p9220256.jpg

Cobra1racer
01-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Is that the boat they build? Kinda looks like an old Nordic bubble deck. With a reworked helm area. Looks like some external paint work. Hard to say unless I run my finger across it. But yup it's a small jet boat with some moder a touch up. Molds for one like that, $500.00 all day long. I'm sure it's sold as a race boat to get away from the level flotation regs.Nice looking rig.

boaterhead
01-05-2007, 07:30 PM
JW... price is all depending on the equipment... if I remember, he was in the 40's at the Novi show and it was a killer boat!!! He offers everything truely custom as you want. I saw one that had a BIG blower moter all the way down to a mild 454-350hp power. I don't know much more other than he builds to please! The hull reminds me of the 18' Cole runner-bottom... I wonder if he builds any V-drives???

Cobra... get on it! We need more performance boats out there!;) I've been pondering it for 10 years, yet always seem to be too busy or have lack of space to make it happen.

pyro
01-05-2007, 08:47 PM
DAMN I'm good! I was right! In the middle of the photo, you can see the lakefront Zukey Lake Tavern, with the new addition under construction.

The marina, the west-side channel, and the passage to Strawberry lake are each visible in some of the website photos. I grew up 2 miles from there. :D

JW
01-06-2007, 07:16 AM
$40's???? You got to be kidding. Car motors and jets are the cheapest package you can get. For that kind of money, I'd be into an Allison. I won't even waste my time driving over there if they start above $20k................

boaterhead
01-06-2007, 12:41 PM
The one's he had at the show were high-end for sure... I wonder if you could buy one all rigged less motor??? Anyway, your like I am and correct on the other choices for the $40K... You have to be a die-hard jet buff (or a guy with money to burn wanting to re-live their childhood and spit 200' rooster tails). Very specialized and limited use for sure... but

To be honest, the power-train game is all about even now-days:
Indmar 502efi/jet= $21K
Merc 300XS=$19K
Mercury 6.0Lmag/bravo=$20K

Best bang (speed, economy, maintainance) for the buck is still OB...
so how about one of Wildman's 24 pulsare/300xs (br?) for you? :D

On one last note... it IS WORTH ADMIRING the quality of these bamco jets!

JW
01-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I've been in e-mail contact, I wonder if he's going to the detroit boat show next month? He sent me pictures of all his boats (none sold yet, the black/blue one is the 'test' hull) and they were all made in 2004. So I'll bet he's got some 'blow-out' pricing that might make things interesting. I'll write him again.

pyro
01-06-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't think the Detrit Boat show is allowed to sell booths for anything that goes more than 60 mph. At least that's the way it seems. Each year I go back there for some reason, and when I leave I'm always wondering why I wasted the money and the time. Attending the 2006 show helped contribute to my divorce. :D

boaterhead
01-07-2007, 04:59 PM
May not be the best show, but at least it smells like FIBERGLASS!!!

JW, keep us posted! That'd be fun on your lake!:eek:

Pyro... as long as you got to keep your BOAT, it's all good...:rolleyes:

kay75
01-07-2007, 05:12 PM
i live like a city away from detriot and when is the boat show i would love to go thanks mark

sanger 455
01-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Web site: http://www.bamcojetboats.com/

http://www.bamcojetboats.com/boat_gallery/p9220256.jpglook like little of everything even a hondo . very sharp boat

JW
01-14-2007, 06:02 AM
I sent him another e-mail asking general price of the boats he has in stock, and he didn't respond.

marvin s
02-02-2007, 02:03 PM
beautiful boat, but has to go more than 65mph to really attract attention[appears too much boat in the water]

Cobra1racer
02-02-2007, 04:10 PM
BBC weigh 1000+ pounds, and pumps are not light.

marvin s
02-02-2007, 04:31 PM
basics, well aware I ran a placeceaft, blown,nitros 468 all one needs is HP and a lot of tuning marvin s, just a comment on this new hot boat

Cobra1racer
02-02-2007, 04:57 PM
What size blower? Yup but to go 65+ you will need more go fast goodies to bolt on. It's a sickness I tell you. Once you get to the limmit of the rig, then ponies start to cost $100.00 each. So another 100 ponies might net you about 5 miles per hour. If your'e lucky. Go outboard, want more speed, bolt on another outboard. But then lets not forget the work you have to do to the pump. Blue print it, impeller- cut several times to work, intake-top loader but still have to fine tune that as well. It's a sickness I tell you, and there's no pill to fix it.

