PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about a Sleekcraft Rebel???

BigRed 69_420
01-25-2004, 11:37 PM
Hi i just picked up a Sleekcraft Rebel and i need some help i dunno what kind of engine i should run in it to go fast it has a berkley pump but no engine. Enyone who can tell me anything about sleekcrafts would be a huge help Thanx

Checkmate1
01-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Go to www.realjetboats.com and do a search using Sleekcraft rebel. Someone spoke about one just last week.

RLP
01-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Hi i just picked up a Sleekcraft Rebel and i need some help i dunno what kind of engine i should run in it to go fast it has a berkley pump but no engine. Enyone who can tell me anything about sleekcrafts would be a huge help Thanxive had a rebel im a big chevy fan be careful this boat is not a hi-speed hull!

david martin
01-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I owned a Sleekcraft rebel and it is a heavy boat!I put a 454 in it and only got 47 mph with a bercley pump.I broke the transome jumping over big boat wakes and ending up selling the boat without the motor for 500.00 with the trailer.

I dont want to ruin your day but this boat is not a fast jetboat without alot of horsepower and a bad ass jetpump!Sell it and go with a lighter shell only if you want the speed,otherwise enjoy the nice ride at a normal speed.:eek:

sleekcrafter
01-24-2006, 08:24 PM
There is a fellow running a Sleekcraft rebel with twin turbos on the east coast. I think his goal was 100 mph, and was real close to that. You should be able to run in the 60's with BBC or BBF power.

Sleek

http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7363sleekcraft_rebel_ad.jpg

mjwalters
01-24-2006, 11:22 PM
I owned a 1978 Rebel with an olds 455 installed a LS6 chevy and ran 70 with log type exhaust

david martin
01-26-2006, 07:57 PM
mjwalters,

Are you running your boat near Solomons Island?
Is your boat the one that is the fast boat with the slow paint?
If so I have meet you on the saint marys side of maryland with my sleekcraft aristocrat tunnel with the 175 merc on it.(red at the time)
If not where are you running your boat?

david