PDA

View Full Version : 2004 NEODA Drag Race Dates

Liquid
02-22-2004, 07:22 PM
We had our first meeting of the year. Everything looks very promising for the up and coming season. Classes are.

Lake racer

Modified Production

Factory stock

Sport Racer ( new class)

All other classes will be welcome and accomadated. There must be at least 3 boats in the class, should you choose a class we do not normally run. All rule will be posted soon on our web site. www.NEODA.org . Any questions feel free to e-mail me at Liquisec@aol.com

wing nut
02-24-2004, 12:16 AM
whats the minimum boat size that would be allowed to run sportracer?

scott

stvhelm
02-24-2004, 09:25 AM
looks like the first race is the same weekend as the Rondak Romp. :( most of us already made reservations

Liqui-Fly
02-24-2004, 09:39 AM
I thought we had this covered. The AOF races that same weekend in Wells (about 10 minutes North of the Romp)....maybe we should work on combining the events in the future. Liquid said he would be at the Romp so maybe it's a mistake.
David

Liquid
02-25-2004, 04:39 PM
It doesnt matter what the hell i do, there is always a race during the romp. I will be there, just not on sat or sunday.

The min boat lentgth is 16 foot for any drag class.

stvhelm
02-25-2004, 05:35 PM
If I remember correctly, Ronnie Ran his 15ft Viper. or maybe they changed the rules :eek:

OUTLAW
02-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Delaware valley has on there web site 15 minimum with a stipulation. upon seeing the boat and if the operator can handle his boat in a safe manner he can race. The mouse boat is only 10 feet. and it has a merc 260 in it.

Rich Owen
02-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Jim , wasn't the Taunton race usually in May ?

Ted March
02-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Minimum boat length is Sixteen (16) feet.

Ted March
02-26-2004, 09:51 AM
June 27 - Sunbury, PA - Sunday - Confirmed

August 22 - Sunbury, PA - Sunday - Confirmed

September 4 - Harrisburg, PA - Saturday - Tentative
Note: As of the January this is a Saturday race.

DVBRC Meeting tonight. Will post any updates or changes tomorow.

wing nut
02-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Ted March
Minimum boat length is Sixteen (16) feet.

then what does this mean?? copy pasted straight from your web site, notes: #2

2. Centerline length does not include bolt on set backs or jack plates. The Tech Inspector(s) may allow boats under 16 feet to compete providing the owner/driver can demonstrate safe handling characteristics.

so if i bring my boat out and prove that i can handle it in a safe manner will i be allow to race?

my boat is a hydrostream vixen 14'7'' total lenght (not including jackplate)

scott

Liquid
02-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Wingnut, NEODA rules pretty much coincide with the DVBRC guidlines. The new class we are running does have some exceptions to these rules. Let me check with the club presedent and the race director on this matter. I will post more on this to fill every one in.

James Thompson.

Liquid
02-26-2004, 12:30 PM
Hey rich, hope all is good, and yes the Taunton race usuall is in may, around the 17th. We didnt have one last year because The nanls were on the same weekend, and i dont know about this year ill check on that for you.

Jim

OUTLAW
02-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Jim if you guy's need some info on wing nut I'll personally vouch for him. If you guys want to talk about it you can call me Ronnie Holzmacher 631 563 5153

Ted March
02-26-2004, 03:26 PM
We (DVBRC) have a meeting tonight. I'll bring your specific situation up and have a definite answer for you tomorrow. I personally don't see a problem for you. But, that's just my opinion. Will have something definite tomorrow.

The main concern for the rule is safety. I'm sure that if someone with a setup like Ronnie shows and demonstrates that he can run the boat safely he will be allowed to run. I'm only using Ronnie as an example because I know him and know his abilities. Not every body can run a rig like his safely. But according to our rules the opportunity to demonstrate that ability is available. The 16' rule is not carved in stone.

Ted

wing nut
02-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Ted March
We (DVBRC) have a meeting tonight. I'll bring your specific situation up and have a definite answer for you tomorrow. I personally don't see a problem for you. But, that's just my opinion. Will have something definite tomorrow.

The main concern for the rule is safety. I'm sure that if someone with a setup like Ronnie shows and demonstrates that he can run the boat safely he will be allowed to run. I'm only using Ronnie as an example because I know him and know his abilities. Not every body can run a rig like his safely. But according to our rules the opportunity to demonstrate that ability is available. The 16' rule is not carved in stone.

Ted

ok cool :) hopefully I will see you at the races :)

scott

Ted March
02-27-2004, 07:38 AM
Delaware Valley Boat Racing Club
www.dvbrc.com

The dates posted above are correct.

Sunbury, PA - June 27 and August 22. Both Sunday races. Confirmed.

Harrisburg, PA - September 4 is still tentative.
Please note: This is a Saturday race

Ted March
02-27-2004, 07:41 AM
Scott,

You have a PM.

Ted

Liquid
02-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Scot , i spoke to the club pres, lenny, and he said, as long as you can drive the boat in a safe manner, you can make weight and all the saftey guidline are met you are more than welcome to join in on our races. Please let me know your rig and set-up so i can let you know a weight and a class.

Thank you James Thompson

wing nut
02-28-2004, 11:52 AM
you have an email:)

STVRacing
03-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Out of curiosity are there any V-Kings racing in any of these classes? I have one that I was thinking about dragging but Im not sure how competitive it would be.

Liquid
03-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Why of course we have v-kings racing with us, and the are very competitive. Drag it on down and have some fun with us. The dates are posted on the web site www.neoda.org. its not up right now, as i just switched hosts, but it should be up sometime this week.

Thanks JIM

MIGHTY MOUSE
06-08-2004, 06:35 PM
I am the owner of mighty mouse and would like to know if i am eligible to run this year in sudbury providing I meet all safety requirements. Also, if i demostrate that I am able to drive and control the boat if a safe I have run the past 2 yrs and will be running the 2004 races with NEODA. I would appreciate a reply. Thank you.

Liquid
06-08-2004, 06:39 PM
This is jim thompson from new york, you will have to e-mail ted march from deleware valley., but i do hope to see you on sat in taunton.

Jim

MIGHTY MOUSE
06-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Hi Jim we will be there on saturday for sure!!!! Wouldn't miss it for anything. Can you please bring Ted's email addresse w/ you. Too bad there won't be a powder puff run for me, even though last year ended w/ a "bang"

Liquid
06-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Glad to here you will make it this weekend. i dont have ted e-mail off hand, but if you go up a couple of posts you can hit the e-mail button on his post.

Jim

MIGHTY MOUSE
06-15-2004, 07:30 AM
Hi Jim just thought I would say thank you for making last weekends race so good. Dad says thanks for all the info you got him! See you in Connecticut!! We have your win on video!!!