Xerophobic
02-02-2007, 08:23 PM
the cure for that sickness is to stop using hulls designed in the 60's and 70's and get an aluminum boat that will blow the doors off of the boat pictured with way less HP(Im not saying its not a nice boat btw)

Cheers

(~55K cnd gets you a turn key loaded 21' tunnel race boat that does low 80's with a bone STOCK ZZ4 , ponder THAT for a few minutes -355 hp!!!)

speedboats
02-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Have to agree with Xero, I guess like my old man you all got to the 70's or 80's and just stayed there. As posted before, we budget 650hp to reach 100mph for our 21' race boats.

Costs of boats. Really? $3,500 for a brand new engine AND jet unit? Dude I need to meet your supplier!! Aluminium has increased in costs 28% over the last 15 months, I believe Nickel is around $38,000 a tonne now (primary ingredient in Stainless). Perhaps you build from composite? Carbon fibre is hell expensive, and most of the resins and stuff is derived from crude oil, have you checked the price of crude lately. Compound that with workers comp, liability insurance (incase some dickhead writes himself off in your boat, costs about $25,000 per year for $5million cover) and you get an idea of the overhead.

LS2 (about 450hp) costs about $6500 just for the base engine, then there is headers, starter, computer, fuel pump, etc...

Tandem all alloy trailer with LED lights and 17' alloy wheels about $5500 ($3000 just in parts)

Usual story, you get what you pay for. The price, while high, is still in the ball park for an all new boat

Xerophobic
02-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Out the door for 55ish (Canadian) lightweight hull with bow ballast tank and electric wings, everything you need to run FX class so think what you could do a pleasure version for with no roll bar, high backs, harnesses etc etc etc
Bare hull no paint 13.5K cnd and will out last that glass hull 10 to 1 easily in the same use
650 honest Hp will push a standard weight 21 tunnel to 100 set up right and anything over 700 you will see 100's easily
Current world champ doing 115-120 with ~850ish HP

I don't get the glass hot boat scene anymore, once you get past boats looking pretty

http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/520/3722fxtunnelsiderr.JPG

80's with 355 hp and TWO guys, full fuel

http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/520/3722fxtunnelrunr.JPG

Cheers

Cobra1racer
02-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Yup OVERHEAD. Go to any dealership and just look at the overhead. It's beyond me why people think it's cool to have your name plastered across a billboard at a sporting event costing hunders of thousnads of dollars in hope that stupid people think it's cool to spend 15k-20k to much for that stupid Pickup truck. What is the cost for a 30 secound blink of an eye commercial durring the super bowl, MILLIONS. And your insurance company is one of them, so simple a CaveMan could figue it out. Does a Chevy motor cost that much, or some jerk on the field with a ball in his hands. There is a price to pay for those box seat's and $10.00 cup of beer. The Big Unit what was that I heard,16 million for one year. How F'ing stupid do you have to be to think that it's cool to see these peple getting paid stupid money for a guy with a bad back that may never even pitch. How much money is spent on add's to sell auto's,boats, Quad's, Rv's, all of the toy's that people think they need. I've seen a house being built out here in Paridise Valley, owned by one of the Diamond Back coaches, 15 MILLION PLUSS. Why would I want to go to a game and get hosed on a ticket to support some A-hole like that. The price of a jet boat has gone up $30,000.00 in the past ten years since I've built them, thats nut's. I just picked up a trim gauge today from a dealer ship, they were bringing back the boats from the show this past week. Guess what they sold, NOPE not the 40k pluss bass boats. Stinking pontoons. When I go to the lake, I'm the only one in a Custom built Hot Rod. This lake was covered with Eliminators and the like 15 yeras ago. Now it's production line crap. But hey it's " HAND ROLLED", like no chit. I think scum bag dealerships have killed the Custom Boat market. Yes that boat is nice, but this one is cheeeeper, factory crap. All they care about is making a buck to buy the over priced chevy or ford or dodge to pull a boat to the lake. And I'm sorry, buy a wing on the front of a boat (Canard). Well it aint built right if it needs that. Unless your Name is MISS BUD! And you have a jet engine stuck up your a$$. And why does the new Mustang look like it's, well built in the 60's and 70's?? Not to mention the new Camarro, and the old yet new dodge that s coming out. Well it's cuz the chit works and it looks good.Ask neveredge what he pays for insurance on his dump truck's, yea a small fortune. To many jackoff's sueing people for ther own stupidity. Now I'm pissed. I'm going to work on my boat!!!

