PDA

View Full Version : Daytona bike week

racerx
01-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Whos going?me my bro and pete are leaving on Feb 27.

beko21
01-22-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm dragging the 18 down to Wildman's and boat for a few days on the 2nd and hit bike week for a couple days, plan on stopping at the Broken Spoke, Froggy's, Cabbage Patch etc.. for a few cold ones! Hope we get some decent weather instead of 6 days of rain.

Triad Boats
01-22-2004, 07:38 PM
I'll be there...but not for the whole week.

racerx
01-23-2004, 10:46 PM
You guys wanna hook up some night?Let me get your cell numbers,like to talk to Wally about my new Triad and buy him some drinks,for such a nice peice.

bits&pieces
01-28-2004, 02:08 PM
:D yep i'm going, haven't mised one(biketober) or bike week in 13 yrs camping in port orange. try to get a pic of my titan 107c.i. 100 h.p. coyote:D

Talon2.5
01-29-2004, 02:27 AM
damn bits thats a nice ride!! :cool:

bits&pieces
01-29-2004, 09:58 AM
talon2.5 thanks, it needed polishing BAD I just got it then. You talkin' bout the bike or the "ride" in the boat?;) where you staying if you go? scotter is polished now/ready for Daytona

Hottrucks
01-29-2004, 05:52 PM
:D Looks like ther'll be a bunch of us down there! I'm coming down from here (NH) . I'm flying into Tampa on the night of the 25th and will be in Daytona the 27th or 8th not sure.My brother inlaw got us rooms. I just need to get my bike picked up at the dealers they put my 1550 kit in it. Then a Quick wash and wax and I'm going to put some miles on!!! :cool:

Is anyone going to Myrtle Beach I'll be there for a week (@ compass cove) Then it's the 1200 mile trek Home :(

freddyspens
01-30-2004, 08:44 PM
ill be there for sure. i cant wait!! im getting a ride to jersey and taking the ferry to delaware and riding the rest of the way on my bike.

the only bike events i have been to is the americade in lake george,ny... i want to go to stuntfest also which i think is feb 7th and 8th.. thats in lakeland,fl and is gonna be crazy! there are some incredible bike riders out there doing some incredible stunts-and of course some rookies TRYING to do some incredible stunts:rolleyes: .....lol either way its gona be a hell of a show, hope to see you all somewhere down there

thaw ripper
01-31-2004, 07:17 AM
Have Fun, and Don't do anything I would'nt Do:D ~tr~

bits&pieces
01-31-2004, 12:52 PM
Hey man, I not sure what days I'll be there but my cell is 770-630-0385 Dewayne:cool: call me when you get there,I haven't made my mine to camp or hotel it.

bits&pieces
01-31-2004, 12:57 PM
you riding that gsxr to daytona? got snow chain for it?:D

Scott Gilmore
01-31-2004, 01:09 PM
I'll be there for the whole week with my V-twin. Scott :D

WILDMAN
01-31-2004, 01:52 PM
Bit and pieces, I'm in Port Orange. My shop is behind the Port Hole Bar. We oughta get everyone to meet somewhere one of the days or nights.

beko21
01-31-2004, 02:02 PM
Sounds like a great idea! Wildman's buying the drinks:eek:

freddyspens
01-31-2004, 05:39 PM
yeah im riding the gixxer bits:eek: but ill be in delaware when i start riding it and im gonna stay the night in va beach. then start again the next day so im riding during the warmest part of the day...its all warm compared to up here though!!! i took it for a ride last week when it got warm-- 13degrees, lmao, man the tires are so hard and cold theres NO traction. breaks loose at 100mph with just the crack of the throttle. im all for having a couple beers with anyone whos around

bits&pieces
01-31-2004, 11:36 PM
You should enter the contests there who rides the farthest wins somethning.Damn you sure "ain't scared" I'd like to hook up with all you guys that are going i put my cell number on earlier and I will have a cold drink whith ya:D I know where wildman is located,the bar right there is ok with me. Got took back to campgroung (Orange Iles)in a cab 3 yrs ago by the owners,(nice folks)You can see it from the bar,First night there too, bad hang over almost ruint my week, never do shots of goldslauger again:eek:

freddyspens
02-01-2004, 12:29 AM
DAMM- i have some intermintent memory's from drinking that stuff!!! i had no idea they had contests like that, thats sweet-- im gonna write some #'s down before i go!

