PDA

View Full Version : NEW Chat Room

wildcat
04-15-2001, 11:23 PM
I have set up a NEW chat room that I hope will work better than the last one. It is linked from the main page, or can be found at:

http://excalibur.starpoint.net/~wildcat/chat

It requires registration, but it only takes 30 seconds to do it.

Please post your feedback.

AlaskaStreamin
04-16-2001, 10:10 AM
I tried to "Register" and it only gives you 10 letters for the user name. What if your user name is longer like mine??
Then on the "registration" page it says "Registration" and there is another form to fill out. I know us "Northerners" are a little slow in the mind, but.........we make up for it with our boats. Hee Hee. HELP!!!! BTW What chat room are we going to use tonight?? (Guess I'll be in the "Black" one if I can't get the new one to work.)

AlaskaStreamin
04-16-2001, 02:32 PM
OK I'm in. Only one comment. Are we going to get a chance to choose our password for the chat room?? I hate having numerous passwords to remember and keep them straight with whatever board I'm on.

wildcat
04-16-2001, 04:38 PM
Oh yes, if we stick with this interface I will be adding a passwd change program that you will be able to use after you are registered.

wildcat
04-16-2001, 06:23 PM
I have increased the maximum username length to 15 characters. Also, users can change their password once the system has emailed you your "ugly" one by going into EDIT YOUR PROFILE.

Any questions let me know.

Tim

AlaskaStreamin
04-16-2001, 06:30 PM
Tried three times to log in the chat room. It didn't like my password. Please check it out. Can anyone else get in?

AlaskaStreamin
04-16-2001, 06:49 PM
OK, I got in on the fourth try. It's taking ten to fifteen seconds for the post to show on the screen. (Like the old white chat room) The black screen chatroom was instant. Is there any way of speeding this up? I DO appreciate all your hard work. Keep it up.

Scott Gilmore
04-16-2001, 08:29 PM
Don't like the new chat room , tried 5 times & couldn't get in. A BIG WASTE OF MY TIME ! Lets go back to the old one. Why do we need all this registration & secret password CRAP just to chat anyway ?? Scott

wildcat
04-16-2001, 08:48 PM
Those of you having problems getting logged in....what are the problems you are having? Is it telling you invalid password? getting specific errors?

When you post to the Bravenet (black) room it appears on YOUR screen right away, but not the other users nessassarily......

AlaskaStreamin
04-16-2001, 09:56 PM
Wildcat,

Well the new chat room lasted about 35 minutes. Thank god some of the folks had the Bravenet link bookmarked and posted it. Yea, it crashed at least once while I was in but, It definately is much faster. Can we have the Bravenet chatroom link back until the bugs get worked out of the new one? I along with the majority really do appreciate what you guys are doing. Keep up the great work!! BTW, It was an invalid password the three times I tried getting in.

[Edited by AlaskaStreamin on 04-16-2001 at 09:59 PM]