Xerophobic
02-03-2007, 04:01 PM
And I'm sorry, buy a wing on the front of a boat (Canard). Well it aint built right if it needs that. Unless your Name is MISS BUD! And you have a jet engine stuck up your a$$.

Show me a glass hull that can do 80+ MPH with a stock ZZ4 small block and that statement may hold some water

Cheers

Cobra1racer
02-03-2007, 04:14 PM
My Mom is Canadian. I don't know of any body around here that even builds a jet any more. It's all big stuff. Let alone a tunnel. 55 can. isn't that like 25 american??? exchange rate and all? Can you build one in three days? Is your moosehead (tin can) cut by a CNC machine or what. I'm sure if you have it down you can cut one in a day and the pop rivet it the next. Kidding. I've watched jet sprints no the telly, yours looks like that style. What s the lenght 17'-19' ??. It's a race boat and built for racing. It's not a family cruiser. I'm sure there is an eliminator out there that will run with you, with the same power. Mine ran 65 stock, no bolt-on's at all. And it was a V, no tunnel. As I recall most of the boats like your's that river raced had some big engines in them, with all kinds of wings. Fun to watch them stuff the nose and keep on going. I remember one going under and pop up running, and he kept going. River raced rapids that is.

pyro
02-03-2007, 04:23 PM
I don't even know any of the "up-North" jetters, but I've read the posts and seen the videos, and I envy anyone that gets performance out of a jet like that. Can your jet boat jump waterfalls and beaver dams? How much horsepower does YOUR jet need to hit 80? Can it? How much did it cost? I'm not sure I see the point of your rant.

Ya didn't like that "hulls designed in the 60's and 70's" comment, eh?

Xerophobic
02-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Cobra sorry if that one comment offended ya but the writting has been on the wall for years. I'd be as bold to say NO glass boat would touch that black boat I posted with a stock ZZ4.

Our primary race boat as shown there is in a perpetual state of change. We build on a jig not a mold so a 1/2" tweak here and an extra 1/4" there can be done very easily. That diversity is what keeps us up front. We only need to invest time in a CAD program to make major changes to a hull shape, not reinvest huge $ in making a whole new mold etc Custom modifications are incredibly easy. yes we cut on a CNC plasma table and form with CNC brake. No the boat cannot be built in 3 days, usually ~1 to cut and form, 5 to weld and another to clean up for paint. There is alot more work than you'd initially think to build a boat like this. 55k cnd is about 47K usd, today anyway

The 21' tunnel pictured was built specifically for FX class racing. Stock ZZ4's with basically no mods allowed AT ALL. It has extra lightweight deck and sides and a keel designed to work well with lower HP.
Show me a glass boat that would do over 80 with 2 guys in it and 35-40 gallons of fuel that isn't a complete potatoechip and I WILL impressed. Oh and thats also with a rock grate ;)

I love some of the glass boats from the So-cal scene they are beautiful boats. But I cannot justify putting the time effort and money into one after seeing what a modern state of the art aluminum hull will do AND do it in rough water all day long. Of course that may be why I also moved 3700 km's to work here hehe

Lots of guys have built pleasure tunnels and mark my words when these hulls catch on in the AZ/CA market glass boats better watch out. Hard to argue the strength to weight of aluminum.

Ill attach a couple pics of the last pleasure tunnel we put out of the shop before the snow flew. Regretfully we only got to shoot the boat and no water test yet but we are expecting numbers around 105 with a 720 Hp 572. Who says aluminum boats can't look sexy and bada$$????

