PDA

View Full Version : 100 mph "Tuck&Roll" on the lake Saturday night

Jeff "Yammer"
02-23-2004, 04:09 PM
OOOUUCH !!!!

Hit a block of ice at 100 mph this past Sat. night. and got chucked off the sled and did my impression of a gymnast's routine. Woke up to my best friend holding my helmet and boots (they were both ripped off). Don't remember a thing. ??????????? Hadn't even had a drink yet !!!!! My sled was stopped and running about 120' from me not even a scracth on it.!!. Turns out I have a pretty bad concusion and brused everything !!!!!! Thanks to my friends who helped me. This will give me some time to get caught up on S&F BS !!!!!!!

We went back to the part of the lake where it happened and it was a chunk of ice that looked like it was cut out of the ice and left on the surface. Sure did a good job of freezing itself to the surface.

I just was in the worng place at the wrong time and the wrong speed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

race#115
02-23-2004, 04:42 PM
hope you are ok ,crashing sucks trust me i know. what lake were you on ?

Scream And Fly
02-26-2004, 02:25 AM
Jeff,

I'm sorry to hear what happened - I'm glad it wasn't worse though. I hope you feel better soon, and it's good to have you with us.

Greg

speedyfast
03-01-2004, 10:40 PM
its good to hear it didnt end up worse!
This past weekend a guy i know was running on Muskoka and hit a rock at 90kms, has had 2 dental surgeries getting teeth out of his gums, broke his back, cheek and some ribs and has stitches all over his face, not good.
These accidents are reminders to us all how dangerous some of our hobbies are wether it be sleeding or boating.
hope your feeling better man.

P man
03-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Good to hear your ok man

WARLOCK
03-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Idid that about 10 years ago. Someone plowed an ice rink in the middle of the night. Was in the same spot the day before and nothing was there. Running over 90 mph and BOOM, I hit hard! 3 broken ribs and wrecked sled with 280 miles on it. That sucked. Glad your o.k. and lucky no damage to sled. Later, Dave

rev.ronnie
03-09-2004, 10:15 PM
We had a guy who hit an ice dam on the lake at the cabin, going about 90. Killed him dead on impact, his sled did not have one part that could not be picked up with one hand by a 12 year old.

Be careful guys, real careful.

Burke Kilgour
03-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Glad you're OK Jeff.
What did you end up getting for a sled?
Sell the boat yet?

Jeff "Yammer"
03-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

As it turned out I have two severly broken Vertibre's in my back (one completely in have from top to bottom near my neck and one down at the small of my back) , suffered a major concussion (and now post symtoms ) ripped up a knee & finger pretty bad and also have a torn rotator cuff (sp?) and a broken bone in my shoulder.

The sled ...... an 04 ProX 700 was completely un harmed.

Wow am I ever bored.

Dave hope ya feeling OK man , I should make my way down there soon.

Jeff

WARLOCK
03-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Yammer, ya should'nt have to stand on the back of that thing to wheely. get some more horsepower! Just kidding, nice picture, I'm assuming that was taken before the crash. By the way did you get rooms yet for the Rumble? Later, Dave

mercstv
03-15-2004, 10:17 AM
river dog ice racing :D

Wolverine
03-15-2004, 04:36 PM
That's right !!! The Riverdogs rule wherever we go!!
Is that a Arctic cat jacket I see on that rocket? Do whatever it takes to win;) . Gotta love them cats!!:D

Boz
03-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear of your mishap!
Maybe you'll have time to cut me a tape now........:D j/k.

Sounds like you're pretty f%&$ed up. I've a torn cuff in my left shoulder and it's a killer. Just went for cortisone last week and now it's great! Sounds like you were jumped by Bertuzzi...........
Take care.

Wolverine
03-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Jeff "?????"

As it turned out I have two severly broken Vertibre's in my back (one completely in have from top to bottom near my neck and one down at the small of my back) , suffered a major concussion (and now post symtoms ) ripped up a knee & finger pretty bad and also have a torn rotator cuff (sp?) and a broken bone in my shoulder.

The sled ...... an 04 ProX 700 was completely un harmed.

Wow am I ever bored.

Dave hope ya feeling OK man , I should make my way down there soon.

Jeff

Jeff, hope you heal up quickly. Things sure have gone downhill since the Rumble. First that Neudecker engine ( should have had Kottman build it ), then you go and buy a po-po 700, now this crash -- what a doozy. You can only go uphill from here !:)

baja200merk
03-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Jeff "?????"

As it turned out I have two severly broken Vertibre's in my back (one completely in have from top to bottom near my neck and one down at the small of my back)
Jeff

****t dude i was thinking that sorry to hear it do you feel it?

my mom was immobile for 6 weeks after running her bmwr1100r into one of the many new york city potholes all she did was tighend up and took the hit 2 weeks after rideing he felt it couldnt move then 6 weekes after that she was immobile shes got 3 herniated discs in her neck.. she cant have it fixed cant perform surgury for what ever reason.. the doctor told her that most people with her condition dont leave the house she just sold her beammer and bought a harley low rider any way hope your ok man sorry to hear it! live onn brothha!

WARLOCK
03-15-2004, 10:18 PM
With all those ski doo's in that picture, how can ya tell if there is a race going on? I guess it's not fun racing anything else and losing all the time. Just kidding. Later, Dave