PDA

View Full Version : ODBA's Mt. Pleasant Event

mardyn
05-04-2001, 12:26 PM
Thanks to everyone who participated in our Mt. Pleasant, Texas event. Beautiful weather, smooth water, 62 entries, and a lot of hard work by the ODBA crew resulted in an almost perfect event.
Galen Burden's new OMC powered Quartermaster is the trickest outboard you've ever seen. It drew a big crowd each time he removed the engine cowling. Congratulations to Galen on a job well done.
The event went off well, on schedule both days, great attendance by the North Texas Community as a whole, our ODBA Prize Patrol gave away a ton of stuff to the kids. The boats were phenominal. Pro Fuel and Pro Gas were very competitive and unbelieveabley quick. Jeff Clienmark and Duane Register are some A-boat drivin' dudes, you'd have to see it to understand it. Bruce Tripp & Tommy Dunn were also on target all weekend.
Condolences to my friend Marty Logan on the loss of his Chocolate Lab of 13 years in an accident. It absolutely devistated Marty for the weekend.
Get Well Soon wishes to our friend Ron Lentzkow who broke his ankle on Saturday.
Special Thanks to Ed Hess and the fine people from Mt. Pleasant who make this event possible each year.
See Y'all in Westlake! David Berry ODBA

JTS Racing
05-04-2001, 03:04 PM
David, I was at the event on Sat. Wish I could have stayed for Sunday, but had to get back to Tn. Great show! I was just wondering, ODBA home page still has Drag Boat Review listed. I heard that they were not covering anything outside of IHBA. Is this true? Are they covering the ODBA events?

mardyn
05-04-2001, 03:48 PM
Drag Boat Review will continue to provide coverage of ODBA
events. Beverly & Tim Stokes of DBR are ODBA supporters and Promotional Sponsors again this year and we're thrilled to have them on board.
We (ODBA) have been invited by IHBA owner Charlie Fegan to particiapate in some of the IHBA events. ODBA classes, rules, officials, IHBA course and clocks. Very interesting combination but it probably won't happen this season. Next season may be the one though. Stay tuned... We'll keep y'all posted.

David A

JTS Racing
05-04-2001, 08:56 PM
That's great news. You know how rumors can be and are very easy to get started. Glad DBR will keep ODBA in the news. Tim had the new TAH ride running good this past weekend at Firebird. Got the #1 spot in qualifing with 5.4 @ 225mph.

I talked to Ken, their promotion and marketing dude, some time back about a new style of "clamp on" participation. He seemed interested at the time. What better way of getting into it, than going with someone thats already established. Starting line procedures on the courses were the only hurdle we could find that would have to be compromised. With the way most lanes are laid out to allow the fans to position anywhere along the run, the in-ramp is at the holding rope. This makes it much easier for the capsule drivers cause they don't have to turn their craft. It would also cure the controversy of run ET's, speeds, and no more "too close to calls" or photo finishes. I know how tough it is when you get beat by .001 sec.:)

Won't make Westlake, but hope to see ya again in Montgomery. May have my U/O ready by then. If not, watching is fun too.:cool:

[Edited by Hydro.... on 05-04-2001 at 09:01 PM]