PDA

View Full Version : Odba?

thaw ripper
02-24-2004, 03:14 PM
I am running a 18' Baker Modvp tunnel hull with a stock 235 Evinrude X-flow, my question is what class does this fall in if any. Thanks ~tr~

WATERWINGS
02-24-2004, 03:17 PM
lake racer?

W. Tripp
02-25-2004, 07:38 AM
The best class for your hull is Lakeracer (nice rig by the way). How light can you get it with no fuel, you in it, with prop helmet and race jacket?

The OMC carb'd Loopers can weigh 1550 pounds conforming to Super Stock rules. Can you get lighter than this?

Lakeracer ODBA rules - http://www.odbaonline.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=22

I hope this helps,

Raceman
02-25-2004, 03:36 PM
"my question is what class does this fall in if any"

It falls in the same class that both of my STV's would be in if I showed up: 2 passes and to the trailer.

BarryStrawn
02-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Ummm - He said crossflow guys. Wouldn't that be Sport Racer? 1200lbs for 149 cube and 1300 for 160. If it is an old ModVP race hull it might make that weight. But I agree with raceman about stock engines and the trailer.

thaw ripper
02-26-2004, 05:42 AM
Just kickin the odba racing around, I know in need more horse power :o just no funds in the pocket. Thats the thing with Drags you drive thousands of miles a few quick runs and your on the trailer!:( What about Roundy Rounds circuts is there any of that going on anywhere? Seems like it would be alittle more fun than point A to B.

Sure would be nice! :D

W. Tripp
02-26-2004, 06:44 AM
Stock engines are VERY competitive in Lakeracer. Shane Stovall won the OCS points Championship in Lakeracer this past season with a STOCK 260 on an Allison bass boat. And with 25 pounds taken off the weights for Super Stock and Super Gas rigs in Lakeracer in 2004 these combinations will be hard to beat.

However, a crossflow OMC has not been reguarded as a competitive set up for Lakeracer, and I doubt that the boat mentioned will be able to get light enough for Sport Racer.

"2 passes and on the trailer" has more to due with set up and prop than most new racers realize. I found this out very quickly my first season. Unless a new racer gets connected with someone who can help them set up the boat correctly, and is willing to work with a prop bender that has experience with this form of racing, your hull, and class weight - the chances of making more than 2 passes are slim.

That is what makes this forum a great opportunity to pick the brains of racers who have the needed experience to help. Most new racers just don't know how much help than can get here.

Rusrog
02-26-2004, 09:01 AM
I'll say this... I had going to ODBA races since before it was ODBA but the first time I met Wayne he asked me why I wasn't racing and when I told him I was trying to put something together... He started offering help immediatley... Parts, names of other people who are familiar with my proposed setup, etc... I had known Wayne all of about 5 min and there are many other people willing to point you in the right direction if you need some help getting your combination dialed in...

Russ Rogers
Ft Worth TX

thaw ripper
02-26-2004, 03:11 PM
I guess my next step is to get it weighed to see if I can make Sport Racer class, the hull is light, just don't know how light.

No problem with the prop bender's John and Jeff Janaky at DAH PRO-Pellers the Cutting Edge!

rude tim
02-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Come out and race you will be hooked. Great people fast boats and lots of fun. I drove 3000 miles for 3 passes and can't wait to go again! Hope to see you in Dallas.

Jay2002
02-26-2004, 09:11 PM
what helped me was watching racing on tv and taping it. I watched it and learned what my boat needed to look like during the 1/4 mile pass. I videoed mine and compared the two and that will give you a good starting point.:)
So get busy all you slackers, we need more people involved with the ODBA!:D :D

props4u2
03-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Wayne,
Where do you see that 25 Lbs. has been taken off of Lake Racers w/SS & SG motors? Everything I see shows the same weights as 2003.

Thanks,
Lee

Laker
03-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Turtle...
Sport racer would be the class and I understand most of the heavy hitters of that class will not be racing this year for a bunch of different reasons...
First you will need to figure out how to make that Flow6 spin 8000rpms to have a Competitive combo.
Good luck

thaw ripper
03-21-2004, 01:53 AM
:D :)

Laker
03-21-2004, 03:18 AM
Well that would work great if you had a Looper but they wont fit a flow6...
And if you had a looper or a 2.5 you would be running in Lake Racer which is just a proGas combo on a heavy boat.
Have FUN!

thaw ripper
03-21-2004, 06:41 AM
I found that pic in a repair manual I got when I bought the Baker.

I just had to post it, K-man eat your heart out bro. I know you'll be droolin over it, when you wake up for Sunday morning S+F.
Da Big White Friderator of your's is missing something!
:D And this is sort out what you lookin for.:p We still got some time before BTTW :cool: ~tr~

thaw ripper
04-21-2004, 02:08 AM
Went in Saturday! Should have pics of progress in a week or two! Very antzy for some seat time! Winters to long summers to short in the north woods! ~tr~
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45254

thaw ripper
05-14-2004, 05:47 AM
To a river or lake near you.:D

CDave
05-14-2004, 09:30 AM
thaw ripper, if ya wanna race just get out there and do it.

How many racers show up to there first race ever and win? The only way ya gonna learn is to get out there and do it.

I did my first boat drag race in April at the DSRA race. I got spanked and I knew I would. I still had a blast got to talk to and meet some great people. It's all about having fun.

The way I look at it is the other racers are gonna want to race me cuse they are almost guarenteed a win.
:D I bet they are saying, Good I get to run Ed. I'm gonna get to advance to the next round.
Hopefully one day they will be saying, Oh **** I gotta run Ed.:rolleyes:

Casey
05-14-2004, 02:08 PM
ed where were you last weekend?

CDave
05-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by casey
ed where were you last weekend?

Working 7&7.
I have my vacation days set up so I'll make the rest of the races, weather and no break downs permitting.

klem
05-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Bring it antioch Ill. every thursdays night at 6:30, burlington is close. You can race in lake racer there. You will know in one week if you have something. No need driving south to get kick around!