PDA

View Full Version : Home audio question..EQ hookup to JVC

WATERWINGS
03-06-2004, 10:01 PM
I got a JVC reciever from a friend, it has a built in EQ, but I have a Yamaha EQ that I want to hook to it.

I had the EQ hooked up to my old reciever, (through the tape monitor) but when I hook the EQ to the JVC in the same manner, It wont work...........

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

WINGS

bulldogdaddy
03-07-2004, 05:23 PM
i had the same problem,but the equalizer was matched to a system my buddy was going to through away.
was an old fisher with tv monitor and all! no mater how i tried hooking it up; line in and out,record in and out,i just couldn't get it to work.
best thing is its the one in the bedroom and ms. bdd doesn't notice it att all,while i'm out watching the races on the big screen:D

WATERWINGS
03-08-2004, 12:55 PM

bulldogdaddy
03-08-2004, 01:13 PM
i know it might sound weird but if you have a cassett deck,hook the eq into the record in. its been a while but had a sansui i had to hook up like that.

WATERWINGS
03-08-2004, 03:04 PM
You know, thats the only thing I didn't hook back up to the system, it may make the difference, I just saw on the JVC that when I turned on the "tape monitor" switch it cut all the sound off.

That may be the missing link!

sho305
03-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Also try reversing the in/out. I have had some that the label made no sense when it was hooked up and working.

WATERWINGS
03-09-2004, 10:04 AM
Cool, I'll those out, thanks.

John

WATERWINGS
03-11-2004, 12:25 PM
sho,

Your the man.

First, I hooked the tape deck back up, and tried all combinations of switching........still nothing.

Then, I reversed the in/out plugs.........BAM!

It worked,

then I unhooked the tape deck, just out of curiosity, and it still worked, even with the deck un-hooked!

So, either my old Pioneer was labeled backwards, or the JVC was, (I labeled all the wires before I took them off), either way, it works now...........THANKS MAN!

bulldogdaddy
03-11-2004, 04:58 PM
just remeber the earplugs for the neighbors now:D

sho305
03-11-2004, 11:47 PM
One would think you hook the 'out' on the amp to the 'in' on the tape; then the 'out' on the tape to the 'in' on the amp right? Naw, too easy. :confused: I think some are 'in' to 'in' or something. Glad you got it going:cool: