PDA

View Full Version : heres a sweet wheelie on a gsxr1000!!!

freddyspens
01-16-2004, 01:07 AM
ive been playing around(when it was warmer) with my new bike- its capable of soo much more then all the older street bikes ive had. its got like 158hp at the rear wheel, a speed limiter that kicks in at an indicated 186mph and handles incredibly!!! ive hit the limiter at 186 (prob close to 180 true mph) around 15 times.

whats the fastest you all have gone??? and lets see your motorcycles, what ya got??

oh, and those r my feet up by the headlight:D

Laker
01-16-2004, 01:52 AM
I suck..
150ish is all I could do on my 1000R Kawasaki.
Head work cams and exhaust from muzzy.... South winds did the assembly, suspension and brake setup.
I think the bike had a good 10-15mph left but I could NOT ride it any faster!
I would LOVE a vintage GSXR 1100 in perfect shape... (Good Luck I know) but the busa has stolen my heart..... for 5 years now......
2 wheels baby!:cool:

beko21
01-16-2004, 02:03 AM
ZX-12, bad ass bitch

beko21
01-16-2004, 02:07 AM
been there done that !200 out of the box:eek:

SGT LAKER
01-16-2004, 02:34 AM
We had a Kiwaiti do that on the highway the other day coming back from another camp.
he went right by us doing a wheelie for about 3/4 of a mile pretty cool see:cool: :D

mikesufka
01-17-2004, 07:11 PM
My 2002 Harley Fatboy goes 101 MPH.

I have had a CBR 600 to 140 MPH or so. Fun bike.

Mike

GP-1
01-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Bike speedometers are so full of crap that you might as well hold your finger up in the air and guess by the wind resistance....

My bike is geared for about 204 @redline, but it don't have the power to get there.. Hayabusas and ZX12s (unrestricted ones) will see about an honest 185-190.. I had a conversation with a ZX12 owner on the way home from Road America (his girlfriend was with him, of course..)He explained to me that since he'd spent $700 on a Muzzy exhaust, his bike would now do about 220.. and (of course) it was now waaaayyyyyy faster than my bone Hayabusa.... I swear, the new generation of sportbike rider are the biggest bunch of BSer's that the world has ever seen..

If you wanna get your ZX12/Hayabusa from 190mph to 200mph, you're gonna need to add at least 40hp to the 160-165 they are stock -- at least cams, headwork and exhaust.. Look at the bikes that run at Maxton, you aren't seeing anything stock running 200mph, but everybody's friend's brother's 3rd cousin has a GSXR-CBR-ZX-YZF 1000 that will do 200 "no problem"..

Damn, this stuff just bugs me..

beko21
01-23-2004, 12:18 PM
I never meant to say I rode mine personally 200, although I did run 180 before I added the muzzy exhaust, power comander and K&N filter system, but I have a video here somewhere that shows a "box stock" ZX12 doing 200 on the autobann, if I can dig it up I'll try to download a piece of it, I'm not trying to blow smoke up anyone's ass.

beko21
01-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Here it is.

GP-1
01-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Sorry.. it wasn't a personal attact on you (or anybody here), but there isn't a stock motorcycle that will go 200 -- no way -- they just don't make the horsepower.. When the Hayabusa first came out there was a European mag that claimed to have gotten exactly 200 (200.00 they said) out of one.. Nobody else even came close.. They were all in the mid 180's to low 190's..

It's been proven in a wind tunnel that the Suzuki is slightly more aerodynamic that the Kawasaki... and I'd bet that my bike makes more horsepower than any straight-out-of-the-crate (completely stock) ZX12... I'd also bet anything that mine won't go 200..

I don't want to start an arguement with anybody, but magazines do this stuff... maybe they had a 30 mph tailwind?? Who knows??

When people ask me how fast my bike goes, I tell them 150.... I'm pretty darn sure it will do that...

beko21
01-23-2004, 01:01 PM
No problem GP-1, I bought this bike in 2000 to piss the wife off, I know it sounds crazy but maybe I might see you at a boat gathering this summer and I'll tell you the whole story over a beer, I had owned more than a few Harley's and a few imports before this bike, after about 4 months of screaming up and down the country roads I decided it was time to sell the casket on 2 wheels, the bike was an absolute blast to ride, and coming off of a Harley it was just crazy, anyway I got the video and I've watched it a few times, if you want it, it's yours, just send me your addy and I'll pass it along, it does have some awesome videos, keep the shiney side up, Kevin

GP-1
01-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Yea, I'd be interested to see it, but you don't have to go through the bother of sending to to me -- thanks anyway..

I see you're from Ohio.. Do you go to any motorcycle races? I'm probably gonna do the Mid-Ohio round this year (I don't have a wife to answer to anymore), so if you do that sort of thing let me know... I'll buy you a beer and let you take a real motorcycle for a ride:D

beko21
01-23-2004, 01:23 PM
I've been to Mid Ohio a few times...very nice track, I buy what I want (so does she) just had a little "misunderstanding" and thought buying another bike (with a new Harley in the garage) that wasn't a cruiser might do the trick at setting her off, it worked :D she begged me the whole time I had it to sell it, I have to agree, she was right on that one, maybe one of the reasons I'm still breathing, I still love to ride...just not at that kind of speed anymore, too fat...too old, my belly wouldn't fit on that tank anymore, even with the heli bars.:eek: I'll be glad to send the video, it's just collecting dust, it's your call, Kevin

freddyspens
01-23-2004, 02:29 PM
i have to agree for the most part about the next generation of riders-- its funny cause a lot of them think if its not a "sportbike" with a fairing then its not fast:rolleyes: -- or the guy telling me his r6 does 170 or something stupid like that....
i just wanted to make clear that i am not some young punk shouting out bs- i have been riding for a long time and when i say it was around 180mph-- it was;-)
i had wanted a zx12 or a busa until i started thinking about the weight difference and handling of the 1000. for what i want to do the 1000 was the better choice for me. ive pretty much taken every bike i have owned to its limits until this one- the newer big bores are incredible for sure

Ilovespeed
01-30-2004, 05:08 PM
i went through this thread pretty fast just scanning over it, and i saw speeds, i was watching a program on these bikes and they all said they would not make a *production* bike that would go over something like 183 or something, so out of the production line all bikes will not go over that certain limit, dont know whether this is true but thought id share, they thought i t was getting rediculous going over 190 so they all made a truce to see who could go the fastest
Tyler

Pete
01-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Pfff wheelie on a GSXR... check out these wheelies on pocket bikes!!!
http://www.pocketbike.com/images/wwwpbcom.mpg

GP-1
01-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Ilovespeed
i went through this thread pretty fast just scanning over it, and i saw speeds, i was watching a program on these bikes and they all said they would not make a *production* bike that would go over something like 183 or something, so out of the production line all bikes will not go over that certain limit, dont know whether this is true but thought id share, they thought i t was getting rediculous going over 190 so they all made a truce to see who could go the fastest
Tyler

This is true.. I don't know how they restricted the Kawasaki, but the Suzuki(s) are restricted by the timing map for 6th gear.. The take timing out (to restrict power).. There are "fixes" for this.. They make the bike think it's in 5th gear all the time, so you supposedly have full power in every gear.. I have (had) one of these, but took it off(5 minute job) because smarter people than me said that while it may give you a few (very few) miles per hour on top, it slowed the bike during acceleration... and Suzuki probably knew what they were doing when they put all those different times maps for each gear in there..

