PDA

View Full Version : Paint Layout

Hottrucks
01-14-2004, 06:33 AM
Does anyone Know of a program that you can scan a pic of your boat into to lay out grafics????

Scream And Fly
01-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Most image editing programs will allow this, of course Adobe Photoshop would be the best.

Greg

Techno
01-14-2004, 06:35 PM
If your even low end on drawing the best method I found was to print out a picture in gray scale. Use a regular copier to make copys if you have one available.
Then scribble ideas out. The ones that look workable color them in with a marker or other bright ink.
Then when you like what you see copy the same picture you started with on a transparency.
I painted the back with an airbrush and cheap airbrush paints to check out the scheme.
Using a computer to do the same thing seemed too time consuming to me.
I went through at least 100 ideas this way.

Techno
01-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Even the air brush chamelion paint at $6 a bottle was choice.

Techno
01-14-2004, 06:41 PM
And the flop from paint that cost bucks a bottle compared to 40 for 2 oz.

The scheme changed slightly.

Hottrucks
01-14-2004, 09:28 PM
:D Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Checked out the link I think thats a little more than I want to do (again I've done a bunch of street rods but thet were metal)
I was just was looking to throw a couple of stripes or flames over the top of the white on there now to hide some nics and scratchs and maybe show some lines

You took it way way too far!!!:D

But it looks GREAT!!!!! :D :D

Boz
01-14-2004, 09:41 PM
That's awesome!!!!!

HST300GT
01-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Techno ....

Wow...That a very good idea!!!

Techno
01-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Thanks.
Still think the scribble method is faster and easier. The pics above were the nicer renderings after the general idea was figured out.

A couple things I learned on the way. The high end designer painters don't seem to follow body lines. They lay out a graphic and wrap it on the subject. Look at the Apollo image ad of the lower boat to the left
The other is you can follow body lines but don't be a mule to it. Just a guide here and there.
Thats when I broke away from following the edges and such of the boat.

PROGRESSIVEAUTO
03-23-2005, 10:52 PM
I have done the same thing, works great, and kewl to blow up images on the copying machine too. Time consuming, but what else is there to do on a cold winter day w/o snow to play in? :)