PDA

View Full Version : BALZ TO THE WALL (BTTW) dates are set !!!!!!!!!!!

Balzy
02-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Our annual Midwest Charity Boating event dates are set. It will run from Thursday July 22nd through Sunday July 25th. We will be doing out usual tour of Mercury High Perf, Merc High Perf Merchandise sale, Poker Run, Charity Auction and dinner, Fryout at my place, etc like we have done in the past. We are working with Mercury to see what else we can dream up. They want to become even more involved !!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D They have asked us for ideas on what they could do to become more involved. Anyone with ideas on what they would like to see, please post it here and I will take them to Merc.

One change we will be making this year is where the donation goes. We have been giving all (100%) of the proceeds to March of Dimes in the past. In the last 3 years we have donated appx $7200 to them. ($4200 last year alone) We appreciate their involvement and thank them for being part of our event for the last 3 years.

As some of you know, my father is not doing well. He has Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) along with Pulmonary Hypertension. (Not a good combination) Anyone that has dealt with a family member with AD knows what we are going through. AD is one of the worst diseases in the world to cope with. ( for the patient and the family and friends) This has really hit home hard for our entire family. I have made the decision to change the charity to an Alzheimer’s organization. At this point, it is very important to me to make this the best donation year ever. The particular chapter has not been set in stone at this time but it will probably be a local chapter rather than a national organization.

This disease needs to be solved. If it keeps going at the rate it is, it will cost the economy $100,000,000,000.00 by the year 2030 in lost wages for patients and caregivers, and expenses to care for the patients. (Yep that’s right, 100 Billion dollars) As you can imagine, this will wipe out Medicare. Our current economy and government simply can't afford this. I am sure our donation will not solve the disease but everyone’s small part will help.

We will also be involving the Wisconsin Tavern League this year. With their involvement, they will match up to a $3000 donation. I am targeting a $10,000 donation this year. Anyone, businesses or people that would like to help with donations (cash, boating parts, props, or anything for the auction, please e-mail me at Mbalz@charter.net. Every little bit helps. Thanks in advance for your involvement.

More details will be posted as they happen !!!!!!!!!!

ProComp
02-04-2004, 11:22 AM
I'm in. Maybe Lindsay's wife will let him go too! LOL

Hey Nick, hopefully a couple Euro's to keep you company.
Maybe Jerry will show up with my old ProComp. I'll drop him a note with the dates.

KaptainKirk
02-04-2004, 11:33 AM
For the ENTIRE event !!

I also believe that Sara can swing a donation from her work also!
I will double check but I believe with this much notice not a problem...but as soon as you know the local chapter we are donating to let me know as they will want that info.

Our prayers are with you and your family.

K.K. & Sara

Balzy
02-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Brad, glad ya Canooks can make it again this year. Now we just gotta get Anthony SS and the boys from that side of your country to make the trip.

Kappy, I can always rely on you and Sara. (and the rest of the crew down there) Thanks and I will work on the chapter soon. Tell Sara Thanks a pile !!!!!!!!!!

outboards4life
02-04-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm there. I can't wait.

Hydrovector
02-04-2004, 01:21 PM
But a tour through the regular production plant in Fon du lac would ber worth the trip. I been there and I would be a great tour for everyone that has not seen casting or machining done on a large production bases and all the outboards riding around on the conveyor system is pretty neet to see. I'm sure everyone would enjoy it.

Father Steve
02-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Mike I will be there again to haul Steve A's and your Fuel around again. I will try to get Jan to come this time.

Steve

Balzy
02-04-2004, 07:28 PM
They said they don't do tours of the production plant anymore but now that they are asking us for ideas and want to be more involved, things may have changed. I will definatly ask em again !!!!!!!