just 1 shot of rumpilemintz and thats it k??? lmao

bits&pieces
03-08-2004, 09:07 AM
BACK!! Daytona was the best in years,cool bikes,chicks,great weather, plenty cold drinks> too crowded,Damn that traffic there.I'm going to keep going to Octoberfest and forget bike week!!!1100 miles rode round trip, blown' clutch basket, sunburned and sore ass. Damn I'm glade to be at work Me and Billy Lane bike builder winner

GP-1
03-09-2004, 06:13 PM
I jusr wish I wouldn't have missed Aaron Yates WWF tryout......

clydecleinmark
03-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Bitsandpieces, You're right about bikeweek this year. It was a good one!! I don't think the weather could have been any better. As usual, we were all over the place-downtown, vintage races, vintage auction (which was earlier in the week than usual so we could go), etc. Did some back and forth runs to Orlando. Orlando HD had Steppenwolf and Marshall Tucker. I bought Racerx's turbocharged Honda Blackbird just before we left and it was a blast to drive down there. On the SIMULATED dragstrip, it turned an 8.5 @ 160mph. On two dyno's it was right around 220hp. A little down from last years top boost of 231 but the lower boost levels were up?? Saw the Orange County crew and they've reached movie star status. Fancy travel buses and all were behind a chain link fence. People were about ten deep to see them. On the other hand, Indian Larry was out there just hanging in his booth. Seemed to be LOTS of Boss Hogs this year, both two and three wheelers. Wanted to run with one but the occasion never arose. I figured my lighter weight would offset some of the Boss horsepower. Would be fun for chits and giggles.

Raceman
03-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Anybody hear how many people got killed at bikeweek this year? A cop told me when we were down there for Turkey Rod Run at Thanksgiving that 22 people died at BW '03. He said that included stabbin's, shootin' and wrecks.

Hydrovector
03-23-2004, 01:07 PM
there were 4 that died in bike accidents 2 were young guys on croch rockets and 2 were guys over 60 on bikes.

clydecleinmark
03-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Don't know how many deaths occurred this year. Usually, it's splashed all over the headlines. The few Orlando papers I saw didn't say anything. For several years, it seemed to hover around a dozen.

clydecleinmark
03-23-2004, 04:20 PM
The word on the street at bikeweek was that the new female mayor (unsure if Daytona or Daytona Beach) simply hates bikeweek. I'm sure the local businesses love it but don't doubt the citizens get pissed. Rumor was that was the reason why they moved the 200 mile race to Saturday from it's historic Sunday slot. I guess they figured they would get their town back a day earlier. I assume the springbreak kids don't take over the entire area but then again, they don't bring as much $$$ to the local economy.

GP-1
03-23-2004, 04:44 PM
The reason they moved the race from Sun. to Sat. was to try to avoid the rain-outs that have happened too often.. The (the AMA) figured that if it rained on Sat., they could still get the race in on Sun.... In the past they've run it on Monday -- with about 17 spectators..

clydecleinmark
03-23-2004, 04:55 PM
GP 1, That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

GP-1
03-23-2004, 05:01 PM
No problem.. I only know about nine things, so when one of them comes up I have to make sure to impress everybody with my knowledge:D Glad you had a good time at bikeweek.. Everybody said the weather was great this year, so, of course, I missed it..

bits&pieces
03-23-2004, 11:10 PM
raceman I was down there a week and by wed. night on the news( I stripped my clutch basket out 3 days downtime)12 had died by bike accedents.every time you see a ambulance it's got it's lights on going or coming makes you think about it some.

clydecleinmark
03-24-2004, 09:53 AM
I noticed a LOT of kids with crotch rockets have turned into stunt riders. Must be moving up from skateboards?? They had skidplates mounted on the rear of the bikes(like a bookrack) that protected the tail light assembly from damage. We were riding from DeLand to Daytona one day and their were two guys on bikes up ahead. Racerx took off after them, pulled alongside and punched it a couple of times. One of them looked over at racerx, winked and did a vertical wheelie while standing straight up on the pegs. Then his partner pulled it up. I was riding behind them and watched them hold it for about a mile. As we passed cars, the cardrivers were either grinning or shaking their heads.

TeamSunset
03-24-2004, 01:04 PM
still got a Daytona200 Rain-Check ticket from over 25 years ago for a "postponed-til-monday" 200 race. We skipped out of highschool for a few days, gassed up the van, and drove from Wisconsin to Daytona (with pocket change) for the Supercross & 200. Sixteen years old, pounding Tom Collins cocktails at Mac's Famous Bar til ya' puked, crusin' the beach, bigtime races... great memories.