PDA

View Full Version : Denton MD Stock, Mod, PRO June 19-20

Mark75H
02-04-2004, 06:35 PM
The Choptank River Yacht Club has asked the CVRA to hold the Denton, MD race on June 19 & 20 - Father's Day weekend, this year.

The rest of the mid-Atlantic schedule is looking like this:

April24-25 Camden, NC
May 1-2 Millville, NJ
May 29-30 Franklin, PA
June 5-6 Lambertville, NJ
June 12-13 Warren, PA
June 19-20 Denton, MD
June 26-27 Sharptown
July 3-4 Defiance OH
July 10-11 Williamsport, PA
August 9 25th Tomahawk AOMC antique outboard swap meet & show
August 9-15 APBA Stock/Mod Nats Whitney Pt, NY
August 19-22 Antique Raceboat Regatta Clayton, NY
August 21-22 Alexandria KY
Sept 4-5-6 Lock Haven, PA
Sept 25-26 Ford City, PA
Fall Millville
Oct 9-10Camden

bulldogdaddy
04-17-2004, 05:13 PM
delewarerick told me about the races in denton and sharptown.
don't know which one were going to go to but will meet ya there.
can you post the location where they'll be held at.

Mark75H
04-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Denton (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=6cQ67up_0ToKNuJUkzs4enE.&csz=west+denton%2C+md&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=)

Zoom in to setting 2 or the closest setting The race is right where it says Bridge St in West Denton. We race right up to the bridge and turn around. The fast alkies have to run under the bridge to finish their last lap

Sharptown (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=moVDaOp_0Tqu5moImvqdaJxzkkI2gOf1&csz=sharptown%2C+md&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=)

Zoom in to setting 2 ....... race is at Cherry Beach Park ... Cherry Beach Rd. We start by going up past the bridge and come back to the oval in front of Cherry Beach

You can't get to the water from 313 to Little Water St, you have to turn off of 313 at the Cherry Beach Rd/Line Rd intersection

Two dates have been changed:

->May 1-2 Camden, NC
->May 15-16 Millville, NJ NE Divs, & AOF race Taunton, MA

Ronnie C.
04-18-2004, 09:06 PM
live that far from either place.If there is anything i can do, let me know. Ronnie C.

Mark75H
04-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Ronnie, if you have a VHF radio and don't mind sitting in the sun roasting all day we can usually use help towing in boats that stall out on the course. If you are an accountant and can't get enough of juggling numbers we can always use help with scoring on the judges stand.

Another schedule change:

There will not be a fall race at Camden, NC. Due to a sale of the property the spring race will be the last race ever held at that very popular site.

quickonstep
04-18-2004, 09:39 PM
yea im not far from there eaither..

If yall need help, im here would be more than happy to help you guys out.

443-421-9892

Jesse

Dave S
04-21-2004, 07:33 AM
I would like to go but the motors scare me and my dog. And Sams is really bad with all those pipes, really hurts the dogs ears.:( ......

bulldogdaddy
06-17-2004, 07:24 PM
sam have you talked to rick?
will be there sat. need some better directiond about where everyone is going to meet

Dave S
06-17-2004, 08:00 PM
That we'll all get lost trying to find the place. :rolleyes: The best I know of it is it's on the west side of Dention, I think you get off at Gay street. Ask for the Yacht club. They May have signs but they are usally small. Kinda like a easter egg hunt. ;)

Mark75H
06-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Dave is the only one who will have trouble finding the place:

Take 50 to 404 to Denton. Turn right on MD 324 (River Rd just before the bridge at Denton) and then left at the next little road along the river (I think it is "Old River Rd") -- there will be signs. There will be parking on the left just before the race site. They run a little shuttle wagon behind a tractor, but it is easily close enough to walk.

Rick is coming.

Where to meet: Just look for someone who looks like Bill the Cat wearing glasses. That is Dave.

My boat will probably be set up in the corner of the launch ramp (inside the restricted "Hot Pits") right behind the ambulance. I will probably have to do turn boat duty in the first set of racing ... if you get there after noon Saturday you won't see me until 1:30 or 2:00.

I will probaly let Jeff Huson drive my boat on Sunday.

Mark75H
06-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Jeff drove the boat Saturday to test and figued out a problem with the turn fin.

We got that fixed, but our class was delayed until Sunday anyway. That meant 4 heats for Jeff almost back to back starting at noon on Sunday. With the 250cc alcohol burners running separately I decided to enter 250 as an alkie step-up to get in a few laps; my heats came first in the second flight, we were done by 2pm after running 5 of our 6 predicted heats.

Jeff and I each jumped a start and lapped the course DQ'ed for a heat.

Either at the end of Jeff's testing or beginning of his first heat the motor stopped running against the rev limiter and started bogging a little on mid range. I'm pretty sure it means a few broken reed valves.

I was sick and slept all day today, so fixing the hydro motor is all I will complete this week.

Why did we only run 5 heats? Duh, we are still on the learning curve running with the Odyssey battery as a total loss starting and ignition source. Looks like 15 starts and 10 heats is all we can get on a charge.....I have no complaint with that .... just have to remember to charge it when it falls below 12.5v on the open circuit test. Anyhow after it couldn't start Jeff's second heat we charged it off of the 12vdc charging circuit from Dave Augustine's Honda generator. Arranged more than enough electrons to start 3 more times, but became the butt of a bunch of "Hey, is that an electric boat?" jokes.

After hearing the rev limiter kicking in I have decided to sell my cache of Merc Thunderbolt ignition modules. I will be switching to Rapair modules with the intergrated coil and no rev limiter.

I don't know what the Merc's limit is, it may be 8,000 or 9,000 rpm, but we are finally there:D

Mark75H
06-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Forgot to add: Sharptown (near Salisbury) is this weekend ... gotta be ready!:)

delawarerick
06-21-2004, 09:42 PM
We arrived walked over to the water and there was this loud noise like a magnified bumblebee it was Sams boat. Let me say that boat rips. Good to meet yall and hope to make more races. Rick

Dave S
06-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Hey sam, Bill F. used to use 24 volts. Maybe there was a reason.