So my bike is "restricted" to 186 mph -- instead of maybe 190.. Why they'd even bother, I don't know. but I can live with it..

freddyspens
01-30-2004, 07:52 PM
there are top end limiters ,in all the bikes capable of these speeds, that come into this country after like 2000 or something... 186mph is the magic # ,which is not exactly right on because of speedo error... i am getting the little plug in that bypasses the speed limiter and also retards the timing in the 1st 4gears from a buddy for helping him work on his bike-- i am looking foward to seeing just how fast i can go

lol- i just saw your post GP-1 and you hit it exactly.. oh, and from what ive read the different timing maps in the 1st few gears is supposedly to make the bike more controllable:confused:

peace out:D

B.Leonard
01-30-2004, 08:59 PM
One of these days... :cool: http://bleonard1.tripod.com/Webpics/ST1300_ABS.jpg
The ST1100 I had did 135 stock, 141 with a K&N filter, sitting almost straight up I might add :D

My V65 Sabre did 155 stock, maybe a little more, hard to tell how much more holding on for life. I could not sit up enough to shift into 6th for fear of being blown off the bike :rolleyes:

But both of those bikes were pre-GPS days so who knows. The speedos did seem pretty accurate though.

-BL

racerx
01-30-2004, 09:59 PM
I found the cure for not hitting 200mph,put a AERO TURBO CHARGER ON A Blackbird Honda,bike wheelys at 135 with only 9lbs of boost very fun bike.ran the quater mile in 10.50s on one wheel at 143mph.

GP-1
01-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by freddyspens
there are top end limiters ,in all the bikes capable of these speeds, that come into this country after like 2000 or something... 186mph is the magic # ,which is not exactly right on because of speedo error... i am getting the little plug in that bypasses the speed limiter and also retards the timing in the 1st 4gears from a buddy for helping him work on his bike-- i am looking foward to seeing just how fast i can go

lol- i just saw your post GP-1 and you hit it exactly.. oh, and from what ive read the different timing maps in the 1st few gears is supposedly to make the bike more controllable:confused:

peace out:D

I don't know the specs for timing in all the gears, but TRE (timing retard eliminator) that they sell makes the bike "see" 5th gear all the time (I believe it's advanced in every gear). Brock Davidson says these things slow the bikes down at the dragstrip, and if he says so it's true -- so mine came off. Actually, my bike felt a little stronger at the bottom of 1st gear, which made it wheelie more.. but that's about it.. and I spend very little time over 180 mph... so I don't really need that.. I'm betting that if they're not beneficial on a Hayabusa, they're not gonna help a GSXR much either.... Seriously, I'd save the $75..

GP-1
01-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by racerx
I found the cure for not hitting 200mph,put a AERO TURBO CHARGER ON A Blackbird Honda,bike wheelys at 135 with only 9lbs of boost very fun bike.ran the quater mile in 10.50s on one wheel at 143mph.

There's proof that horsepower doesn't make you faster.. That bike probably makes 220-230 hp with 9 lbs. of boost, right? That much power means that bike is capable of high eight second quarters with the right setup, but it's a bitch to ride, so that only happens with the right guy at the controls (see Brock Davidson above).. and that's why my bike doesn't need a turbo.. I'd kill myself..

racerx
01-30-2004, 10:30 PM
GP you hit it on the nail 231hp,it is a hand full but from a 80mph roll, hang on,i have had a lot of bikes but this thing is a rush.I had another one with no turbo,had a Erion pipe and jetting it ran a best of 10.37 at 137mph which is not bad for a Honda,The turbo bike i only had one run on it at the track,so it wheelyed and i just rode it out,i figure i could maybe turn 9.50s it is a stock wheel base,needs a lot of clutching.f you know anyone lookin for a bike its for sale its going on e bay next week.

GP-1
01-30-2004, 10:49 PM
I'm sure it's a cool bike, but mine's fast enough.. You should take it to Daytona and sell it there... Good excuse for a vacation.. and you'd probably get more money for it..

freddyspens
01-30-2004, 11:08 PM
the TRE works by keeping the resistence the same as 5th gear at all times which basically tells the computer its in 5th gear no matter what... i actually read the plans to make one for about $10 with a few things from radio shack-- or just buy it for about $29.99 which is the cheapest i have found it,but my buddy is just giving me his cause he just bought a used motor for his bike and it had one on it-hes mainly into stunting and not top speed runs.. i had my bike wide open at least 15times within a couple monthes so i would definately like to have it and maybe do a little test'n'tune now that you got me wondering about 1/4 mi times ;)

GP-1
01-30-2004, 11:19 PM
You've had your bike wide open 15 times in the last couple of months?????:eek: :eek: I hope you have better places to do it than we do.. It's hard to find a safe place for that much speed..

