PDA

View Full Version : Wear Your Vests!!!!

Jay R.
02-29-2004, 07:25 PM
I now know how important it is to wear a vest, I wasn't wearing mine and im damn lucky i didn't black out...
WEAR YOUR VESTS!!

Boz
02-29-2004, 07:32 PM
What happened? You alright??

Jay R.
02-29-2004, 08:30 PM
took some pills and a warm bath, feel better to explain.
the throttle stuck wide open. i had a fuel problem, and didn't make the shoot out because of it. decided to see if i fixed it. and ran it at a close ski lake. to small for real fast runs. found i could do around 77-78 without airing it out so i did a few laps.
the throtle stuck on the last one, bank was closing fast i tried to turn but realized that wouldn't work, so i hit the key switch before i got the wheel completly straight. the second i hit the key the wheel ripped out of my hand to the left, I went over the side I think, i don't think i went through the side but i might have, i think the side blew out from flipping, im sure i went over but a cop watching from the other side said he thought it went 360. the boat was pointed exactly as it was when i went out. when i went out i went limp and tucked. out of luck i think, cause i didn't think about it, it just happined.i never wnet under the water. when i stoped skiping i went in feet first. tried to swim back to the boat it sank fast. some bass dudes came and got me. the cop got my boat cause he didn't want to wait for salvage.

baja200merk
02-29-2004, 08:44 PM
thank god your ok!

real sorry to hear about the vector!

any idea why the throttle is stickin?

when did this happen?!?

wut made the boat cut to the left when you shut the key off?

kevin:eek:

Jay R.
03-01-2004, 09:18 AM
the bow dropped when i killed the engine, grabbed the water and spun the boat around. i didn't get the wheel straight fast enough.

Trikki1010
03-02-2004, 06:55 AM
Dude !!!

Your a lucky man:eek: :eek: Now you'll be putting that vest on:D

Glad YOU are okay. Boats and **** can be replaced or rebuilt, there's only one YOU;)

You just needed an excuse to sit back and make somemore wind chimes...lol

I guess we ain't going boatin' when I'm down there in April:eek: :D

Jay R.
03-02-2004, 08:23 AM
sure we are, the checkmate still runs like a champ!!

Trikki1010
03-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Then we gotta talk ;)

Jay R.
03-04-2004, 10:04 PM
whats to talk about, bring your tunnel boat down here and whoop my butt, then we'll kick back a few beers and I'll make excuses and talk about how the vector would have whooped your butt before it's untimly demise!!!:D :cool:

Trikki1010
03-04-2004, 10:42 PM
I wish:D

I ain't draggin her down there this time.

I got my girlfriend, a gaggle of kids and a cute babysitter;) Gonna be in Orlando for a week, 4/3 - 4/10

The beers and all is right up our alley though, maybe some takillya or them thar umbrella drinks...lol

I'll send ya an invite to Romp around up here too:cool:

Yamaha 225
02-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Happy to hear you are okay! I think of this every time I do a run. This is ****ing dangerous if one think about it. I had a fast-nose-down one time, and that was almost the end of my life, as Espen (S&F-name) and I tested late in the season when it was late and no boats on the water...

I don't want to go offshore racing with my rig because of this reason. Too many years to come with great boating to take that risk.

What type of engine had the throttle get stucked on?

:) Erik

Trikki1010
02-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Yamaha 225

DUDE !!!!!

You can't pull that stuff a year later ;)

Jay is fine and well, physically :D

Ya had me thinkin' he went for ANOTHER swim :eek: :eek: ;)

Jay R.
02-13-2005, 06:50 PM
no trikki, no way no how. gonna be more careful.

it was an evinrude 235, the cable got stuck, apperently it was stiff and got a bend in it. i had just switch the seats around and i think i put the bend it it without thinking. the cop gave me a hard time about my "excuse" (he asked if i wanted to stick with that or change my story) but the pedal was still wide open when it came out of the water.

150aintenuff
02-18-2005, 12:30 AM
since your postin on this jay did you get dinged in that thar mishap or was the cop cool about it.....

Jay R.
02-18-2005, 06:54 PM
No he didn't ticket me. but the cop was pissed cause he was on his way home for dinner with the wife when he had to turn around and come back. but he said " the way i see it, if you out her acting like an A$$ #ole, then you get what you deserve!" and was happy that i didn't die cause that would have been a ton more paperwork.

150aintenuff
02-18-2005, 10:42 PM
the lecture..... I think thats worse than a ticket... but atleast the throttle stayed stuck after the wreck so it was porven u wasnt a liar.. had to hurt... both physically, mentally and monitarrily so bummer on the boat but atleast it wasnt a REAL biggie... were you able to salvage anything on the boat or was it a scrap in fire total loss...

Ted Stryker
04-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Yeah, Cops are generally nice and easy going unless they actually have to do something that resembles a job, like the one they have chosen...

ehill
03-23-2009, 02:36 AM
if i am in the drivers seat of my boat i have a vest on. You are one lucky guy. know a few folks that got killed on boats due to not having vests on and i am not ready to die.

doramide7
09-23-2010, 11:26 PM
took some pills and a warm bath, feel better to explain.
the throttle stuck wide open. i had a fuel problem, and didn't make the shoot out because of it. decided to see if i fixed it. and ran it at a close ski lake. to small for real fast runs. found i could do around 77-78 without airing it out so i did a few laps.
the throtle stuck on the last one, bank was closing fast i tried to turn but realized that wouldn't work, so i hit the key switch before i got the wheel completly straight. the second i hit the key the wheel ripped out of my hand to the left, I went over the side I think, i don't think i went through the side but i might have, i think the side blew out from flipping, im sure i went over but a cop watching from the other side said he thought it went 360. the boat was pointed exactly as it was when i went out. when i went out i went limp and tucked. out of luck i think, cause i didn't think about it, it just happined.i never wnet under the water. when i stoped skiping i went in feet first. tried to swim back to the boat it sank fast. some bass dudes came and got me. the cop got my boat cause he didn't want to wait for salvage.
thank god your ok!

when did this happen?!?

John.Vaught
09-27-2010, 11:20 PM
thank god your ok!

when did this happen?!?

I believe he was trying to turn when he shut the engine off, wheel was turned.

With my old boat when I was surfacing the prop the faster I went the more the boat would pull to one side so I would compensate by turning a little to correct for the engines torque we accidentally pulled the kill switch out while airing the boat out once and wound up doing a 180+ in the middle of the boat lane. Weird stuff happens when you cut the engine off while going fast.

Jay R.
09-27-2010, 11:34 PM
wow, 6 year old thread.... some never die! hehehe,
Yeah, like john said, I was trying to turn in hopes of getting more room to fiquare something out and the cable was old and tie wrapped to tight (my buddy thought it looked neat and clean that way).
when you surface them they act funny, I had a few minor blow outs with that boat as well. running full throttle trimmed out floating on air and suddenly the nose drops to the water and the boat kicks to the left. basically had the same affect when I killed the throttle.

Davey W
09-28-2010, 05:50 PM