PDA

View Full Version : Hey V-4 Freak. Doid you get my last e-mail? I didnt hear back ...

Arizona Hotboater
05-02-2001, 07:53 PM
Just curious to see if AOL is still working for you.
Marc :D

[Edited by Arizona Hotboater on 05-03-2001 at 10:56 AM]

Ron V
05-02-2001, 08:50 PM
Marc, I got it but I couldn't open the zip file because "a suitable graphics importer could not be found". My home computer is kind of out of date on certain things like that. What was in there anyway?

Was just out on the lake with the Rapid Craft. 3/4 load of fuel and Florida-style humidity and it runs within one mph of cool dry air and empty tanks. Need to try some different props though.

Got a good video of Bob A's Valero over the weekend. I am going to try to get more footage on that tape of different boating things and hopefully some more runs before I copy it for you though. I can't bring the camera onto Blarney Island, but maybe I will at least take shots of the place from the outside so you can see the legend for yourself. Maybe also a video tour of the Fox Chain. Lots of landscape, history, and interesting boats there. Have some stuff to do this weekend but I'll try and make it up there again and film some more.

Ron

:confused:

[Edited by V4Freak on 05-02-2001 at 08:59 PM]

KaptainKirk
05-02-2001, 10:04 PM
I have a tape of Blarneys, channel 11 did a 5 or 10 minute show on tha thursday nite drags.With black outs on the topless babes and all!!
K.K.

WaterBoy
05-02-2001, 10:20 PM
Listening to all yall makes me want to move. Hearing all the fun yall have. Down here all we do is sit on a sandbar and shoot the sh*t. Everynow and then someone will decides to play on the boats. Gets old sometimes.

Waterboy

KaptainKirk
05-02-2001, 10:22 PM
Where ya at WaterBoy?

WaterBoy
05-02-2001, 11:00 PM
I'm four hours south of Montgomery, right at the Florida Line.

Ron V
05-03-2001, 09:08 AM
I saw that episode of Wild Chicago. It showed Sam's Mirage making a run and also had those two hot blonds in the bikinis rubbing up against each other in front of the camera. They showed the underwear and bras hanging from the ceiling and asked that one lady if she was going to leave her underwear there that night. She just replied, "I'm not wearing any." Waterboy, the place is beyond description. In fact the whole Chain is. I'm sure there are wilder places, and places with more hot boats, but the overall character of it, the scenery, people, and social scene is pretty damn good for something out of the midwest. Of course the geographic location has a lot to do with it. The races at Blarney's every Thursday are the highlight. The crowd on the island and in the anchored boats is great. Kind of like the Indy 500 on water--at least in the mentality of the people.

KaptainKirk
05-03-2001, 09:29 AM
Those West Coast Flyers have it all!!
Blue Water!
More Hot Boats than a years mag. subscription!
And lots of Dental Floss and built in Life Jackets!!

Ron V
05-03-2001, 10:10 AM
There is some cool boating around here, but if you want to move to the Chicago area be my guest. As a place to live it sucks at best. Wait'll you sit around at work all week looking forward to going boating or water skiing and then can't go because of 50 mph wind advisories. Or have to go out in the middle of the night in January and brush the snow off your boat cover to keep it from collapsing. Unless of course you are lucky enough to have it in indoor storage in which case you get to write the check for the storage and then worry about raccoons and mice all winter. Not to mention sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and road construction zones everywhere you go and wondering if the minivan moms are going to rear-end you and bust the motor and jackplate off the transom while you are trying to get to the lake. About the only thing it has going for it is the tremendous variety and number of night life spots, hot chicks (in some towns, the rest are toothless junkies) and the job market. But even that loses its charm after you see the cost of housing and taxes and when the transmission of your car dies or it blows a head gasket because they overheated it running the hell out of it on the emission-test dynos. And all the while you pay the highest gas prices in the country--even higher than Hawaii. Only reason I stay here is because of the wages and because it is home to me.

Am I bitter or what??