Cheers

http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/520/3722Sharkwet.JPG

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/files/dscf1598_172.jpg

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/files/dscf1601_156.jpg

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/files/dscf1600_113.jpg

p.s. Pyro my buddy Mark lives in Michigan and runs around there in a Eagle 17 Sport. Im certain its the only one out there but if you need convincing about alloy jetboats track him down and get him to take you for a ride. He's a super nice guy and knows his boat like you wouldn't believe. I bet he can get you sell that prop boat after one ride ;) (he's leadvilleone on most forums, google him)

speedboats
02-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Nice job on that tunnel. Most of the guys here think a long boat is to big to boat our rivers, pity as I enjoy doing them. Is that a custom intake suction peice? Never been a fan of the D345 morse cables. Don't doubt it'll do the business, and overtake those old school boats.

Cobra1racer
02-03-2007, 11:46 PM
I don't think a flaoting beer can will catch on down here, to stuck on glass. Heck the first drag boat to hit 230 mph was wood. Woody owners call em "tupperware boats". Nothing like a strip built canoe, with a clear coat on it. We do have a builder down here that does custom pontoons and house boat out of beer cans. Show some pics of the building process, stringers and bulkheads or ribs in an aluminum boat. 47k dats a hole lata crushed Molsen Golden. It is a nice piece, good lines. But it's lacking a two stroke.

Can you put the thing in a break or do you have to cut and weld every piece? The wheels are turning. Gosh you don't even need rub rail. I like the deck on it, good lines up front. Let me know when you get one down in the warm Arizona Desert, or will it melt? By the way how thick is the bottom, sides and deck, or ist it an ancient Chinese secret?? Fresh curd would be a good thing to bring as well.

JW
02-04-2007, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE=Xerophobic]

http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/520/3722Sharkwet.JPG

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/files/dscf1598_172.jpg

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/files/dscf1601_156.jpg

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/files/dscf1600_113.jpg

QUOTE]

Now that's one of the BEST looking new boats of ANY type I've seen in a while!

Cobra1racer
02-04-2007, 08:13 AM
<TABLE width=200 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://rlsmarine.com/Products/getimage.asp?ID=17 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The 2004 season is bringing you the latest in the racing world. With another World Championship in 2003 we have a record that stands at 12 out of 14 of the last World Championship titles. This is achieved by working with race teams around the world that are constantly developing our product along with our own team of dedicated professionals.

Length: 20' 6"
Beam: 75"
Dry Weight Light Hull: 535 lbs.
Dry Weight Standard Hull: 640 lbs.
Keel: .375 - 6061
Air tunnels: .160 - 5052
Sides and Deck thickness: .102 - 5052
Custom Intake and Grate: Included

Cobra1racer
02-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Here if you want to see them in action. http://rlsmarine.com/player.asp?video=/videos/raceclip.wmv

Xerophobic
02-04-2007, 04:49 PM
When we solve a problem we solve it for good ;)

No one has broken one of these yet

http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/520/3722Bsuction1r.JPG

We try to move forward with every boat we build and i think our record shows that (14 of the last 16 world titles)

The boat pictured could have more interior space but that wasn't a priority for the owner. It does have a very sexy custom interior done by our inhouse upholstery god. he IS good and before you knock the high back seats sit in them when you're doing 100 mph over rough water and you probably will start to see the advatages to them

http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/520/3722Sharkint2.JPG

Cheers

sleekcrafter
02-04-2007, 07:09 PM
When we solve a problem we solve it for good ;)

No one has broken one of these yet

http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/520/3722Bsuction1r.JPG

We try to move forward with every boat we build and i think our record shows that (14 of the last 16 world titles)

The boat pictured could have more interior space but that wasn't a priority for the owner. It does have a very sexy custom interior done by our inhouse upholstery god. he IS good and before you knock the high back seats sit in them when you're doing 100 mph over rough water and you probably will start to see the advatages to them

http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/520/3722Sharkint2.JPG

Cheers

Whats an intake like that run? Is that different than say a Berk or AMT housing, Demension wise? It's a niced looking piece, sure would beat the hell out of a casting for sure. :cool:

Xerophobic
02-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Im not sure what it costs to be honest but with the worlds coming up in June we have a whack of them on order I belive. Its not cheap but beats blowing a casting into 20 peices when you're otherwise leading a marathon race with one day left haha

I'm certain it takes all AT internals, bowl etc. no cleanout as you can see and the rear of the intake opening is NOT round.