I'd be curious how much difference it makes on a GSXR1000..

Tape a GPS to your gas tank and make runs before and after.. The best radar speed I've heard from a 1000 is about 178, so if you get more than that....

freddyspens
01-31-2004, 02:00 AM
im sure its right around 178 because of speedo error, but i cant wait to try it with the tre(now that you reminded me of the name:D ).. my buddy has a gps but he wouldnt let me use it cause 1time is was drizzling and he knew i would push it a little and the other times i had bald tires so he was looking out for me even though i wouldnt open it up unless i thought it was safe.

theres a main rd up here in the middle of nowhere with a nice stretch thats almost 3miles..it only has a couple of slight turns and there is nothing but fields on either side of the road- no driveways or anything like that.. the 1st time taking one of the turns with the speedo pinned at 186 got my heart pounding!! i think i must have put my inside knee just a little from tight to the bike and from the wind the bike got a little shake:eek: but i have felt comfortable everytime since then....

sorry to ramble but now im getting all psyked for my ride to fl which should be any day now-should be able to open it up on I-95 ,right:cool:

Xallison
02-23-2004, 03:11 PM
178 MPH on the 1986 Honda VF1000R.....used to be my baby ........ate the VMAX for lunch !!!!

B.Leonard
02-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Yeah I'm sure on top end but zero to 80 my money is on the V-Max ;)

-BL

Xallison
02-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Even 0-80 the VF would beat the VMAX.......'course if we're being fair here I guess I'd have to say that the VMAX was bone stock and the VF........ WASN'T !!!

baja200merk
02-23-2004, 03:58 PM
done about 130 on my uncles 999 super sport

race#115
03-03-2004, 07:59 PM
this is my r1 i raced superbikes and 250 gp up here in canada and was a instructor at one of the tracks up here.this bike pulled 168mph up the back straight at mosport up hill all the way.

Scott Tharpe
03-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Are those curb feelers? Didn't know if it was something that let ya know you were about to lose all ground clearance. I know the feeling of riding on your knee and motor cases with the front just sliding along for the ride. Raced GSXR750 91-92ish in WERA SE Region. As much as I hate to admit it I came through the novice ranks with Mr. WWF Yates himself. Actually beat him out of the Championship. The next year he road circles around me.

supergenius74
03-22-2004, 08:04 PM
my 2000 zx9r, sold it to get married, muzzzy carbon fiber and jet kit, would do 180 no problem, miss it. :-(

race#115
03-22-2004, 08:29 PM
the zip ties are just to show that your bike has passed tech .and the crossing guard vest is a marshal or instructor .did yates try to drop kick anyone in club racing as well?that was so his fault what a looser !i loved racing but i had to give it up do to a very bad crash that shattered my wrist ,still on the mend after 2 surgerys and lots of pins and screws (i cant go through a airport metal detector anymore):D

Scott Tharpe
03-22-2004, 10:20 PM
I do not agree with the way he handled the situation but it seemed like the guy stood it up in the middle of that corner. It was about the 5th time they had lapped him. I've had the same thing happen to me buy a slower rider. With that much variation in speeds sometimes its unavoidable. I just sold a ZX6R that I was going to race until a bud of mine got knocked out at the first track day we went to. Don't now if I was smoother due to maturity but I wasn't far off the winning times of the 600 novice class. I didn't think that was bad for beibg out of it for 10 years.
Good Luck

Cobalti
04-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Ohlin suspenson, front, rear, damper.
Acrapovich evolution titanium exaust.
Power commander.
Ported hears. Titanium retainers. Cams intake & exaust (don't know spek.). Yoshimura adjustable cam sprokets. Thinner head gasket.
Braking wave rotors front rear.
Lots more bits and peaces, and lots and lots of dyno time.
The result is 120hp at the rear wheel for a 600cc. Plenty of track power.
My adrenalin fix while i'm building my next race boat.

