PDA

View Full Version : Login Kickout

Ted Biglow
03-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Greg,

For the last couple of months, I have had varied degrees of login kick-outs while on S&F. My login and password used to work fine, allowing me access to all images and postings, but now the same password is only occassionally accepted (like right now). Am I doing something wrong to lose periodic access? Does this sound familiar? Let me know if I need to describe the symptoms clearer than I am.

Thanks in advance,

Ted

Boz
03-15-2004, 03:55 PM
I'll bet if you send me a copy of that race tape, everything will work fine....:D

Boz

Ted Biglow
03-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Boz, why haven't you been reminding me? That's unforgivable negligence, man! Tell ya what, fix my computer (and me) and I'll send you the original!

Boz
03-15-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm in Toronto the last monday/tuesday of the month for business. Could be tough but maybe we'll get together for a drink?

skidoo29
03-15-2004, 05:20 PM
did someone say drink!!
hey don't forget me there boz ol'buddy

warren

skidoo29
03-15-2004, 05:30 PM
ted

do you use only one computer, what screen does it take you to when it doesn't accept your password., just wondering if it might be cookie issue in your setup

warren

Ted Biglow
03-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Boz,

You're on for a drink, if you have the time on Tuesday. Monday night I am already double-booked. E-mail me your intentions/schedule at ted.biglow@nike.com to see if we can't hook up. I now have the tape with me at work, so copying is just around the corner. I should have it done when you get here. Warren, it would be good to see you, too.

As for the computer issues, Warren, can you direct me on this cookie issue? I'm not very computer-literate. I know how to find S&F and S&M and that's about it!

Let me know

Tb

skidoo29
03-18-2004, 09:41 AM
hi ted, I am not sure it is your problem but it is worth a check, does it not let you on at all or do you have to keep entering your username and password all the time?

go to your user cp on scream and fly, go to edit options, there is a title that says browse board with cookies make sure the yes option has a black circle in it

let me know

warren

Boz
03-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Monday we have a dinner; Tuesday looks like it's ok but let me confirm for sure. It'd be good to touch base again. Maybe I'll get off my ass and develop my Toronto Boat show pics.

Scream And Fly
03-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Ted,

Your problem could be caused by many things. Some of which are:

Browser security settings
Clearing cookies on your computer
Firewalls
Corporate Networks
Various Internet Filters

Are you trying to login from a corporate network? A lot of networks try to block access to interactive Internet websites, such as message forums.

If you use website filters, that can also cause a problem. Also, which browser are you using? Do you frequently clear your cookies?

Greg

Ted Biglow
03-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Guys,

Looks like my problems resolved themselves when I tweaked the User CP options to automatically log me on. I have been deleting cookies relatively often, but won't anymore.

Greg, I am still fortunate enough to be able to access the forums from work and home. Thanks for the help and keep up the amazing work. The caliber of your product is certainly not lost on me. Considering the depth of your correspondence and authorship on this site, it's astonishing that you can keep your writing as clean as it is. I don't doubt that you will be the first internet personality inducted into the Performance Boating Hall of Fame.

Cheers,

p.s. Boz? Warren? Tuesday night in Toronto? We owe it to Greg to facilitate yet another meeting between people that would have otherwise not met each other if it weren't for S&F.

Boz
03-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Tuesday it is. I'll let you know where I'm staying. Does the Marriot Courtyard sound right?

Ted Biglow
03-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Boz,

I'm all excited about the "care" package you're bringing me. Thanks so much for doing that - treat it like a first-born!

Not sure where the Courtyard Marriott is, so let me know where you want to hook up on Tuesday evening. Considering your luggage, I'd walk 500 miles...

Looking forward to seeing ya,

Tb

TNT
03-24-2004, 07:07 PM
check ur prefs on ur browser then look at ur cookies

Boz
03-25-2004, 09:32 AM
This works out really well for you guys! Timing couldn't be better.
My hotel is on Yonge Street, around the corner from Bay Street. Our office is on Bay.
You'll have to shoot me your #'s so I can give you a holler.

Geez, if I can't afford to pay my hotel, I could probably pawn the "care package"...........;)

Boz

Ted Biglow
03-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Boz, look to your e-mail for a PM.

Warren, are we going to be seeing you? In turn, if you could send me your numbers, that would be great.

Cheers,

Tb

p.s. Boz, I've asked Geoff if he could pack the prop in its original box so I could have it. FYI, I'm not sure what they'll allow you to do post 9-11, but I've brought one of my cleavers with me in an airplane before (i.e. not checked in and cleared through security).

TNT
03-25-2004, 10:56 PM
yah it really sux

Boz
03-25-2004, 11:02 PM
We're actually looking into that. I would like to take it as my carry on if possible.

Oops; forgot to check my pm. I'll get back to ya.

Ted Biglow
03-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Not so quick, Speedy Gonzales! I haven't sent it, yet. What's your e-mail address (just realized I left my Palm at work)...

Ted Biglow
03-25-2004, 11:13 PM
Boz, I'm falling asleep here. I'll check in tomorrow.

Boz
03-25-2004, 11:15 PM
cbodley@shaw.ca

Scream And Fly
03-26-2004, 01:02 AM
Ted,

Glad to see everything worked out! Thank you for the compliments on Scream And Fly - as long as you're all happy, I'm happy.

Greg:)

skidoo29
03-26-2004, 06:57 AM
ted & colin

not sure if I can make it tues night, will have to be a game time decision, but I will be in touch for sure
ted I sent you an email

warren