PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina OPC Race

Jeff_G
03-02-2004, 02:35 PM
We will be running again this year at Bucksport Marina, just outside of Conway, SC. The dates are the first weekend in June, the 5th & 6th.
Classes to include SST 60, Formula V, SST 120, Super Sport, and Mod U.
Saturday will be the Region 5 Regional Championship for all classes.
Sunday will be the Southeast Divisional Championship for Mod U, Formula V and SuperSport. There is a 5 boat minimum for Divisional Championships in the Mod U, SS, and FV classes.

All boats will receive a minimum of $100 tow money. Additional prize money will be announced along with trophies.
For further information call Jeff Grigg 843 844-8739

Also for your calendars will be the Georgetown Harborwalk Festival June 27, Sunday. This is a one day event with a town festival, street dance and fair the day and evening before. Same classes as the Conway event. Tow money will be given. Details to come.

We are actively seeking new drivers, additional sponsors and additional race sites in the SC, Ga. area. Please call Jeff Grigg for further information. 843 844-8739 days.

Jeff_G
04-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Just signed the contracts for both races. They are confirmed! I need boat counts, who is coming?

Bruce Washburn
04-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Great job Jeff! I know you have put a lot of effort in these races. We will be there.
Bruce Washburn

us1ss
04-08-2004, 12:03 PM
I'll be there, Mike

Danny McManus
05-13-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm planning to make this one, I've gotta race soon before
my capsule certification runs out...:D :D

Jeff_G
05-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Everything is a go! Everything should be just fine for the race.

Jeff_G
06-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Race results overall for the weekend

SST 120 Lee Daniels
Mod U Bruce Washburn
Formula V Jeff Grigg
SST 60 Michael Floyd
Super Sport Mike Muldrow

Thanks to the drivers and sponsors, Bucksport Marina and the Weaver Brothers.

Sunday we ran 10 heats in 1 hour and 20 minutes. Had a 45 minute rain break and still finished including the final heats by 4:30.

NORA schedule note; the Georgetown race has been cancelled for this year. as previously announced the Beaufort race also will not be on the 2003 schedule. we will announce additional races asap.

Bruce Washburn
06-15-2004, 09:00 AM
Jeff, Thanks again to you Steve, Barbara, Lon, Steve, and Sam for putting on a fun well organized race. Even with a one boat ramp you kept the show moving.
A special thanks to the Weaver Bros. and Bucksport Marina. What a great place to hold a race. It has to be one of the better places for spectators to view the race from.
Thanks again!
Bruce Washburn