Ilovespeed
04-03-2004, 04:02 PM
little britain???? i live like like 10 minutes outside lindsay, couple of my girls / personal trainer live there ... mosport eh , cooool lookin bikes, might go to the public drag races this year at mosport see how my dads car performes( yah right haha )
Tyler

V8astrovan
06-01-2004, 06:59 PM
2000 ZX12R bone stock @ 212 on gps. 2002 zx12r not stock 215 gps. pix r to big. if you want pix of whats left of the 2000 or the 2002 let me know

V8astrovan
07-19-2004, 12:20 PM
no wheelie but here is a good stoppie

race#115
07-19-2004, 06:55 PM
by looking at your hands you didnt save that one :D

V8astrovan
07-19-2004, 07:03 PM
nope wouldda been coo if i did

GP-1
08-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by V8astrovan
2000 ZX12R bone stock @ 212 on gps. 2002 zx12r not stock 215 gps. pix r to big. if you want pix of whats left of the 2000 or the 2002 let me know

Huh??? 212 bone stock??? Nope.. No way. Absolutely impossible..

Muzzy "prepared" one with their pipe and it went 197.. Everybody did the "uh huh, right" on that one.. "Sure Rob, stock bike"..

212 mph would put a stock one well into the rev limiter.. if it had the horsepower (probably need about 210 at the rear wheel) to do it..

Most of them run 183-187..

heath brinkley
08-07-2004, 06:30 AM
I agree with GP-1, no way. Even agree on the speedo thing, production jet-ski's and production boats as well, way off.

Have a FZR400 with a titanium header and muzzy pipe, mega cycle cams, cosworth pistons, ported, ect. no speedo, always in 6th @15,000. Honestly think it runs around low to mid 150's, run next to two different guys who both said around the same. Need to run it with the GPS:) would love a big bike but can't part with the money.

heath brinkley
08-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by freddyspens
i just wanted to make clear that i am not some young punk shouting out bs- i have been riding for a long time

We knew that...your name gives it away !!!!:D :D

Fast Freddie rocks.:cool:

GP-1
08-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by heath brinkley
I agree with GP-1, no way. Even agree on the speedo thing, production jet-ski's and production boats as well, way off.

Have a FZR400 with a titanium header and muzzy pipe, mega cycle cams, cosworth pistons, ported, ect. no speedo, always in 6th @15,000. Honestly think it runs around low to mid 150's, run next to two different guys who both said around the same. Need to run it with the GPS:) would love a big bike but can't part with the money.

FZR 400's are cool bikes.. It's tough to find a nice one that hasn't been raced nowadays.. It their day, nothing handled like them.. I guess if you wanna go faster you can just throw a FZR600 motor in there, but if you're getting 150 out of a modded 400, you ain't really gonna gain anything..

15,000 rpm, huh?? I'd always ride with two fingers on the clutch -- just in case..

heath brinkley
08-07-2004, 06:45 PM
the rev limiter's set at 15,200, and it get's there in a hurry. It's a blast to drive, the only problem is it's got no balls. From first gear 10,000 rpm's through sixth it's a bear, and racing around winding back roads it'll run with 600's & 750's. But, if you come out of a turn in the wrong gear (4th instead of 3rd ect.) and it drops below 10,000 it falls dead on it's ass. no twisting the throttle and recovering with a 400 like you can a bigger bike, just NO torque. For that reason I've already picked up a 600 motor/gearbox. It was pretty bad in it's day but that day has past, to attached to the bike to get rid of it, not to mention it's about worthless on the market. So I'm gonna stick the 600 in it, the 400's had aluminum frames, so it should be pretty bad. widen the swingarm and rear wheel to 5 or 5.5 inches and put a TZ250 tail on it, then paint it a retro black/yellow with black wheels, like an old Kenny Roberts Yamaha scheme. It'll still be weak against todays bikes but It'll work for me and work for my budget.

heath brinkley
08-07-2004, 06:48 PM
By the way, don't know if you ever heard of Al Papitto. He did alot of ProStock racing (not NHRA) anyway I bought the bike from him, he built the motor.