If you want an accurate price give our parts guy a ring and he can give you the accurate #. Ill tell you right now unless you're running whitewater and/or making 800+ HP it will not be a cost effective peice for most guys. Thats 2 rather large hunks of billet and ALOT of machine time = big $

Cheers

gotboostedvr6
02-04-2007, 09:06 PM
wow very nice looking boats

Cobra1racer
02-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Yea those seats are great, had that style in my race car. The last thing you want is to be slip slidding away in a hard turn, or running aground. Do you have the molds for them or do you by the seats and recover them? Tha boat would look good coming out of a mold. By the way do you use bondo? Read somewhere that builders use bondo to get the thing ready for paint. Love that long deck. Wheels are spinning,tires starting to smoke.

speedboats
02-06-2007, 05:23 AM
Just wondering why you didn't opt to use a mechanical type seal instead of the gland packing type?

Xerophobic
02-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Wasn't around when that peice was designed but my guess would be why fix what already works????
Honestly I have no idea but I do not hear of anyone having issues with that part of this unit.

Cheers

ravencrew
02-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Hey Xero, Why don't u show them some of the other model w/pictures that are om your site. Like the SABER with the two tone paint! That boat is one good looking piece of equipment. I think diffently a real head turner!
I will have to agree with Xero, the way these boats handle and how great they are all around. These guys diffently know what their doing. The sport boats are diffently jaw droppers if you get to ride or just see one in person. I know because I bought one used. I have had no complaints about the boat. Mine is the 20' Saber. The people at EAGLE and RLS Marine are very Knowledgeable when it comes to these type of boats. Damn now I,m sounding like some kind of sales pitch. Trust me if you just got to drive one of these you might just be impressed!! That is what convinced me to buy one of these boats, I plan on putting it on a lake this year.Thats my two cents worth!

Xerophobic
02-06-2007, 11:41 AM
I can do ya one better if you wanna see nice paint. Check out whats going on in the booth today at Outlaw Eagle.....

Hmmmmmm, why are the boys working on truck parts when we're so busy????

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/files/paintshop1_199.jpg

Ok this looks more like it...

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/files/paintshop2_873.jpg

Wait a min, who's THAT guy on the right????

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/files/paintshop3_124.jpg

hmmmmmm

:D:D:D

ravencrew
02-06-2007, 02:53 PM
I guessing since I failed the test on the other forum I'm going to guess it's not Santa Clause or Elvis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

wing nut
02-07-2007, 01:32 AM
not to get off topic, but have any of the boats been rigged with an outboard? not the jet outboards, but a true outboard? im just curious to see how it would work out. i love the lines of the boats, but im not in the market for something new right now.

scott

speedboats
02-07-2007, 03:08 AM
We used to get the occasional client who would set up a tunnel boat with an outboard. They went really well when set up correctly (most ppl set them to low and they create to much drag). Can't remember the numbers, but they ended up loosing favor on the ski race circuit due to the fact the boats couldn't accept a twin engine setup.

pyro
02-07-2007, 06:07 AM
I love the aluminum beaver dam jumpers, but... way to hijack a thread guys.

JW
02-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Ok, to get back to it:

The owner e-mailed me about pricing for the white/red jet boat set up as-is. Price came back in the low $30k range. Not bad for a new boat, but I think for low $30k's I'd spend the money better on a bow-rider outboard boat that'll hold more people and have a higher top end.............

pyro
02-07-2007, 06:30 AM
But don't you like the "manly" sound of a big V8? BLAHAHAHAAAAA!

JW
02-07-2007, 07:37 AM
No doubt, I'd love to have a big block jet boat that can hold 8-10 people, would run 80 mph, and get 4-6 mpg, but it's just not gonna happen..................

Xerophobic
02-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Stern drive has been done for sure but don't think an outboard has. There would be little point without a serious redesign of how the hull is made. It could be ALOT lighter than stock. Im guessing you wouldn't be needing a 1/2" aluminum keel with an outboard hehe
Yes you read that right many of out boats have 3/8" thick or 1/2" thick solid aluminum keels(explains the whole rock bashing beaverdam thing huh?)

Cheers

Cobra1racer
02-07-2007, 04:18 PM
V8 2 stroke, oh yea. Or maybe the Old's IRL V8, turning 11,000 rpm on a pump???