PDA

View Full Version : Historical or Archives

Flat Out
09-24-2001, 12:52 PM
Greg, I've been collecting boat and motor cataloges since I was a kid. I have Merc and OMC from 75 to date. I have many of the popular brands of boats as well as some Canadian only literature. Would there be a place for this stuff or would it take up too much computer space? Mark C has done a great job with the Hydrostream stuff. Todd has done well with Glastron, Sea Ray etc.Fiberglassics has tons of stuff as well. It would be interesting to see some old "Scream and Fly" type stuff. I'm sure some of us got some interesting old stuff to share.:)

dragonwolfe
09-26-2001, 10:34 PM
I think that's a good idea. It's always cool checkin out the older stuff. Anyone else read this post?

Dragonwolfe

09-26-2001, 10:42 PM
I want to learn as much as I can about boats, etc..

Anything that u have that can teach me, Im all for it

Dan

Scream And Fly
09-28-2001, 11:35 PM
Flat Out,
I am totally with you... I want to do something like that... I had this crazy idea of scanning every outboard motor brochure from 1965-present - talk about a job! I would do it though, because a lot of people can learn from them, and old outboards are just cool. I am totally open to your ideas... Mail me and let's talk about it!

Best regards,
Greg

09-29-2001, 09:26 PM
greg,

if you need help with scanning the books...
i can also use my scanner and email u the pics...

let me know....

Raceman
09-29-2001, 10:34 PM
Greg, I've got 19 of the 21 factory brochures from '60 to '80. Also there are some high perf brochures in the same time frame, although not a complete set. I'll scan and send engine spec pages off any of those you want, as well as pictures. Incidentally, I'm still looking for Twister and Twister 1 brochures, catalogues, or factory pictures to complete the complete set.