PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Rad Boat Reunion, Palatka, FL

Slowburn
03-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Monday 03-15-04

Four questions for anyone reading today...

1. The S&F board states that ..."next year's (2004) Reunion is on June 21, 2004. Are you sure? I think the correct date is the weekend before Memorial day. Can anyone confirm? (I need to schedule day off, motel, etc.)

2. Does Rad Boat Reunion 2004 have a site or forum to learn more about this event?

3. Does the Rad Boat Reunion have a static display (on-the-trailer) boat show competiton (i.e "who has the prettiest boat contest")?

4. If not, does anyone know of a "boat show" competition in Florida or south Georgia?

Thank you for your help.
"Slow Burn"
Gainesville, FL

BUSHWACKER
05-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Howdy neighbor, I'm in Crystal River (only 1 yr) from PA. I'll be in Palatka too, come hell or hi h2o for the 1st time w/ the S&F gang. Only I have 2 bring my Inboard my outboard's not ready or sleepable, Ranger bass boat.
I can't believe no one answered ur ??? If they do please pass it on 2 me @ augiedet7@hotmail.com
If I get my I/O boat up & running u will know it's me, it's a 24' SUPERBOAT, BB CHEV offshore straight exhaust, & BUSHWACKER on both sides, say hi! Hope you get a reply.

mikevr007
05-12-2004, 08:41 AM
The RBR starts Friday May 21st.

mikevr007
05-12-2004, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure why, but the main thread for this event is in General Discussion:

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52668

Slowburn
06-04-2004, 10:03 AM
Friday, June 4, 2004; 1000

Dear Bushwhacker and RBR organizers 2004:

Thanks for your replies on forum and RBR info. As a first timer to RBR this year, I loved event and will definitely support event but have a few suggestions:

1. NEED INFO: There was zero, nada, zip, info about event anywhere. No flyers, no event listing in any hot boat magazines, and S&F had RBR info in general discussion forum but nothing in event forum.

2. LIST RBR IN S&F EVENTS FORUM NOT GENERAL DISCUSSION: When I am look for an event, I look in event calendars not chat rooms.

3. LIST CONTACT: I couldn't find an RBR contact and I only live 40 miles away!

4. BOAT SHOW JUDGING WAY TOO EARLY: Me and my friends work on Friday and couldn't get to the static display boat show until Saturday morning and judging was already over! Dozens of boats hadn't even arrived yet! Judging was over before the event had really even got started. Boat show/judging should be be later in the day or Saturday night. Makes no sense otherwise.

I am NOT complaining because I loved event and will definitely be back next year. Russ ? at Holiday Inn was very helpful and friendly. Is he the promoter? I told all my boat friends about event and they were interested but we need info Thanks again and see you there next year!

Robin
"Slow Burn"
Gainesville, FL