V8astrovan
08-07-2004, 06:50 PM
ight soo it wuz all stock..... lol we had a muzzy full race pipe and muzzy bbk (1317cc) and geared it up sum....... we ran 187 stock but that bike is gone n we bought a new zx10r

V8astrovan
08-07-2004, 06:56 PM
we paid almost 2700 bucks for the pipe n header...... it now is n the hands of racer bergie frazier.......

V8astrovan
08-07-2004, 06:57 PM
oooops wrong pic.....

GP-1
08-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by heath brinkley
the rev limiter's set at 15,200, and it get's there in a hurry. It's a blast to drive, the only problem is it's got no balls. From first gear 10,000 rpm's through sixth it's a bear, and racing around winding back roads it'll run with 600's & 750's. But, if you come out of a turn in the wrong gear (4th instead of 3rd ect.) and it drops below 10,000 it falls dead on it's ass. no twisting the throttle and recovering with a 400 like you can a bigger bike, just NO torque. For that reason I've already picked up a 600 motor/gearbox. It was pretty bad in it's day but that day has past, to attached to the bike to get rid of it, not to mention it's about worthless on the market. So I'm gonna stick the 600 in it, the 400's had aluminum frames, so it should be pretty bad. widen the swingarm and rear wheel to 5 or 5.5 inches and put a TZ250 tail on it, then paint it a retro black/yellow with black wheels, like an old Kenny Roberts Yamaha scheme. It'll still be weak against todays bikes but It'll work for me and work for my budget.

Well... It might not be as fast as the new bikes, but who cares.. At least you'll have something that not everybody else has -- that's good for something.. You've got a 600 motor?? I'm not sure, but I think if you're selling it, it might be worth more stock.. Those 600 motors were pretty torquey, but they were a long stroke motor -- no rpm capability... That'll probably be pretty disappointing after spinning that 400.. The yellow/black combo looks really good.. I had an RZ350 like that.. Probably should have kept it, but just like everything else... Post some photos when it's done, I'd like to see it..

heath brinkley
08-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Will do, I want the 600 for the bottom end, you may be right, it may be boring compared to the 400. In fact I know you're right but I'm too scared to run around town at 100+ (where the 400 is fun) with all the cops waiting around. So I figured I'd put the 600 in and have fun below 100 (where the 400 is a bore).
I'm keeping the 400 motor/gearbox though, just so I always have it.

I love RZ350's by the way, and your right, it's cool having something different from the mainstream.

freddyspens
04-02-2005, 06:33 PM
We knew that...your name gives it away !!!!:D :D

Fast Freddie rocks.:cool:

thanks heath-- theres a lot of people that have no idea (most everyone here knows a LOT more then your average joe to say the least)...i got that nick name when i was 17 doing close to mile long wheelies on my '80 or '81 gs450e -how funny that must have been to see......lmao

oh, and sorry for the late reply :o

Burley1
04-02-2005, 11:44 PM
been there done that !200 out of the box:eek:

Then you woke up changed your sheets and went back to bed. A 12r won't go a true 200 mph off a cliff.

Burley1
04-02-2005, 11:47 PM
I never meant to say I rode mine personally 200, although I did run 180 before I added the muzzy exhaust, power comander and K&N filter system, but I have a video here somewhere that shows a "box stock" ZX12 doing 200 on the autobann, if I can dig it up I'll try to download a piece of it, I'm not trying to blow smoke up anyone's ass.

200 indicated not actual